• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W 11: Time for Revenge 4:25/1:25 CBS/CTV

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season Seahawks were 9th in scoring end of the season and amazingly after the first 5 games they were #1. The difference between last year and this year ( as well as the difference between the first 5 games and the rest of the season)? Not the coaching but the QB play and injuries on the OL and all the shuffling that has been done on the OL. Those two things are some what related but not entirely, it was expected Geno would regress in any case. We just haven't seen Geno play at any point this season like he did at the beginning of the season last year and I'd be shocked if we ever see him play like that ever again. Last season the offense was rolling and and Waldron was lauded for his coaching, this year the offense can't score TDs and folks are calling for his head.
It is easier to coach when things are clicking I guess, but the play at QB stands out as difference between last year and this year and I put that on the player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season Seahawks were 9th in scoring end of the season and amazingly after the first 5 games they were #1. The difference between last year and this year ( as well as the difference between the first 5 games and the rest of the season)? Not the coaching but the QB play and injuries on the OL and all the shuffling that has been done on the OL. Those two things are some what related but not entirely, it was expected Geno would regress in any case. We just haven't seen Geno play at any point this season like he did at the beginning of the season last year and I'd be shocked if we ever see him play like that ever again. Last season the offense was rolling and and Waldron was lauded for his coaching, this year the offense can't score TDs and folks are calling for his head.
It is easier to coach when things are clicking I guess, but the play at QB stands out as difference between last year and this year and I put that on the player.

Blaming the QB is the simplistic.

The OL play has degraded week to week. Certainly in part because of injury. But also individuals have played worse.

In the 1st half, the offense ran some creative sets using 13 and 12 personnel. This helped give Geno a little time to throw.

Go back and watch the plays. Look at the play with 11:08 left in the 3rd. 2 deep routes that were bottled up and Geno gets sacked. Look at what he sees..

1700511428503.png

We have SEVEN people blocking 4 rushers. And still Geno was harassed after 4 seconds. Stone Forsyth just whiffed on a delayed rusher.

On the play that Geno got hurt on, Aaron Donald was basically unblocked by the line. You just can't have this sort of piss poor play from your OL and be successful.

But also, Geno should have an outlet to throw to. You can't see him in the screen shot but Charbs runs our to the flats but there is a backer on him. This is where you should have a TE outlet similar to the play where Dissly dropped the ball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming the QB is the simplistic.

The OL play has degraded week to week. Certainly in part because of injury. But also individuals have played worse.

In the 1st half, the offense ran some creative sets using 13 and 12 personnel. This helped give Geno a little time to throw.

Go back and watch the plays. Look at the play with 11:08 left in the 3rd. 2 deep routes that were bottled up and Geno gets sacked. Look at what he sees..

View attachment 346683

We have SEVEN people blocking 4 rushers. And still Geno was harassed after 4 seconds. Stone Forsyth just whiffed on a delayed rusher.

On the play that Geno got hurt on, Aaron Donald was basically unblocked by the line. You just can't have this sort of piss poor play from your OL and be successful.

But also, Geno should have an outlet to throw to. You can't see him in the screen shot but Charbs runs our to the flats but there is a backer on him. This is where you should have a TE outlet similar to the play where Dissly dropped the ball.
If you recall I mentioned trouble with the OL also. This offense was pretty good last year, I just don't believe the coaching staff just suddenly forgot how to coach this season. Execution is lacking, partly due to the OL problems and partly due to regression from Geno. Blaming the coaching staff is the usual knee jerk reaction that fans do immediately when things get bumpy. This staff put on a good offense last year, this year things just haven't gone as smoothly and I feel it's due to the OL injuries / effectiveness and regression at QB position.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you recall I mentioned trouble with the OL also. This offense was pretty good last year, I just don't believe the coaching staff just suddenly forgot how to coach this season. Execution is lacking, partly due to the OL problems and partly due to regression from Geno. Blaming the coaching staff is the usual knee jerk reaction that fans do immediately when things get bumpy. This staff put on a good offense last year, this year things just haven't gone as smoothly and I feel it's due to the OL injuries and effectiveness and regression at QB position.

I don't think the coaches have forgotten to coach either. I really only blame the coaches for 2 things.

1. Allowing this team to be completely undisciplined. You can't as many penalties has this year and expect to be good.
2. Not developing an effective plan when the OL starts to break down.

Games like yesterday aren't about a single player failing. There was a LOT of failure to execute.

IMO, this isn't about bad play calling, per se. It's about bad game planning. It's about bad preparation.

I don't think that Geno is playing all that differently, to be honest. Maybe a little worse but not that much. If Myers makes the kick at the end the score this year would have been 19-17. Last year the last game was..... 19-16. Geno threw for more yards yesterday despite missing most of the 4th quarter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was 1st down so Spiking it, to me, made the most sense at the time - especially since there was an equipment failure which made him unsure what to do...
That or call a sideline pass play. Catch step out of incomplete clock stops

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose out then we would be top 10. But that's unlikely and if it did happen then Pete would probably be gone.
It's possible he steps down but the opportunity to coach a young QB to go with the offense and defense may keep him on board.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible he steps down but the opportunity to coach a young QB to go with the offense and defense may keep him on board.

Maybe. But I think it would be hard for Pete to keep the team.

To be clear, I don't think we will lose out.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we lose out either, going to be yet another mediocre finish either missing the playoffs or being a doormat for the niners and drafting just out of reach of the qb we really need

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we lose out either, going to be yet another mediocre finish either missing the playoffs or being a doormat for the niners and drafting just out of reach of the qb we really need

My guess is this will be our fate until Pete leaves. He's been a great coach but sometimes you just need to move on.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is this will be our fate until Pete leaves. He's been a great coach but sometimes you just need to move on.
He should step down, but i dont see him doing that. Let schneider pick a coach.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should step down, but i dont see him doing that. Let schneider pick a coach.

Yeah, I doubt it happens unless the fan base completely turns on him. Probably won't happen since they will likely blame Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was traveling but caught this game on the plane. When Lock came in I fully expected the hawks to lose. He has got shit for reps and playing time, 100% expected him to be rusty. That throw to JSN was nice all he had to do was run under it for a TD but I don't think he ever saw the ball, but at least Lock SAW HIM. LOL