• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiver Wire Help Week 1

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your best pick ups, ask your questions, etc

I'll go first;

Half PPR: DJ Chark Or Sterling Sheppard

Chark has had a history of being pretty good and the Jags are likely gonna be down a lot. Still, there is some competition among the other WRs on the team even if he put up many targets/catches week 1. Sheppard looks like Jones' favorite target on a team that's gonna suck and doesn't have much else

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go first;

Chark has had a history of being pretty good and the Jags are likely gonna be down a lot. Still, there is some competition among the other WRs on the team even if he put up many targets/catches week 1. Sheppard looks like Jones' favorite target on a team that's gonna suck and doesn't have much else
Chark. Actually shocked hes available as he was widely drafted

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chark. Actually shocked hes available as he was widely drafted

Person drafted him but cut him for Ty'Shon Williams when they had Edwards go down. They had a WR heavy team. I wouldn't have done it but I get the logic

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go first;

Shepard is pretty much a lock for six catches a game.
Weird that it’s close because the answer should be Chark by a landslide.

Chark by a hair (maybe more than three catches on his next twelve targets).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to get Elijah Mitchell in a couple leagues and mainly the one I lost Mostert bc he think he will be a constant. Sermon is a rookie. Even if he doesn't produce, he will get touches.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to get Elijah Mitchell in a couple leagues and mainly the one I lost Mostert bc he think he will be a constant. Sermon is a rookie. Even if he doesn't produce, he will get touches.
They're both rookies :)

For now my money is on the possibility that Sermon was inactive because he isn't in the special teams package whereas Mitchell is, not because Mitchell is better than Sermon. I fully expect Sermon to be the back to own between the two while Mostert is gone. That doesn't mean Mitchell didn't earn some opportunities, just keep in mind the big picture as to how it came about. There's more to Sermon being inactive week 1 than what's on the surface.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For now my money is on the possibility that Sermon was inactive because he isn't in the special teams package whereas Mitchell is, not because Mitchell is better than Sermon. I fully expect Sermon to be the back to own between the two while Mostert is gone. That doesn't mean Mitchell didn't earn some opportunities, just keep in mind the big picture as to how it came about. There's more to Sermon being inactive week 1 than what's on the surface.
Yeah it just doesn't seem Sermon is available in all or most leagues so I don't have a choice.

Mostert is out for season so I think either could be valuable now unless we see another RB come out of the woodworks...you never know with SF

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont wanamt san fran backs period. Forget playing the shanny game week to week. Someone will go off, who? Who knowss

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Sermon going to be the guy.

The hype on Mitchell was really overblown this week.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My no. 2 waiver priority was good enough to snag Eli Mitchell. Should I start him over Antonio Brown and James Robinson in full PPR? You never know with Niners RB's, but I feel Mitchell has the safest floor for Week 2. The Bucs might KO the Falcons early and not have to throw the ball a lot. And James Robinson apparently doesn't exist in Urban Meyer's reality.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My no. 2 waiver priority was good enough to snag Eli Mitchell. Should I start him over Antonio Brown and James Robinson in full PPR? You never know with Niners RB's, but I feel Mitchell has the safest floor for Week 2. The Bucs might KO the Falcons early and not have to throw the ball a lot. And James Robinson apparently doesn't exist in Urban Meyer's reality.
No, wouldn't start him over either. Not Brown and I want to say Robinson was a fluke but we will see with Urbs. Not giving up on Robinson yet though, too early

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would start him over those two. Your a 49er fan, so what's your take on the 49ers backfield? This week, this season, and further down the road.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would start him over those two. Your a 49er fan, so what's your take on the 49ers backfield? This week, this season, and further down the road.

Mitchell will get the most touches for now, but Sermon will get every opportunity to be the leader of the committee, and I can see there being enough touches for both to be fantasy relevant. I'll say there is almost no chance that they bring back Mostert. I think they'll be really happy having Sermon, Mitchell, Hasty, and Jeff Wilson as the RB room.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell will get the most touches for now, but Sermon will get every opportunity to be the leader of the committee, and I can see there being enough touches for both to be fantasy relevant. I'll say there is almost no chance that they bring back Mostert. I think they'll be really happy having Sermon, Mitchell, Hasty, and Jeff Wilson as the RB room.
Yeah it could very well be a week to week thing for these RB's again

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think that the plan was to give Mostert most of the touches this past Sunday and Mitchel was active over Sermon because he plays on special teams. When Mostert went down, they fed Mitchell because he was there and since he did so well, they kept giving him the ball. I think the plan going into this week will be to feed Sermon to see what they have in him. If he doesn't do well, then they go back to Mitchell. But that is a pure guess.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assume AB will have a substantial part in the KO punches. I’d start Brown over both.

Robinson vs Mitchell is a worthy debate… this week, but I still say Robinson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume AB will have a substantial part in the KO punches. I’d start Brown over both.

Robinson vs Mitchell is a worthy debate… this week, but I still say Robinson.
Im gonna agree.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start him over Robinson. The thing about Robinson is he fit the previous regime's mold. There's little special about him, other than he's a ultra maximum effort guy with good vision. Until Urban Meyer decides to utilize that, it's pretty dicey to throw that into your lineup