• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walked into a freaking war zone on the Lions board

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I've gone over to talk on another teams board in a LONG time.

I'll never try that again... Jesus.

Oh well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some boards are cool to talk with aposing fans, Lions board is not one of them. They consider us their main rival.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some boards are cool to talk with aposing fans, Lions board is not one of them. They consider us their main rival.

No, we are fine to talk football with opposing teams. Go read this guys first couple posts he made on the 2-1 thread and then tell me that the reaction he got from fans was unjustified and uncalled for. If a Lions fan came over here and made a similar post what do you think the reaction would be?

I'll save you some time, here are the highlights......

His very first line was this.....

You guys are not a good team, and you'll fade down the stretch as you always do.
He followed that up with this.....

No one with half of a brain, ever bought into either of those teams. It's the same shit, you're a one trick pony. Did you actually think you were going to be able to win consistently in this league by playing like a god damned Madden video game? Throw 45-50 times per game, and play absolutely ZERO defense. Yeah, that's a great formula to win in the playoffs.

You have the biggest clown in the NFL coaching you, an undisciplined crop of young players leading you, and why the fuck is your secondary still SO AWFUL? Seriously, who the fuck runs this shit organization? How in THE MOTHER FUCK, haven't you found a few good defensive backs? Holy shit, they don't even have to be that good. You guys have arguably the best front four in the league. What the fuck is wrong with whoever is running this team?

There is ZERO excuse for why this isn't a contending football team, and you guys STILL STINK. You're bad... you just are. You've beaten two 0-3 teams, and I know you're all excited... but save yourselves from being humiliated one last fucking time. DON'T FOR A SECOND, buy into this team. Even after you beat the Bears on Sunday. And if you somehow don't, then REEEEAAAALLLY don't buy into them.

It's the same shit. You have a little bit of a running game now, congrats. It took you how long to solve that problem? Your defense is still shit, and you've yet to successfully run on a defense worth a damn.

Because the run game has improved from last year, you'll win some games early in the season. You'll look good versus some bad teams, and then look poor against good teams. Same old story. You'll finish with 7-8 wins, and your head coach is gone. Be happy, it's for the best.

Then he went on to whine and cry for being called a troll. What part of those posts would be indicative of a football fan simply wanting to discuss the upcoming game in the course of a normal conversation? I have no intention of hogging up your board and similarly being called the troll that we called him so I wont even post here again. I will read anyone's responses however because I am truly curious as to how his own Bears brothers view that approach to simply talking football with opposing fans. Good luck this weekend and the rest of the season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the biggest clown in the NFL coaching you, an undisciplined crop of young players leading you, and why the fuck is your secondary still SO AWFUL? Seriously, who the fuck runs this shit organization? How in THE MOTHER FUCK, haven't you found a few good defensive backs? Holy shit, they don't even have to be that good. You guys have arguably the best front four in the league. What the fuck is wrong with whoever is running this team?

I cant believe anyone reacted rudely to such subtle comments as this either. What the fuck do you want people to say to you man? I'll break down your 800 word essay paragraph by paragraph if you want. Basically all of em were written to insight anger. Which didn't bother me, but it's not all that hard to see why you pissed most everyone off.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be kidding me, guy. You came to our board and lead with "You guys are not a good team..." as the first sentence of your first post. Since then you've done nothing but talk trash about our coaches, o-line, defense, QB, RBs, WRs, GM, fans, owner and just about everything else about the team.

Nothing wrong with some trash-talk, but you can't seriously come onto our board spewing that kind of junk and expect us all to be buddies with you. That's just ridiculous.

I wouldn't come over here to the Bears board and tell you guys that your team sucks and then start categorically listing the reasons why. But that's exactly what you did on our board. We're fine with some rival trash-talk, but at least call a spade a spade and stop acting like you extended an olive branch and we attacked you for it...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm a disagreement on which team is better than the other? I guess the way I see it is which team was to the playoffs most recently?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm a disagreement on which team is better than the other? I guess the way I see it is which team was to the playoffs most recently?

We've been to the playoffs more recently, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that makes us the better team.

That's actually a whole 'nother argument.

We're discussing one particular guy acting like an idiot on our board. From what I can tell he's got the same m.o. here on his home board. Classic dissenter, from what I can tell... he doesn't seem to give his team any credit for starting 3-0 and leading the division...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude comes over and starts trashing the Lions left & right then comes here and whines that we all didn't give him a big hug for it. Really ???

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, richig, to be honest, sounds like you went in there lobbing missiles around and now are complaining that they shot back. Lob all the missiles you want, but you shouldn't be surprised that they are returning fire.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair you didnt walk into a war board as you put it, you created one by coming over there and saying assholeish things. How about i come over to the bears board and tell you ow much you guys suck and when you all pile on me i can go back to the lions board and say all of your fans suck, because thats what you did man.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bears are the better team, but the lions have home field advantage and hopefully the return of bush.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we are fine to talk football with opposing teams. Go read this guys first couple posts he made on the 2-1 thread and then tell me that the reaction he got from fans was unjustified and uncalled for. If a Lions fan came over here and made a similar post what do you think the reaction would be?

Then he went on to whine and cry for being called a troll. What part of those posts would be indicative of a football fan simply wanting to discuss the upcoming game in the course of a normal conversation? I have no intention of hogging up your board and similarly being called the troll that we called him so I wont even post here again. I will read anyone's responses however because I am truly curious as to how his own Bears brothers view that approach to simply talking football with opposing fans. Good luck this weekend and the rest of the season.

This sounds like a description of the lions to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel free to post here anytime. Rich is a class act but ya he needs to be more polite while posting on anouther teams board. He was just speaking his mind as he does here, those are his true believes. It took me a few seasons to learn how to interact with fans on a rival board. He is a long-time poster here and very well thought of, he is no troll. But I get where you guys are coming from being you don't know him. He speaks his mind and does not pull punches.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ I went over there to give my opinion on what was deemed an illegal block by Suh, nothing I said was out of line or defamatory, and everyone over there chastised me and called me a troll then they started making threads trying to make fun of Matthews and Hawk. Grow up people. Other teams fans like to have intelligent conversations with other fans as well. We aren't all Brian Mclaren.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, wow Richig, all I could muster this morning was a :

"Tough break (no pun intended). Makes you feel any better we're out a starter as well. I'm looking forward to this game, inter division is always interesting. I like our chances, but I'm really hoping Bush is still out... heh."

I have a good friend who is a die hard Lions fan, I find it hard to get all in his grill about football, he's a great guy and good friend. Therefore, I guess it translates here. Tempers my posts. But, go ahead and speak your mind... >grins<

I love that Packer fan comes into the middle of this thread to stir the pot.