• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BK. As you get older, you can't do as much as you used to, or do it as well. Being a few years older than him, I speak from experience. That said, I feel BB needs to fill open coaching spots with qualified personnel and not try to do it all himself.
He's not doing all by himself, he just brought Judge back at what looks to be OC with a cute new title, he has defense on staff, so what is the hurry and what need does he need to fill so expeditiously that not filling it right now would adversely effect the team?

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no huge rush to fill coaching spots immediately. The need to fill spots is real, however. As long as the Pats have qualified people to do the jobs when the season starts, they can be called any cute title BB wants to give them. I just don't think anybody should spread themselves too thin and I also think there is nothing wrong with bringing in new coaches who may have different ideas as long as they don't totally disrupt a system that has worked well for many years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The team announced that Matt Groh has been named their director of player personnel. That was the same title that Ziegler had before being hired by Las Vegas.

Groh has spent the last 11 seasons in New England. He was the college scouting director last season and has also served as a national scout, area scout, and scouting assistant during his time in the organization.

Groh’s father Al was a longtime colleague of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and spent one year as the Jets head coach after Belichick resigned the position. His brother Mike was recently named the Giants’ wide receivers coach."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BK. As you get older, you can't do as much as you used to, or do it as well. Being a few years older than him, I speak from experience. That said, I feel BB needs to fill open coaching spots with qualified personnel and not try to do it all himself.
Has anyone ever considered that maybe some people 'don't' want to work with Bill Belichick? He may not be the easiest guy in the NFL to work for or with. There just might not be a long line of people looking at the open jobs.

Just a thought from a different angle.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The team announced that Matt Groh has been named their director of player personnel. That was the same title that Ziegler had before being hired by Las Vegas.
Good move!!! For Groh and the Patriots.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever considered that maybe some people 'don't' want to work with Bill Belichick? He may not be the easiest guy in the NFL to work for or with. There just might not be a long line of people looking at the open jobs.

Just a thought from a different angle.

That could very well be true. I saw some of the Patriots Coaching jobs posted on Indeed.com. Coach B. must be getting desperate.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Reports 2/21/2022

Bill Belichick Places Matt Patricia on Offense

Judge and Patricia have unknown positions with the Patriots offense and no one has a clue if Bill O'Brien is coming back or not.
When asked, all OB has done is smiled and said that he's the offensive coordinator of the Crimson Tide. All outwardsigns are pointing to his return to foxboro.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ports Illustrated's Albert Breer said Patriots offensive assistant Joe Judge is "expected" to work with the team's quarterbacks.​

Matt Patricia, meanwhile, is expected to work with New England's offensive line. Judge and Patricia, both of whom came back to Bill Belichick after disastrous head coaching stints, "will do so without much experience having coached offense before they became head coaches over the last few years," Breer said. Having Judge work with Mac Jones would be a curious choice after Daniel Jones floundered under Judge and former Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. Judge's role on the Patriots coaching staff in 2022 could be bigger than once thought.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.

Patricia will be telling the Oline it's ok to bend but try not to break...
Exactly my first thought. And how the hell do you hire someone in a job in the NFL that has zero exp at that job? Hell I would have called Joe Rudolph the offensive line coach at Wisconsin

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something drastic happens on the Offensive side of the ball in both coaching and players do we expect a decline from Jones?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something drastic happens on the Offensive side of the ball in both coaching and players do we expect a decline from Jones?
He doesn't seem to be getting set up for success, so yeah it's very possible

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, sadly it is appearing that way.. I can only imagine the posts we will see if that happens next season..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sadly it is appearing that way.. I can only imagine the posts we will see if that happens next season..
If it's haters in all honesty bump them, I do not have time for them. I always tell my kid Ignore is the first word in ignorance. I know I am playing with the word but I needed to set that tone in his head.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Joe Judge came from the special teams side of things but he was a head coach as as Matty P so those guys must've learned a thing or two along the way. I think Jones will be fine as will the offense.

It's very possible the offense improves rather than regresses with McD gone and somebody hungry stepping up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Joe Judge came from the special teams side of things but he was a head coach as as Matty P so those guys must've learned a thing or two along the way. I think Jones will be fine as will the offense.

It's very possible the offense improves rather than regresses with McD gone and somebody hungry stepping up.
So what exp does Patricia have as an O Line coach?

And if we are going to use their HC exp as a guide I think we are fucked

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless they get a stud WR and OL coach then I don't see Mac going anywhere other than the same or possibly even worse..