• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors and Cavaliers, 2014-15 NBA Championship

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr and his staff really did a good job in this series. They figured out the match ups and just rolled from there on. Kerr is going to be a great coach. Already has one Championship in his back pocket.

7th Rookie coach to win the Title.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Parade route is going to be Friday? Going to SF too besides Oakland?

• The Warriors and the City of Oakland plan to hold a victory rally and parade in Oakland Friday (6/19) at 10 a.m. in celebration of the team winning the NBA championship, according to team officials.

• The parade will begin on Broadway at 11th Street, turn right on Grand Avenue, and right on Harrison Street to Lakeside Drive, ending on Oak Street and proceeding to the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center at Lake Merritt. Fans can begin to line up for the rally as early as 5:00 a.m. at Lakeshore Avenue and 12th Street, according to the team.

• BART will run extra trains for the event, and AC Transit will redirect some of its buses to accommodate the crowds.

For more information, go to warriors.com/parade.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• The Warriors and the City of Oakland plan to hold a victory rally and parade in Oakland Friday (6/19) at 10 a.m. in celebration of the team winning the NBA championship, according to team officials.

• The parade will begin on Broadway at 11th Street, turn right on Grand Avenue, and right on Harrison Street to Lakeside Drive, ending on Oak Street and proceeding to the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center at Lake Merritt. Fans can begin to line up for the rally as early as 5:00 a.m. at Lakeshore Avenue and 12th Street, according to the team.

• BART will run extra trains for the event, and AC Transit will redirect some of its buses to accommodate the crowds.

For more information, go to warriors.com/parade.

Thanks for the info...Surf on dude.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were the first team I ever started watching from a young age. I started becoming a fan of the Warriors towards the end of the RUN TMC. They had just traded Mitch for Billy Owens and traded for Chris Webber. From there it was a downward spiral of awfulness by the organization.

My dad eventually bought season tickets in the nosebleeds. I went to as many games as I could watching a team that would perpetually win 17-20 games a year.

Last night was an amazing experience. I can't even put into words really the emotions that ran through me last night. It feels like all the years of cheering for shit teams finally paid off.

Congrats to the Warriors team, organization, management and staff. It really was a collective effort. I'll highlight later what greater contributions each made, but for right now I'm enjoying the high.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to you guys on winning the NBA title, well done.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Man, where do you think is the best place to watch the parade? I went to the Giants last year but never have been to Oakland for one. Anyone have a idea? I might go Friday.

Not sure...but we have friends that have a condo overlooking Lake Merritt on Harrison which is where we'll be.
I'm sure anywhere on that side of the lake will be okay, or maybe somewhere along Broadway or Grand ave. should be fine as well...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get a chance pick up today's SF Chronicle. Great stories ..great pictures. A great keep sake for any Warriors fan. It's been 40 years..good history memory to have for the future. I love the Green. I like their writers a lot. Newspapers seem to be going away. It's days like today when you really appreciate the craft and the pictures. Computer pictures not the same as a newspaper. I guess I am old school that way.

:suds::clap:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure...but we have friends that have a condo overlooking Lake Merritt on Harrison which is where we'll be.
I'm sure anywhere on that side of the lake will be okay, or maybe somewhere along Broadway or Grand ave. should be fine as well...

Thank You

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Growing up a Warriors fan, I just assumed that they would never win a championship because winning one is for teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs and for star players like Jordan, Duncan, Kobe and LeBron. The best we could hope for was to just make the playoffs and maybe win a series. I didn't start thinking of the possibility of a championship until they got off to such a fantastic start this season. It doesn't feel all the way real yet that they actually won the whole damn thing.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up a Warriors fan, I just assumed that they would never win a championship because winning one is for teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs and for star players like Jordan, Duncan, Kobe and LeBron. The best we could hope for was to just make the playoffs and maybe win a series. I didn't start thinking of the possibility of a championship until they got off to such a fantastic start this season. It doesn't feel all the way real yet that they actually won the whole damn thing.

Do you live in the bay area....or anywhere close by??

If so, try to make it to Oakland on Friday for the victory parade & celebration...that'll help make it sink in real good.

:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the parade gonna swing by Central Louisiana?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you live in the bay area....or anywhere close by??

If so, try to make it to Oakland on Friday for the victory parade & celebration...that'll help make it sink in real good.

:suds:

I live in the East Bay. Sadly, I'm too busy this Friday.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great footage by CSN showing the Warriors flying home with the trophy. They were all bopping to the music partying and enjoying what they just accomplished. Good stuff.