• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 waiver wire...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no thread on this yet, so I figured I would start one for general talk, although, my question is probably unique for the wire.

Burrows is available and I like him to get stronger as the year goes on. I have Mahomes and am fine with that, but I wouldn't mind grabbing Burrows for when some team needs a QB and the wire is not looking as strong. My problem is that I don't think I have anyone that I should drop for a backup QB. I have no backups at any position on defense, nor at kicker, punter, TE, or QB. All I have are RBs and WRs. Here is my list there...

RBs

Barkley - probably should hold onto him
Ty'Son Williams - Dud last game, but respectable for the first 2 games. Not sure if he is losing touches moving forward to the vets as they get accustomed to the playbook.
Pollard - earning 1b status and catches passes.
Fournette - not great, but not droppable.
Zack Moss - see above
Michael Carter - Could be carrying the load by midseason, although, for the Jets
Mattison - Can't drop him unless Cook is definitely healthy, and even then, I should probably hold onto him or trade him to the Cook owner.

WRs

Adams - probably should hold onto him
Deebo - not droppable
Sutton - see above
Boyd - Has disappointed, but I don't think he is droppable yet
Rondale Moore - Last week's hot pickup. Can't dump him after 1 dud.

I think I just have to chill with what I got and not chase the guy I don't really need, right?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get Gordon..........................league winner!
Thought about it, honestly. Doesn't seem like anyone else wants to be the number 2 in KC.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about it, honestly. Doesn't seem like anyone else wants to be the number 2 in KC.
Gordon would be the #3.
The number 1 and 2 is a tie between Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce who both have 26 targets.
Hardman is currently 3rd with 15 targets.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on demand. How many QBs are rostered?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon would be the #3.
The number 1 and 2 is a tie between Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce who both have 26 targets.
Hardman is currently 3rd with 15 targets.
I meant WR... but you might have, also.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about every other team has 2.
Well... Burrow is top-24 for sure. He plays the Steelers on Mahomes' bye, though, which isn't exactly delicious.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Burrow is top-24 for sure. He plays the Steelers on Mahomes' bye, though, which isn't exactly delicious.
I checked that. Was hoping for a better matchup. I probably would have done it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Mahomes. When both are healthy, there's never a scenario where you're gonna start Burrow over him. There's no need to carry two QBs on your roster. Only time you should carry two is when Mahomes bye is coming up and you might want to snag the best available QB a week in advance to make sure no else snags him

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grabbed Zack Moss

Considering Chuba Hubba

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant WR... but you might have, also.
I knew what you meant. But i also think thats a trap for some owners. (Not that i am saying it applies to you.)

But guys like Kelce and the kid from the Raiders absorb a good chunk of the target share. Ruggs may be the WR1 there but he is not the primary target.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grabbed Zack Moss

Considering Chuba Hubba
I think I can drop Devonta Smith...I don't see him being a big point getting and I have better WRs on my team to play right now.

Thielen
Mike Williams (LAC)
McLaurin
Higgins
Marquise Brown
Christian Kirk

and my RB corp is lacking
Chubb
Barkley
Moss
Mattison

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can drop Devonta Smith...I don't see him being a big point getting and I have better WRs on my team to play right now.

Thielen
Mike Williams (LAC)
McLaurin
Higgins
Marquise Brown
Christian Kirk

and my RB corp is lacking
Chubb
Barkley
Moss
Mattison
Do they have a timetable on CMac? I don't own him anywhere and have been busy this week, so I haven't heard much about it. Smith could come on strong as the year goes on and I don't know that Chuba would be worth it if he is only going to play 1 or 2 games as the lead back.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have a timetable on CMac? I don't own him anywhere and have been busy this week, so I haven't heard much about it. Smith could come on strong as the year goes on and I don't know that Chuba would be worth it if he is only going to play 1 or 2 games as the lead back.
I agree...and I don't see myself using him in the next few weeks anyways...so maybe not a good pick up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To touch on the Josh Gordon topic-

Obviously, first and foremost, it depends entirely on what he has left in the tank. He couldnt break into the Seattle rotation, but that was Lockett and Metcalf.

