• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy about the 4th quarter collapse AGAIN, but they got it together and brought it home. For once both Steph and Klay were locked in for the same game, doesn't happen often enough but they are tough to beat when both of them have it going.

And hopefully Draymond can keep it up, this is the kind of smart, tough game I expect from him. He kind of did a little bit of everything and didn't try to play outside of himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy about the 4th quarter collapse AGAIN, but they got it together and brought it home. For once both Steph and Klay were locked in for the same game, doesn't happen often enough but they are tough to beat when both of them have it going.

And hopefully Draymond can keep it up, this is the kind of smart, tough game I expect from him. He kind of did a little bit of everything and didn't try to play outside of himself.

I haven't watched the game yet, still filtering through the 49ers win, D.Lee seemed to be non factor again tonight, I wonder if he's nursing an injury we dont' know about?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the game yet, still filtering through the 49ers win, D.Lee seemed to be non factor again tonight, I wonder if he's nursing an injury we dont' know about?

He doesn't seem to be getting off the floor very well. he got stuffed more than once by Ibaka when he tried to elevate to the hole in OKC.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can get away with it against shitty teams like Sacto but it bites you against good teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a man who is 6 fooot 8 and plays 38 minutes not have at least one rebound fall into his lap? That is almost impossible.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about not posting the 3:00 P.M. start time.

My thoughts tied in with Harrison Barnes smile when the lights came on... the sky might fall...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iKAYJTZJg

Once Cousins hit his third jumper in a row, the next time down court Bogut put a hand up defensively got him to drive and drew the charge. He might have been still moving that right leg a little, but the way he was ready to take the brute force of Cousins on was impressive... that's the stuff I'm talking about.

The score is 26-28 Kings, Klay Thompson shows the world why he's "The Pool Shark" coming around on a curl he delivers a crisp bounce pass to Jermaine O'Neal for an easy dunk. Bob Fitzgerald comments on the play, "Klay really put it in the pocket perfectly." That's the stuff I'm writing about.

Sleep train arena got loud when David Lee threw it down with a one handed jam after a steal by Stephen Curry. Great to see so many Dub Riders make the trip up North and represent.

"Money" Green hit a big three to end the first half that got a deserved fist pump.

After the "" elbow, Klay Thompson rifles in his new career high 8th three point field goal.

"One tough drive" comment by JB was money. Steph faced up on Isiah Thomas and took him hard left all the way to the rim and finished through contact... "Ali Bomaye!" The next shot a quick pull up over Thomas goes down... this is the killer instinct we've all been waiting for.

Draymond Green turns back into Mr. Intangible and tips in a huge put back after Curry's bank attempt falls off the front of the rim.

I shout "Ali Bomaye," Curry goes quickly with 8.6 left because Sacramento has a foul to give, Steph takes John Salmons to the rack gets grabbed and fights through to show he was shooting. Greg Popa called it best, "Ice (FT #1), Ice (FT #2), baby (faced assassin)." Warriors grab the lead.

The God of Thunder (Andrew Bogut) takes the W with a... thunderous block of Isiah Thomas, and tosses the ball in the air in celebration!

Way to get that W!

P.S. The Niners game was great, beautiful day at Candlestick.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a 1 point game 107-106 with 2 minutes to go, what game are you watching? I'd like to know.

I think he's watching Lower Colon Vision. It's his favorite channel.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green is quickly playing the "All Star" out of the finishing lineup.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His role has changed since we are no longer feeding him the ball in the post. He's got to recraft his game to hit those midrange jumpers and he's got to rebound better. Otherwise, he could be traded.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common post-game lament here has been the continued fourth quarter madness that is Warriors basketball. The player with the greatest responsibility for ball control is the point guard, and Steph was being far to loose with possession throughout parts of the fourth quarter. His attempted behind the back dribble in traffic on the break was emblematic of his less than steely approach to closing out a game.

Steph is certainly one of the most talented players on the planet, but if the Warriors are to become more than just a fun team to watch, he'll need to toughen up a bit more mentally..

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common post-game lament here has been the continued fourth quarter madness that is Warriors basketball. The player with the greatest responsibility for ball control is the point guard, and Steph was being far to loose with possession throughout parts of the fourth quarter. His attempted behind the back dribble in traffic on the break was emblematic of his less than steely approach to closing out a game.

Steph is certainly one of the most talented players on the planet, but if the Warriors are to become more than just a fun team to watch, he'll need to toughen up a bit more mentally..

He's definitely got to take better care of the ball. The Turnoviorrs will not advance deep into the playoffs. Iggy's return should help with that.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay's game was very impressive, instead of having the ball I his hands, he was doing his Reggie Miller impression and running his man off screens. Kudos to Curry and the rest of the team for finding him in the corners.

D. Green looks to be a baller this year, again, to beat a dead horse over and over, looks like whatever Mojo Baze had this offseason sweated into Green, and Green is running with the ball per se.

I haven't gotten to the 1st half yet, ended up walking the Walking Dead Midseason finale, if you are a fan, it was the best episode this season, not going to ruin it, go watch it.

Cousins was flat out abusing Bogut on the block. I'm surprised Jackson didn't sent the double teams sooner. I was thinking Bogut should have just backed away, but Cousins was actually driving to the hole effectively. SAC is a team on the cusp, if they can just get a couple of more pieces to build around Cousins and T. Robinson, that team is going to flourish, but as is, that team is about 3-5 years away.

Fitz and Barnett mentioned something about an injury, and Bucher asked Bogut in the post game, I haven't done any research yet, but did Bogut hurt himself in the 1st half?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about not posting the 3:00 P.M. start time.

P.S. The Niners game was great, beautiful day at Candlestick.

I blame the schedulers for doing a 3p starttime, just awful.

The 49ers game was always nice, especially since the Good Guys won.

- Vernon Davis getting grabbed in the man region by McDonald made me jump out of couch, that one hurt every man who's every picked up a ball. :omg:

Vernon was still able to stay in the game, and managed to LEAP over defenders twice. That was killer.

- Kap was showing some patience, went to his 2nd and 3rd reads a few times, that was impressive considering Staley was out after the 1st quarter?

- Crabtree's 60 yard catch/run was icing on the cake, if he do that 1-2x a week, the rest of the field should open up.

- Gore is a rock, but this wasn't one of his better rushing games, I wasn't focusing on his blitz pickups, but it seems like he the 8/9 man fronts are stifling him severely. Crabtree being back should help that hopefully.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the schedulers for doing a 3p starttime, just awful.

The 49ers game was always nice, especially since the Good Guys won.

- Vernon Davis getting grabbed in the man region by McDonald made me jump out of couch, that one hurt every man who's every picked up a ball. :omg:

Vernon was still able to stay in the game, and managed to LEAP over defenders twice. That was killer.

- Kap was showing some patience, went to his 2nd and 3rd reads a few times, that was impressive considering Staley was out after the 1st quarter?

- Crabtree's 60 yard catch/run was icing on the cake, if he do that 1-2x a week, the rest of the field should open up.

- Gore is a rock, but this wasn't one of his better rushing games, I wasn't focusing on his blitz pickups, but it seems like he the 8/9 man fronts are stifling him severely. Crabtree being back should help that hopefully.

He has no blocking. Gore has to fight his way up to the line of scrimmage for pete's sake.