• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Reports 2/21/2022

Bill Belichick Places Matt Patricia on Offense

Judge and Patricia have unknown positions with the Patriots offense and no one has a clue if Bill O'Brien is coming back or not.
When asked, all OB has done is smiled and said that he's the offensive coordinator of the Crimson Tide. All outwardsigns are pointing to his return to foxboro.
I'm not seeing it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny people keep referring to the fact the were head coaches all while ignoring the fact they sucked at it. And equally assume a former D Coordinator and shitty head coach somehow will make a great O Line coach. Seems more wishful thinking than logic IMO
1) they didn't get to be head coaches because they sucked at everything and kept getting promoted in order to move the "suck" somewhere else like other large corporations.
2) for Matty P...It was fucking Detroit man...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) they didn't get to be head coaches because they sucked at everything and kept getting promoted in order to move the "suck" somewhere else like other large corporations.
2) for Matty P...It was fucking Detroit man...
They got to be head coaches because they are riding BBs coat tales. And Matty P would have sucked just about anywhere. And I seem to remember most here pissing and moaning about his bend don't break approach. Couple that with the fact he has no known O Line coaching exp and I think its fair to question it. Now maybe Matt P is going to marry into the Belichick family that would all make sense at that point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got to be head coaches because they are riding BBs coat tales. And Matty P would have sucked just about anywhere. And I seem to remember most here pissing and moaning about his bend don't break approach. Couple that with the fact he has no known O Line coaching exp and I think its fair to question it. Now maybe Matt P is going to marry into the Belichick family that would all make sense at that point.
Trust me, my first post when I read he is Oline was , Great! Now the O'line will hear you can bend but please don't break...or something close to that.

But, if they only got promoted because they sucked and were with BB, then BB evidently doesn't need anybody, right?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, my first post when I read he is Oline was , Great! Now the O'line will hear you can bend but please don't break...or something close to that.

But, if they only got promoted because they sucked and were with BB, then BB evidently doesn't need anybody, right?
No it's not that BB doesn't need anybody a trash can needs a liner in most cases does it not?

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like BB is reimagining his coaching staff. Hope it doesn't blow up in his face.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like BB is reimagining his coaching staff. Hope it doesn't blow up in his face.
Sounds like it.

I am not saying these choices will not work, only that they lack exp at the designated position,

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...BB won SB's with these guys, but they suck so bad they should not be given a chance to succeed again?
Oyy is that were we are headed you're going to start putting words in my mouth because you choose to ignore the facts? If you are about to enter full douche' mode make it clear we can end it now.

What I said is that he has zero exp with the O line, failed as a HC, and we all questioned his bend don't break approach. Is any of that not true.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oyy is that were we are headed you're going to start putting words in my mouth because you choose to ignore the facts? If you are about to enter full douche' mode make it clear we can end it now.

What I said is that he has zero exp with the O line, failed as a HC, and we all questioned his bend don't break approach. Is any of that not true.
Ignore what facts?

He has zero experience coaching an oline, but he has vast experience assessing olines and overcoming them, so there is that.
LOTS of coaches failed as a HC then came back and won. Bill Belichick for one. Pete Carroll is another.
Yeah, Bend don't break is very stressful. But it won 3 Super Bowls.

And there you go again. A little friendly jousting and you have to start slinging insults because someone doesn't agree with you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore what facts?

He has zero experience coaching an oline, but he has vast experience assessing olines and overcoming them, so there is that.
LOTS of coaches failed as a HC then came back and won. Bill Belichick for one. Pete Carroll is another.
Yeah, Bend don't break is very stressful. But it won 3 Super Bowls.

And there you go again. A little friendly jousting and you have to start slinging insults because someone doesn't agree with you.
When you start presenting things as if I said them then fuck that and fuck you I won't do that dumb shit. Nowhere did I ever say he should not get a second chance nowhere. Friendly jousting trying to put words in the mouths of people is not friendly jousting. If you feel his being a bend don't break D coordinator and failed head coach qualifies him for O Line coordinator and that those past experiences qualify him then cool. I am suspect as I was suspect when he was our D Coord and became a head coach.

The SBs while he was here were more about Brady the offense and BB IMO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question? Are you all saying that Bill Belichick is making highly questionable decisions as head coach of the Patriots? Are you saying that appointing Matt Patricia as offensive Line coach is a stupid choice and that Joe Judge as TE cach is equally questionable? Or you talking out of both sides of your mouth? I'm having a great deal of difficulty rationalizing total unadultrated respect for BB, yet claiming his selection of coaches for 2022 sucks so far. What are you saying?

So what is it? Genius? First Stage Dementia? Seriously, from the cheap seats, he can't be both and you can't totally respect everything he does except.....................

I'm conerned that he just might be having problems filling spots. Seems like every other NFL team is moving at light speed to get their coaching staffs together well before free agency and the 2022 draft. Or is it that Bill doesn't think he needs those positions filled. Why?

In all honesty. If you owned the Patriots, would you be silently watching this off-season unfold?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little dramatic, no?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be it as it may, I dont believe that anyone who has a personal ownership of the third most valuable sports franchise on the planet can just sit in his ffice or living room and not ask questions. Or make suggestions. I don'believe that any one of us would send two months in Florida awayfrom the snow, ice and freezing cold and not be making calls back north at least twice a week. I've got a halfmillion dollar IRA nd I've been in my broker's BVDs since last Thursday because I've taken a $70,000 hit as of yesterday and I want to know what the fuck he's doing to protect my money. I'd sure as hell be up BB's ass if I owned the Patriots which is worth just a bit more.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be it as it may, I dont believe that anyone who has a personal ownership of the third most valuable sports franchise on the planet can just sit in his ffice or living room and not ask questions. Or make suggestions. I don'believe that any one of us would send two months in Florida awayfrom the snow, ice and freezing cold and not be making calls back north at least twice a week. I've got a halfmillion dollar IRA nd I've been in my broker's BVDs since last Thursday because I've taken a $70,000 hit as of yesterday and I want to know what the fuck he's doing to protect my money. I'd sure as hell be up BB's ass if I owned the Patriots which is worth just a bit more.
well luckily u dont own them We could always go back to the sullivan years:suds:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you start presenting things as if I said them then fuck that and fuck you I won't do that dumb shit. Nowhere did I ever say he should not get a second chance nowhere. Friendly jousting trying to put words in the mouths of people is not friendly jousting. If you feel his being a bend don't break D coordinator and failed head coach qualifies him for O Line coordinator and that those past experiences qualify him then cool. I am suspect as I was suspect when he was our D Coord and became a head coach.

The SBs while he was here were more about Brady the offense and BB IMO
I never said that you said it. Nor did I put words in your mouth.
I simply asked for clarification.
To which you took offense for some reason.

Try not to be so thinned skinned and easily offended.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen How do you know Coach and Kraft aren't talking about the coaching moves? Should they post all of their conversations on Facebook? They are the 3rd most valuable sports team in the USA because of Coach and Brady. Not Kraft. You already think coach is done. Should retire. Game has past him bye. If Kraft is ok with these moves then he is partly responsible if it blows up in their faces. Should he sell the team? Game has passed him bye too. He is alot older then Coach.

You've also stated you think other assistant coaches might not want to Coach here because of Belichick. Show me 1.... just 1 quote from an assistant coach who said "Yeah.. Patriots got in contact with me about the OC job. Fuck that! I ain't coaching for that schmuck". OC's and DC's become head coaches because they learned under Belichick.