• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me happy.
why

Patriots hired offensive assistant Joe Judge.​

The Raiders also showed interest in Judge if only because coach Josh McDaniels had a say in the matter. The former was New England's WRs coach when he last left the Patriots in 2019 but did nothing with the Giants to suggest he's well versed in any offensive scheme in today's NFL. It’s unclear who Judge will be working alongside given McDaniels' departure.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s unclear who Judge will be working alongside given McDaniels' departure.
Mike Reiss said yesterday that Bill may not name anyone as the OC or DC.

No one may be ready internally and BB doesn't like to bring in outsiders and take away opportunities from his existing staff. Judge and possibly OBrien are exceptions because they both had positions on the Patriots previously.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Judge took over the RBs.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders hired Patriots’ WR coach Mick Lombardi as their offensive coordinator.​

New head coach Josh McDaniels worked with Lombardi for three seasons in New England, so the two should hit the ground running in Las Vegas. Lombardi is a first time offensive coordinator, which makes sense given that he is just 33 years old. Lombardi has somehow been coaching in the NFL for nine seasons, and spent the last two seasons as the Patriots’ wide receivers coach. He previously served as the Patriots’ assistant quarterbacks coach and has also had stints with the 49ers and Jets. The Raiders also hired Patriots’ offensive line coach Carmen Bricillo as their offensive line coach.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach B isn't going to be very happy. I read or saw something a long time ago where he was talking with Coach Saben about coaches leaving and poaching coaches from his former team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking two or three years topromote assistants isn't a good practice. BB should have learned this a long time ago. Word is that he was not going to name either an OC or DC this year. Everyone is hauling ass for a promotion and bigger paycheck. Maybe he has all of the pieces already in place. Just doesn't seem like it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking two or three years topromote assistants isn't a good practice. BB should have learned this a long time ago. Word is that he was not going to name either an OC or DC this year. Everyone is hauling ass for a promotion and bigger paycheck. Maybe he has all of the pieces already in place. Just doesn't seem like it.
He should have learned it while avaraging a SB win every three years.
Not including the two they lost or the 13 AFC CG they were in...of which 8 straight...

Yeah, he should have learned some lessons.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill historically has taken his sweet time to actully give anyone a title on his coaching staff. Todays NFL is getting younger and younger coaches át the top position and they are grabbing even younger guys to work for them. Bill has lost 5 coaches and could lose Mayo. If he doen't to see guys mive along, then someone else will undoubtedly take them. It woudn't surprise me a bit if Josh snagged Mayo orone of the other new guys grabbed him to be a DC or even an assistant HC with LB responsibilities. Mayo himself says that he lives it here, BUT he wants to be a HC and needs to mive up to get that serious consideration.

This isn't the 1990's or early 2000's. Youngguys want to be recognized and promoted, whether they work in the NFL, NHL, NBA or Walmart.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say he doesn't.
Belichick is slow-moving when he gets to hiring coaches.
Would you prefer the "Miami method" - hiring and firing coaches continually?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have learned it while avaraging a SB win every three years.
Not including the two they lost or the 13 AFC CG they were in...of which 8 straight...

Careful, BK roasts me all the time for making similar "arguments"... His comments hurt me so....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, BK roasts me all the time for making similar "arguments"... His comments hurt me so....
Big Ken means nothing but the best.
We all spout off stupid shit.
Some of us over anal yze others peoples responses when they catch us on the wrong day, some of us get offended when they catch us on the wrong day.

Myself included even when I am calling myself out for being full of shit.

Which I am.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the big hurry is anyway?

1. The best of anything are grabbed quickly.
2. Give the HC more time to discuss the present roster and what's needed
3. Helps prevent "just filling the coach position" because it's empty.

4. For Bill Belichick, it gives another point of vuiew, other than his own.

BB has lost Josh, Zig, Lombardi and Scar's protege Carmen Bricillo to the raiders alone. All from BB's offensive side of the ball. Josh and Zig had tremendous influence in the last draft because Kraft decided to tell Bill to be moire inclusive and the result was a huge positive. In my opinion, I think Bill is dragging his feet a bit because he knows that Kraft wants more voices heard for the draft and 2021's success will be hard to replicate.

Bear with me. How about bringing back Scott Pioli as the GM. He's with the Falcons working as the Asst GM, under Dimitroff , a former Patriots staffguy asthe Patriots' GM? Bring back Dom Capers as the DC or Rob Ryan as the DC, who bth previously worked under BB? They both know his defensive system and his mindset. Bring back OB from Alabama as the OC.

Here's a small list of BB's guys who've gone elsewhere. Makes you grit your teeth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think BB is too concerned about who he has lost, or in too big a hurry to bring someone in. Seems to me none of the coaches grabbed from BB have had any real success. BB is not apt to grab a name because he's a popular pick this year, he's more apt to grab someone that he feels fit his staff and perhaps has some battle scars.

Again the SB was two days ago there is time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ken means nothing but the best.
We all spout off stupid shit.
Some of us over anal yze others peoples responses when they catch us on the wrong day, some of us get offended when they catch us on the wrong day.

Myself included even when I am calling myself out for being full of shit.

Which I am.
I agree with all of that except the part about BK. He shows up here to feel good about himself and often tries to throw out pure bullshit as "his expertise", again to feel like an expert.

I don't have any issues with bullshitting, but you should expect to be called on it when others see through it,

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that except the part about BK. He shows up here to feel good about himself and often tries to throw out pure bullshit as "his expertise", again to feel like an expert.

I don't have any issues with bullshitting, but you should expect to be called on it when others see through it,
I have gotten to the point where I just try to avoid replying directly to him. To many times he's posted opinion as fact and lacks the ability to see the error of his way's. He cannot admit he is wrong, will argue meaninglessly and i've grown weary of his BS. He should be a lot more mature for a man of his age.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my opinion, but Bill has always had guys on his staff that he could fallback on if he lost someone.

When he lost Weiss he had Josh, when he lost Josh he had OB, when he lost OB he got Josh back immediately. Ondefense, he could always doit himself and bring along someone until that guy coud handle the job.

Today is different. Shit happens at light speed and not at a snail's pace like it did just twenty years ago. Bill's offensive cupboard is bare and his defensive cupbard is pretty sparse. Mayo is still interviewing for DC positions and will probably get one. If BB hires internally which son does he alienate? Steve or Brian?

I know that half of the guys in here think Bill is the son of Jesus and can perform miracles, but he's not the 50 year old BB he was in 2002 who spent a couple of hours a day on the treadmill and fifteen hours a day watching film and examining stats. He's seventy and the past twenty years have worn him down. Unless your Bill and my age (I'm 72 today) you don't have a clue. Over the past year I've lost weight and walk at least two miles a day and feel tremendous but I certainly can't do what I was able to do twenty years ago. Having someone round to help makes life much easier and much less stressful. Bill needs to bring in some help, ASAP.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BK. As you get older, you can't do as much as you used to, or do it as well. Being a few years older than him, I speak from experience. That said, I feel BB needs to fill open coaching spots with qualified personnel and not try to do it all himself.