• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Learned a Valuable Lesson At No Cost

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....when they quit playing with about 2 minutes left against the Celtics and up by 12. They allowed the Celtics to have a chance to win the game at the end. Never quit until the game is over, even against scrub teams like the Celtics.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected; the Warriors did not learn their lesson. They've fallen into that trap where they now believe that all they have to do is show up to win. A humiliating loss to Utah last night. Like the Bulls, the Jazz showed the league the blueprint to beating the Dubs; take it to them on the boards and the Dubs will quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if anyone takes the troll bait. Probably not, this board is dead.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if anyone takes the troll bait. Probably not, this board is dead.

Agreed. Basketball is not a popular game among white people and it seems most posters on SportsHoopla are white. What stuns me though is, that with baseball season coming, how dead the Giants board is; especially coming off a WS year. It seems to be the same few pedants trying to impress each other with their knowledge of baseball minutia. What happened to the real fans who used to be there?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected; the Warriors did not learn their lesson. They've fallen into that trap where they now believe that all they have to do is show up to win. A humiliating loss to Utah last night. Like the Bulls, the Jazz showed the league the blueprint to beating the Dubs; take it to them on the boards and the Dubs will quit.

They were flat. I think you are overreacting. This team is not going to go 70-12 this season. They might hit some bad stretches in an 82 game season. Every once in a while teams will play a stinker

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

:omg: What stuns me though is, that with baseball season coming, how dead the Giants board is; especially coming off a WS year. It seems to be the same few pedants trying to impress each other with their knowledge of baseball minutia. What happened to the real fans who used to be there?

:omg: Are you serious? Have you ever been to a Warrior game before and looked in the stands?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: Are you serious? Have you ever been to a Warrior game before and looked in the stands?

Don't you think though that that is because, at the prices they charge, only white people can afford them? I think black people truly love and apreciate the game more than whites do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were flat. I think you are overreacting. This team is not going to go 70-12 this season. They might hit some bad stretches in an 82 game season. Every once in a while teams will play a stinker

Well, they did play better against Phoenix but that seemed to more from Phoenix just playing horrendlusly than the Warriors playing well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think though that that is because, at the prices they charge, only white people can afford them? I think black people truly love and apreciate the game more than whites do.

I don't believe that at all. While more black people might go to games if ticket prices were cheaper, they don't make up enough of the population to support the league financially without the support of other races. All you have to do is look at where the league was in the late 1970s

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did play better against Phoenix but that seemed to more from Phoenix just playing horrendlusly than the Warriors playing well.

Welcome to the NBA. Teams aren!t going to have their A game and play with maximum intensity every night. Just doesn't happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that at all. While more black people might go to games if ticket prices were cheaper, they don't make up enough of the population to support the league financially without the support of other races. All you have to do is look at where the league was in the late 1970s

I do. To white people its entertainment, to black people its cultural; much more than just entertainment.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cultural to me too. I'm Jewish. We invented the game. The Torah and basketball.

Anyway, the NBA is about the post season. I really don;t think much is learned in the regular season other than building trust, chemistry, work on the X and Os, some player development but everyone knows, the NBA is post season. More is learned in one playoff series than 82 games combined.

Last edited by a moderator: