• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter Thurmond Suspended 4 Games

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This would lead me to ask if the commish calls for an internal investigation and suspends others, dish out fines, or takes away draft picks due to a "lack of organizational control." The commish has that power under the CBA even though this is a substance abuse issue and technically falls on the players.

With that said, he had the power to investigate and hurt the Bengals in any one or more of those ways when it felt like they couldn't go a week without an arrest and he never really did anything to that organization other than do an investigation.

So if I were answering the question I would probably say nothing major comes from this from the commissioner but I still had to throw it out there because when the CBA was signed and the NFL wanted to clean up things, they appeared to make a big deal out of these kinds of things and emphasized that ORGANIZATIONS can now face further discipline for these kinds of things. But since then nothing in the form of one of those things has really ever happened to a team that I know of so this probably won't result in anything more being done by the commissioner.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see this as different from the Bengals. This is cheating, and it's rampant in the hawks' locker room. Not expecting him to take action, it just seems like he should.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as different from the Bengals. This is cheating, and it's rampant in the hawks' locker room. Not expecting him to take action, it just seems like he should.

:agree:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I fully agree with that (cheating vs. running afoul of the law). I should have made that distinction. I still don't think much amounts from this, though, but from a competitive standpoint I wouldn't mind it as a 49ers fan. :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dave Mahler:

I've been told Thurmond tested positive for marijuana. Just silly. Selfish.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree with that (cheating vs. running afoul of the law). I should have made that distinction. I still don't think much amounts from this, though, but from a competitive standpoint I wouldn't mind it as a 49ers fan. :)

Thurmond is an idiot for putting his team and teammates through this. How stupid.

I haven't read what the substance was yet so I'm not sure if can be considered "cheating". It could have been steroids or it could have just been weed. I don't think we know yet. Either way he's put the Seahawks at risk which is selfish and dumb. Even worse (from a Seahawk standpoint) is we have the Saints coming to town and were already down one pro bowl CB (Browner), Thurmond was to replace him and had been playing well. Now this makes Brees' day easier.

I hope Lane or Maxwell really step up and Thurmond loses his place in the CB ranks in Seattle. That might make him see how stupid he was.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thurmond is an idiot for putting his team and teammates through this. How stupid.

I haven't read what the substance was yet so I'm not sure if can be considered "cheating". It could have been steroids or it could have just been weed. I don't think we know yet. Either way he's put the Seahawks at risk which is selfish and dumb. Even worse (from a Seahawk standpoint) is we have the Saints coming to town and were already down one pro bowl CB (Browner), Thurmond was to replace him and had been playing well. Now this makes Brees' day easier.

I hope Lane or Maxwell really step up and Thurmond loses his place in the CB ranks in Seattle. That might make him see how stupid he was.
Isn't Thurmond a FA after this season? He might have hurt his payday on this move. Smart to drop the appeal and be ready for the playoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non ped issue … He smoked some weed… Individual accountability.. League will see it as such..

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, updates seem to indicate non-PED. So not a cheating issue seemingly. Shocked it wasn't adderall....

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non ped issue … He smoked some weed… Individual accountability.. League will see it as such..

How do you know it was weed?

Don't tell me you believe every seahawk that got busted lately for PED's was only taking adderrall?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you know it was weed?

Don't tell me you believe every seahawk that got busted lately for PED's was only taking adderrall?

Dave Mahler:

I've been told Thurmond tested positive for marijuana. Just silly. Selfish.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a pot head, always a pot head. :clap: