• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hardly kicking dirt in his eyes. Flores would not have achieved what he had without BB. Well, maybe that's a bit strong, but his entire coaching career was under BB and he rose to head coach. BB has not wronged BF and that's pretty clear.

This seems half sour grapes and half a reflection of the true current issues within the coaching ranks. Anybody doubt Flores' head coaching ability? I think he proved a lot in Miami. Anybody doubt Daboll's? Well since he's never been one of course BB's recommendation would have some influence, influence that Flores did not need.

What is becoming very clear is he got hosed by the Dolphins. He essentially got fired for not wanting to cheat. If any franchise ever deserved Joe Burrow it's Cincinnati and Dolphins wanted to cheat to get him.
While it may be assumed by Flores that Daboll's hiring was influenced by Bill, that still does not demonstrate the need to even bring Bill into it short of proof that Bill said no don't hire him because of his race.
He is suing for racism, Bill helped him rise through the coaching ranks all the way to head coach, regardless of race, so leave him out of it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he won't be back with the Patriots View attachment 288340

Speaking on NPR’s “The Limits” podcast, Flores said it’s “clear” the Giants’ choice to hire Daboll as their next head coach “was made with (Belichick’s) influence.”

“I think there are back-channel conversations and back-channel meetings that are had that oftentimes influence decisions,” Flores said, as transcribed by ProFootballTalk. “I think (the Giants’ hiring process) is a clear example of that. Bill Belichick is a clear example of that. His résumé speaks to that. It was clear to me that decision was made with his influence. That’s part of the problem. That needs to change. There needs to be a fair and equal opportunity to interview and showcase your abilities to lead and earn one of those positions.”

I think he is burning every bridge he sees. I think he's fucked.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the typical response of the day. He refuses to take any responsibility and blames everyone else. He'll probably never get an NFL or even a major college job again. He'll make millions speaking about racism in the NFL. Little does he know that he just set the clock back 50 years. Think that the Owners club will admit a black owner or want to hire black coaches? This event will create more fear than opportunity.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the typical response of the day. He refuses to take any responsibility and blames everyone else. He'll probably never get an NFL or even a major college job again. He'll make millions speaking about racism in the NFL. Little does he know that he just set the clock back 50 years. Think that the Owners club will admit a black owner or want to hire black coaches? This event will create more fear than opportunity.
Let me get this straight. One person sues and the rest won't be admitted? Isn't that a perfect example of racism?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots Rumors: Adam Gase Linked to OC Job After Josh McDaniels' Departure​

TYLER CONWAYFEBRUARY 4, 20224

wzbynreebaikcjdh7jwk.jpg

AP Photo/Charles Krupa
Former Miami Dolphins and New York Jets head coach Adam Gase is reportedly among the names being considered for the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator job.
Mike Girardi of NFL Network reported Gase is being considered alongside Bill O'Brien and internal candidates.
The Patriots are looking to replace Josh McDaniels, who left the team for the Las Vegas Raiders' head-coaching position.
Gase, 43, was out of football last season after being fired for posting a 9-23 record in two seasons with the Jets. He previously spent three years with the Dolphins, going 23-25 before being fired.
Throughout his tenures in Miami and New York, Gase gained a reputation for having a prickly personality without the success to back up his lack of interpersonal skills. He ran into issues with players during both of his stops while also clashing with management.

Those same personality conflicts also follow O'Brien, who had a major falling out with wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and engaged in a power struggle with the front office in Houston. The Texans fired O'Brien four games into the 2020 season after he made a series of questionable personnel decisions after wresting control over roster decisions.
Bill Belichick has a familiarity with O'Brien dating back to the latter's days as an assistant in New England, so there's a decent chance at a reunion. Gase never coached under Belichick, but the Patriots coach has spoken kindly of him in the past.
New England's top internal candidates are tight ends/fullbacks coach Nick Caley and wide receivers coach Mick Lombardi. Caley has been with the organization since 2015 and would seem like the most logical choice.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots

Patriots, Bill O’Brien Reportedly Have ‘Mutual Interest’ In Reunion​

'It just makes a lot of sense for all parties'
Zack-Cox-headshot-129x129.jpg

by Zack Cox

NFL Rumors: Aaron Rodgers Open To Playing For Titans Next Season
Aaron Rodgers is reportedly open to playing for the Tennessee Titans next season and even purchased land in a suburb outside Nashville.

There are signs pointing toward a return to New England for former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien. But it could be a while before that comes to fruition.
During an appearance Thursday on WEEI’s “Gresh & Keefe,” NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reported there is “mutual interest” between the Patriots and O’Brien, who has been widely viewed as a prime candidate for Josh McDaniels’ now-vacant offensive coordinator position.
Rapoport also noted, however, that the Patriots must follow NFL rules during their search for McDaniels’ replacement, including interviewing at least one external minority candidate, and that New England typically is “very, very slow” to fill openings on its coaching staff.
“As far as Bill O’Brien, the NFL’s process is slow,” Rapoport said. “Everyone wants answers now, but the reality is the process is slow. So in order for the Patriots to hire Bill O’Brien — and I do believe there’s interest. I think there’s interest from them, and I think there’s interest from him, and a lot of times when that’s the case, these things end up working out. But they’ve got to go through a process. They have to interview multiple candidates. They have to interview candidates who are minorities. They have to go through all that.
“So we are not there yet, and I would say typically, the Patriots work very, very slow on staffing. Like, I can remember many times they would go to the combine (in early March) and not be set on staffing. So I’m not sure that will happen imminently, but I do believe there’s mutual interest. And honestly, it just makes a lot of sense for all parties.”

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots Rumors: Adam Gase Linked to OC Job After Josh McDaniels' Departure​

TYLER CONWAYFEBRUARY 4, 20224

wzbynreebaikcjdh7jwk.jpg

AP Photo/Charles Krupa
Former Miami Dolphins and New York Jets head coach Adam Gase is reportedly among the names being considered for the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator job.
Mike Girardi of NFL Network reported Gase is being considered alongside Bill O'Brien and internal candidates.
The Patriots are looking to replace Josh McDaniels, who left the team for the Las Vegas Raiders' head-coaching position.
Gase, 43, was out of football last season after being fired for posting a 9-23 record in two seasons with the Jets. He previously spent three years with the Dolphins, going 23-25 before being fired.
Throughout his tenures in Miami and New York, Gase gained a reputation for having a prickly personality without the success to back up his lack of interpersonal skills. He ran into issues with players during both of his stops while also clashing with management.

Those same personality conflicts also follow O'Brien, who had a major falling out with wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and engaged in a power struggle with the front office in Houston. The Texans fired O'Brien four games into the 2020 season after he made a series of questionable personnel decisions after wresting control over roster decisions.
Bill Belichick has a familiarity with O'Brien dating back to the latter's days as an assistant in New England, so there's a decent chance at a reunion. Gase never coached under Belichick, but the Patriots coach has spoken kindly of him in the past.
New England's top internal candidates are tight ends/fullbacks coach Nick Caley and wide receivers coach Mick Lombardi. Caley has been with the organization since 2015 and would seem like the most logical choice.
1) So, it appears coaches get angry when they are working with bad owners?
2) Patriots want an OC with experience calling plays. That rules out internal candidates.
3) Gase has a lot of experience calling the wrong plays.
4) O;Brien would do well here but not likely to take a step back??????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC of the Patriots, to HC of the Texans, to OC of the Alabama Tide, to OC of the Patriots. I would say that he's starting to step forward. Plus, he doesn't have to deal with Brady like he did previously.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Gase considered an offensive guru prior to taking the Fish job? He must've called enough good plays to earn that reputation, no?
He really sucked in Miami. Perhaps that was Ross meddling? Or maybe it was leadership by committee? I'm sure Marino was "dispensing advice"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) So, it appears coaches get angry when they are working with bad owners?
2) Patriots want an OC with experience calling plays. That rules out internal candidates.
3) Gase has a lot of experience calling the wrong plays.

I read an interesting article this morning in which BB has on several occasions said he would rather promote from within than hire somebody from outside in an attempt to keep his system in place. BB was quoted as saying the system was bigger than the coach.

The same article also said O'Brien would be an unlikely hire because he would simply be grooming himself for another HC opportunity and that BB wouldn't want to have to hire yet again in a year or two.

Maybe inaccurate but I thought the article made some really strong points.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interesting article this morning in which BB has on several occasions said he would rather promote from within than hire somebody from outside in an attempt to keep his system in place. BB was quoted as saying the system was bigger than the coach.

The same article also said O'Brien would be an unlikely hire because he would simply be grooming himself for another HC opportunity and that BB wouldn't want to have to hire yet again in a year or two.

BB hires that type but usually gives them a special title and a specific plan. I'd say when you need more experience to help short term while developing more experience into those already in place.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some guys recognize that they were never meant to be morethn somethung and others have to fail miserably to understand. How many people thought Josh ws done after his stintin Denver and again after the Indy debacle? Then again, you have guys like O'brien who took the steo up and then tooktwo steps back and found a comfort zone. My gut tells me that OB's tenure in Houston was doomed before he said yes. Texans onership is AFU and he got hornswoggered by Easterby and then Caserio was brought in to clean up a huge mess and is still trying to wring out the mops. Add to that, the Deshaun Watson mess and he never got the opportunity to finish what he started because he was being constantly stabbed internally. If OB came back to Foxbor, my guess is that he'd be #1 to step up when BB walks away in 2025.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really sucked in Miami. Perhaps that was Ross meddling? Or maybe it was leadership by committee? I'm sure Marino was "dispensing advice"
Are you suggesting Gase made an extra $100,000 per game with the Dolphins?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'scoming back as an Offensive Ass't Coach per NFL.com