• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wallace is in, Lockette is out

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Williams is probably our fastest guy now, with legit 4.4 speed, but that's assuming he's back at that speed following the injury. I can't say what Moore is running these days, but at his pro day I see him listed (DraftScout) at 4.49. They're usually pretty reliable, and that's far from an elite time.

Again, I'm not saying it's a big problem, but at some point it would be nice to have a burner to really push opposing safeties back.

I think what's more important than WR speed is the ability of the QB to make all the throws accurately and crisply to all parts of the field. Kaep has that kind of arm strength and delivery. Alex did not. Kaep will use the whole field then WR speed is not as critical.

Plus our guys are not that slow. We have a bunch of guys in the 4.45 to 4.55 range. If you get jammed at the line of scrimmage that will easily knock off more than 0.1 seconds.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say good bye to one of the other QBs and I dont think its Daniels that will be gone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lockette must have been really struggling. Hawkins and Collie must be really showing them something.

At least cut Chad Hall.

but isn't Hall the guy who's always open? IF so, let him play another game. no matter your measurable if you can't get open...........and Boldin is the exception, not the rule.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but isn't Hall the guy who's always open? IF so, let him play another game. no matter your measurable if you can't get open...........and Boldin is the exception, not the rule.

I'm confused. You imply measurables aren't all that important, but then refer to a guy with poor measurables as the exception. If Boldin's the exception, doesn't that suggest that the rule is to go for a guy with good measurables?

For the record, I do agree that Hall clearly should not be the first WR cut, even though I still think he's on the outside looking in at the WR position. Also for the record, Hall's measurables in terms of quickness were reportedly exceptional. He's small, and his 40-time was mundane. His three-cone and shuttle were very good.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Moore must be a stud in practice because what's he shown to earn a roster spot? Are we holding him back until regular season?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm confused. You imply measurables aren't all that important, but then refer to a guy with poor measurables as the exception. If Boldin's the exception, doesn't that suggest that the rule is to go for a guy with good measurables?

For the record, I do agree that Hall clearly should not be the first WR cut, even though I still think he's on the outside looking in at the WR position. Also for the record, Hall's measurables in terms of quickness were reportedly exceptional. He's small, and his 40-time was mundane. His three-cone and shuttle were very good.

measurables mean something.........as long as you're performing. if you aren't performing, then no matter how much measurables.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In games he made a few nice catch. He plays wit the 1s and only plays a series or 2

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marlon Moore must be a stud in practice because what's he shown to earn a roster spot? Are we holding him back until regular season?

All reports out of camp were that Moore looked very good, routinely getting open and making impressive grabs. I think there are two things that go into his quiet preseason: 1) the FO became confident early on that he deserved a roster spot and wanted to see what else they have, and 2) they want to - at least to some extent - keep other teams in the dark about what he can do. There is virtually no film on Moore, so why give the opponent something to work with?

In terms of the preseason, I can only recall him with the one reception on third down in the first game, but it was a very nice one on a low ball.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really surprised, Lockette didn't do too terribly much on the field and there is stiff competition at the position. Boldin, KW, Manningham, Baldwin, Patton make the team I believe.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I generally agree with this. At this point, I'd almost be surprised if Hall ISN'T one of the receivers to make the final roster. It sounds weird, but even over someone like Collie. He's been getting snaps with the first team and is listed as the backup to Kyle Williams. Maybe it's naive, but combined with Kaepernick's comments on Hall always being open...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
measurables mean something.........as long as you're performing. if you aren't performing, then no matter how much measurables.

Right, I don't disagree with that. Just didn't understand the point you were trying to make by saying Boldin was the exception.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really surprised, Lockette didn't do too terribly much on the field and there is stiff competition at the position. Boldin, KW, Manningham, Baldwin, Patton make the team I believe.

Manningham is on the pup to start the season. I think they'll keep six to start the season.

Boldin, Moore, Williams. Then Baldwin, Patton.

Now the last spot is still to be determined. Osgood could make it for ST, then we cut him when Manningham gets back. Or Collie makes it (gets a concussion in week 5, placed on IR, and then MM returns). Or we just keep those five and stash two/three WR on the PS.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Manningham is on the pup to start the season. I think they'll keep six to start the season.

Boldin, Moore, Williams. Then Baldwin, Patton.

Now the last spot is still to be determined. Osgood could make it for ST, then we cut him when Manningham gets back. Or Collie makes it (gets a concussion in week 5, placed on IR, and then MM returns). Or we just keep those five and stash two/three WR on the PS.

Yeah, that's how I see things. I think Hall is also in the mix for the fifth spot, but he'll have to beat out Collie.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing with Hall is then which WR gives ST coverage? I agree if he stays open then he's deserving... But the 4/5/6 WRs have to bring some ST dynamic.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only thing with Hall is then which WR gives ST coverage? I agree if he stays open then he's deserving... But the 4/5/6 WRs have to bring some ST dynamic.

Moore is a good gunner. Spillman is a good gunner. Cox and Dahl can both be gunners. I think we're fine there.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Moore is a good gunner. Spillman is a good gunner. Cox and Dahl can both be gunners. I think we're fine there.

I get the feeling that Patton would be a pretty good gunner as well. I could be way off, and he hasn't had the opportunity to show it yet. I just think his attitude would make him a decent fit.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ideally I'd like to keep a slot receiver on the practice squad and avoid having two on the 53 man roster. That's why I think it will be very hard for Hall to stick. He may get in initially but I wouldn't bet on him sticking around when Manningham returns unless Williams is struggling or hurt.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I get the feeling that Patton would be a pretty good gunner as well. I could be way off, and he hasn't had the opportunity to show it yet. I just think his attitude would make him a decent fit.

He's not strong at all (8 reps). That would be my biggest concern. That is an area where upper body strength does kind of matter for a WR.