KC has needed a WR opposite Hill since before Mahommes was even on the team. One could argue they had Sammy Watkins and didn't use him..well, Sammy Watkins couldn't usurp Hollywood Brown in Baltimore, so maybe not a great example. Maybe Gordon has more than Watkins, maybe he doesn't.
And yes, that air attack flows through Kelce and Hill, and defenses pick their poison as to which one they'll try to eliminate any given week, and the other generally feasts. BUT..consider that that #2 WR role has been filled by multiple guys in a rotation the past few seasons..Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, and others, and between them, we're talking roughly 100 targets a year...if there is ONE guy who can fill that role, as opposed to 2 or 3 combined getting those targets..that's easily a flex worthy guy.

The biggest questions is, and one we can't know the answer to until we see it on the field, is Josh Gordon that guy? Does he still have enough to be that guy?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To touch on the Josh Gordon topic-

Obviously, first and foremost, it depends entirely on what he has left in the tank. He couldnt break into the Seattle rotation, but that was Lockett and Metcalf.

KC has needed a WR opposite Hill since before Mahommes was even on the team. One could argue they had Sammy Watkins and didn't use him..well, Sammy Watkins couldn't usurp Hollywood Brown in Baltimore, so maybe not a great example. Maybe Gordon has more than Watkins, maybe he doesn't.
And yes, that air attack flows through Kelce and Hill, and defenses pick their poison as to which one they'll try to eliminate any given week, and the other generally feasts. BUT..consider that that #2 WR role has been filled by multiple guys in a rotation the past few seasons..Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, and others, and between them, we're talking roughly 100 targets a year...if there is ONE guy who can fill that role, as opposed to 2 or 3 combined getting those targets..that's easily a flex worthy guy.

The biggest questions is, and one we can't know the answer to until we see it on the field, is Josh Gordon that guy? Does he still have enough to be that guy?

KC is desperate for another pass catcher besides Hill/Kelce to be consistent for them. I think he'll definitely get a shot at it, but whether he has enough left to fill that role is something different entirely. Fantasy wise, if you're a team that could use some WR depth and you have the space (ie can use an IR slot to fill with a free agent pick up), he's worth a flier on. But if you're having to cut potentially useful players, you're better off taking the wait and see approach with him and hope you can get him on waivers/faab if he does show some promise

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is desperate for another pass catcher besides Hill/Kelce to be consistent for them. I think he'll definitely get a shot at it, but whether he has enough left to fill that role is something different entirely. Fantasy wise, if you're a team that could use some WR depth and you have the space (ie can use an IR slot to fill with a free agent pick up), he's worth a flier on. But if you're having to cut potentially useful players, you're better off taking the wait and see approach with him and hope you can get him on waivers/faab if he does show some promise
exactly right..I mean, I picked him up in 2 leagues..in one i cut Trenton Cannon, best case I get 5 ppr points on a stab in the dark start, maybe he gets a lucky score..one of his 2 on the year or whatever

and the other I dropped Callaway, who had stunk, and promptly turned in a decent day week 3.

win some lose some

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no thread on this yet, so I figured I would start one for general talk, although, my question is probably unique for the wire.

Burrows is available and I like him to get stronger as the year goes on. I have Mahomes and am fine with that, but I wouldn't mind grabbing Burrows for when some team needs a QB and the wire is not looking as strong. My problem is that I don't think I have anyone that I should drop for a backup QB. I have no backups at any position on defense, nor at kicker, punter, TE, or QB. All I have are RBs and WRs. Here is my list there...

RBs

Barkley - probably should hold onto him
Ty'Son Williams - Dud last game, but respectable for the first 2 games. Not sure if he is losing touches moving forward to the vets as they get accustomed to the playbook.
Pollard - earning 1b status and catches passes.
Fournette - not great, but not droppable.
Zack Moss - see above
Michael Carter - Could be carrying the load by midseason, although, for the Jets
Mattison - Can't drop him unless Cook is definitely healthy, and even then, I should probably hold onto him or trade him to the Cook owner.

WRs

Adams - probably should hold onto him
Deebo - not droppable
Sutton - see above
Boyd - Has disappointed, but I don't think he is droppable yet
Rondale Moore - Last week's hot pickup. Can't dump him after 1 dud.

I think I just have to chill with what I got and not chase the guy I don't really need, right?

I don’t think you’d miss Carter.