• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wallace is in, Lockette is out

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lockette must have been really struggling. Hawkins and Collie must be really showing them something.

At least cut Chad Hall.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ricardo Lockette - WR - Free Agent

49ers waived WR Ricardo Lockette.

Lockette's roster spot was needed for QB Seneca Wallace. We haven't had a blurb on Lockette since March when coach Jim Harbaugh said he was "fired up" about the 27-year-old receiver. Lockette is a straight-line speedster, but couldn't crack a 49ers receiving corps starving for talent.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Aug 22 - 2:16 PM

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know the backup situation is messed up when this move was made. Hoping Tolzien or McCoy can hold him off, and then we can let Daniels develop at #3.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought that Lockette would be the first WR to go, but I can't say it shocks me. For all his physical ability, he just never seemed to be able to put it all together. Feel a bit bad for Kap, though. Losing his roommate and this best bud.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricardo Lockette - WR - Free Agent

49ers waived WR Ricardo Lockette.

Lockette's roster spot was needed for QB Seneca Wallace. We haven't had a blurb on Lockette since March when coach Jim Harbaugh said he was "fired up" about the 27-year-old receiver. Lockette is a straight-line speedster, but couldn't crack a 49ers receiving corps starving for talent.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Aug 22 - 2:16 PM

If you an't crack the 49ers receiving corp you know you suck. It is easily the league's least talented group.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant Cohn says:
August 22, 2013 at 11:31 am

Tolzien probably knows the 49ers’ playbook by heart. It could be risky to cut him now. The Seahawks probably would sign him just for the information grab.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Lockette, but he just must not have been showing anything worthy of even practice squad consideration at this point.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be Harbs using his competition mantra again to kick the butts of Tolzien and McCoy. If they can't beat out Daniels or Wallace then we don't need them.

Lockette I liked but if he couldn't grab a roster spot then we move on. Thins the crowd at WR which helps.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, our WR corps has lost a lot of speed this week. Two fastest guys gone in the space of three days. I can't argue too much with the moves, but it would sure be nice to find a deep threat with speed for Kap to play with going forward.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, our WR corps has lost a lot of speed this week. Two fastest guys gone in the space of three days. I can't argue too much with the moves, but it would sure be nice to find a deep threat with speed for Kap to play with going forward.

Baldwin is plenty fast

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We didn't have a true deep threat when we had A.J. and Ricardo, so nothing really changes other than us cutting dead weight. Both WR's need to learn how to use their hands better against press coverage, if they ever want to be considered as deep threats in this league.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baldwin is plenty fast

He's certainly fast enough to be successful at his size, but he's not NFL fast. I don't know that we have a guy on the roster (at WR) who could go sub-4.4 at this point. That's not devastating by any means, it's just a bit curious. Of course, we have a TE who likely still can run a 4.4.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Add Williams to that too

Marlon Moore also has very good speed.

Williams is probably our fastest guy now, with legit 4.4 speed, but that's assuming he's back at that speed following the injury. I can't say what Moore is running these days, but at his pro day I see him listed (DraftScout) at 4.49. They're usually pretty reliable, and that's far from an elite time.

Again, I'm not saying it's a big problem, but at some point it would be nice to have a burner to really push opposing safeties back.