• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Georgia Tech, Lane Stadium, 12PM ESPN

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on.

That smug little pud Paul Johnson and his boys are coming to town and I would love nothing more than for the Lunchpail D to send his ass back to Atlanta with yet another L.

Foster has had his number, they seem to be somewhat down this year (needed a TD in the last seconds to beat Georgia Southern), but with the flexbone... They are always tough.

I will be interested to see how the D responds...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pulling for VT this weekend.

To hell with Tech(the Georgia version)

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like in addition to Marshall, DT Luther Maddy is a little beat up too. Would not be a good week to be without either of them. <a href="">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its going to be more like the Ohio State game defensively. I don't think GT has the QB/WR talent to beat us deep so they won't be able to pick on 2nd CB. Maddy and Marshall should be able to contain the dive if healthy. LB and safeties can fly to the ball to get the QB run/pitch. Just hope the offense gets back on track.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely need Maddy and Dadi for this.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the ECU game, I thought this weekend was going to be very very ugly for GT. I still think VT is about a 7 point favorite. (I just checked...VT seems to be an 8-10 point favorite depending on the site.) And that seems about right. But at least now I think GT has a chance.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the ECU game, I thought this weekend was going to be very very ugly for GT. I still think VT is about a 7 point favorite. (I just checked...VT seems to be an 8-10 point favorite depending on the site.) And that seems about right. But at least now I think GT has a chance.
249970d1393016646t-jail-breaking-samsung-image.png

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't read this, but doesn't sound good<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>HUGE <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, Beamer said DE Dewayne Alford is getting work at defensive tackle this week to provide more depth for Georgia Tech game. <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we already know he wasn't gonna play this week. Hopefully it isn't am injury that will keep him sidelined for a significant amount of time.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we already know he wasn't gonna play this week. Hopefully it isn't am injury that will keep him sidelined for a significant amount of time.

Yea... he's a huge part of the defense... pun very much intended.

Looking back, I'd say he's been one of the few guys who really became a difference maker from the 2011 class (and he was practically an unknown before he signed with us)...

Tech's 2011 Signees

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well despite reading in other places that Maddy could be done for the season, this sounds much better.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DT Luther Maddy (knee) practiced today. Bud Foster not sure what <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scot Loeffler said TE Ryan Malleck (knee/ankle) practiced today. Also said TE Kalvin Cline is back as well. Expects him to play. <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well despite reading in other places that Maddy could be done for the season, this sounds much better.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DT Luther Maddy (knee) practiced today. Bud Foster not sure what <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scot Loeffler said TE Ryan Malleck (knee/ankle) practiced today. Also said TE Kalvin Cline is back as well. Expects him to play. <a href="">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good news there with the TEs. I'm hesitant on Maddy though. I think we do need him quite a bit for this game but if his knee has really been giving him that much trouble, I'd rather he sit out and rest it. It's not worth it for him to give it a try only to hurt it worse and lose him for the season (and maybe hurt his NFL stock). Marshall had a big game against GT a year or so ago so hopefully he and some of the younger guys can step up.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to go in on an avatar pic bet with me? Straight up win/loss. Loser changes avatars to something appropriate for the other team for a week. First one to agree gets the bet.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to go in on an avatar pic bet with me? Straight up win/loss. Loser changes avatars to something appropriate for the other team for a week. First one to agree gets the bet.

Done.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news there with the TEs. I'm hesitant on Maddy though. I think we do need him quite a bit for this game but if his knee has really been giving him that much trouble, I'd rather he sit out and rest it. It's not worth it for him to give it a try only to hurt it worse and lose him for the season (and maybe hurt his NFL stock). Marshall had a big game against GT a year or so ago so hopefully he and some of the younger guys can step up.

agreed. Wish they were both perfectly healthy, but whereas in most games I'd prefer to have Maddy if one of them had to be out, in this game I'd prefer to have Marshall. We need Maddy to get healthy, not get further injured dealing with a PJ offense.