• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors are winning the title

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...

Wade and Bosh is the reason lebron won two titles.

Kyrie and Love is the reason he won it last year.

He wasn't doing shit with cleveland the first time around.

That's beautiful

The 2 guys with a combined zero postseason games before Lebron arrived are the reason they won

Just beatiful

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. What?

Well, in his 32 years as owner, his Lakers not only won 10 NBA titles, they reached the finals 16 times. Buss brought in Jerry West as general manager,Pat Riley and Magic Johnson to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and then Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal. He was the first owner to get naming rights for a facility (the Great Western Forum), co-founded a basic cable network and then, in conjunction with AEG, brought Staples Center to life, transforming downtown L.A. into an entertainment showplace.

Bill Walton loved Buss. “He was the greatest owner in the history of sports,” Walton said. “Great man.

So much credit goes to David Stern or Magic or Larry Bird or Michael Jordan for turning around what basically was a destitute league when I covered it. But could it have happened without the Lakers? Without Showtime, which became the envy of every professional sports franchise in America? Doubtful.

Dr Buss, did things that the NBA would not approve, court side seats, cheerleaders, etc.

To think otherwise of him is ignorant.....Next please

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading up to the bleeding edge of this thread, see how badly Shaqdaddy was frothing over Kobe, and remembered this bit:
Really? Name one Lakers fan who said Kobe was better than lebron?
Answer: Shaqdaddy

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's beautiful

The 2 guys with a combined zero postseason games before Lebron arrived are the reason they won

Just beatiful

Since you're so big on looking at the non-LeBron piece of the roster.

What did Irving and Love's respective teammates look like on the Cavs and Wolves before they joined LeBron?

Because it sure seems like you're saying "the quality of your teammates doesn't matter unless we're talking about LeBron James before Miami"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly aren't old enough to have seen MJ or Magic play. Watch some tape kiddo and come back to me.

MJ went to play baseball

You know what the Bulls did without him?

They were a Kukoc jumper from the foul line at the Garden from going to the Finals

Lebron left the Cavs

You know what the Cavs did?

Worst record in the NBA, and won the lottery

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in his 32 years as owner, his Lakers not only won 10 NBA titles, they reached the finals 16 times. Buss brought in Jerry West as general manager,Pat Riley and Magic Johnson to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and then Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal. He was the first owner to get naming rights for a facility (the Great Western Forum), co-founded a basic cable network and then, in conjunction with AEG, brought Staples Center to life, transforming downtown L.A. into an entertainment showplace.

Bill Walton loved Buss. “He was the greatest owner in the history of sports,” Walton said. “Great man.

So much credit goes to David Stern or Magic or Larry Bird or Michael Jordan for turning around what basically was a destitute league when I covered it. But could it have happened without the Lakers? Without Showtime, which became the envy of every professional sports franchise in America? Doubtful.

Dr Buss, did things that the NBA would not approve, court side seats, cheerleaders, etc.

To think otherwise of him is ignorant.....Next please

Yes, you're a Lakers fan, I get that. The Lakers are a great franchise, I get that too. A distant second to the Celtics in the NBA, but nonetheless.

Yankees fans would say comparable things about Steinbrennar. Patriots fans about Kraft. Cowboys fans about Jerry.

All would have legit points.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

It's almost like you weren't having a good hoot 10 minutes ago about the 76ers team in the Finals that Kobe's Lakers beat.

Because if you take Iverson off that roster, they were great, right?

In fact, Eric Snow was the 2nd best player on that team.

Didn't you have an opinion about Eric Snow earlier in this thread? I'm sure you did.

You almost had me. but I see you now.

Iverson was awesome

And if he made 7 straight NBA finals and won 3 rings while now playing the best ball of his career, I'd be defending him

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ went to play baseball

You know what the Bulls did without him?

They were a Kukoc jumper from the foul line at the Garden from going to the Finals

Lebron left the Cavs

You know what the Cavs did?

Worst record in the NBA, and won the lottery

Interesting.

The Pacers and Knicks were in the ECF. The Bulls lost a round earlier.

Is this your thing? Talk out of your ass and hope nobody reading it knows the truth?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iverson was awesome

And if he made 7 straight NBA finals and won 3 rings while now playing the best ball of his career, I'd be defending him

Your "7 straight finals" argument is useless when you look at the opposition he faced in the east on the way to them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Is this your thing? Talk out of your ass and hope nobody reading it knows the truth?

Yeah i'm trying to figure out when the Bulls were in the ECF during MJs baseball years.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Correct...Thats my bad, but again, you nitpicking at that doesnt change the overall point

The Bulls were a shot away from the ECF without Jordan

Lebrons' Cavs were the worst team in the league once Lebron left the building

If that doesnt speak to their supporting casts, nothing does

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iverson was awesome

Ok, now go back and click reply again. And this time try to write a response that relates to what you're replying to.

You specifically asked me about the Cavs roster in 2007. You asked about 1 player dragging a shitty roster to the Finals. Claiming it's something totally unprecedented and unheard of. So I mentioned Iverson's Sixers.

You immediately pivot to "7 straight NBA finals and 3 rings"

Yeah. That just happened.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i'm trying to figure out when the Bulls were in the ECF during MJs baseball years.

What's more is that the Pacers/Knicks series was the notorious series where Reggie Miller and Spike Lee went at it.

I'm assuming that Dirt is from NY, based off his teams and avatar. How on earth can he try and represent that he has an even remotely informed opinion about the NBA from this time. And NOT know about the Knicks and Pacers?

He really did have me going for awhile.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "7 straight finals" argument is useless when you look at the opposition he faced in the east on the way to them.

And in 3 of those years, he beat the best team in the powerful West, and if Love and Irving dont go down, it would have obviously been 4

And not for nothing, he is gonna be in the finals for the next 3 or 4 years minimum

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you're a Lakers fan, I get that. The Lakers are a great franchise, I get that too. A distant second to the Celtics in the NBA, but nonetheless.

Many would say The Lakers are Greater because more titles were won by the Lakers, after the 3 point era. Celtics went 20+ plus years with out winning a title until 2008. Lakers have the most regulare season and playoff victories then any other team, but thats a different story.

Yankees fans would say comparable things about Steinbrennar. Patriots fans about Kraft. Cowboys fans about Jerry.

Yes this is true, but you laughed at my opinion about Dr. Buss which I can care less, instead of pointing out other owners as a legitimate argument about them being top owners. But none the less. I didn't say "Dr. Buss was the GOAT owner because I am a Lakers fan" NO it's because what he did for the whole NBA in general. I would of also said Stenbrennar, but he was a douchebag.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more is that the Pacers/Knicks series was the notorious series where Reggie Miller and Spike Lee went at it.

I'm assuming that Dirt is from NY, based off his teams and avatar. How on earth can he try and represent that he has an even remotely informed opinion about the NBA from this time. And NOT know about the Knicks and Pacers?

He really did have me going for awhile.

Keep dancing around the real point, youre a master at that

"Delonte West wasnt on the roster, so the roster must have been great"

"The Bulls only were a shot away from the ECF and not the Finals, so your point must be shit"