• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Bball is snakebit

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that. Terrible luck for a guy we were really gonna count on this year. It's not even the same knee.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big loss. Gotta feel bad for a kid to end his career like that. Going to need some others to step in his absence. I've heard good things about Cadarian Raines in practice. He may be starting at the 4 now after this injury.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh god damn it!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big loss. Gotta feel bad for a kid to end his career like that. Going to need some others to step in his absence. I've heard good things about Cadarian Raines in practice. He may be starting at the 4 now after this injury.
Imo Raines will most likely play 5 instead of 4. Barskdale will probably start at the 4 imo.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Raines will most likely play 5 instead of 4. Barskdale will probably start at the 4 imo.

Agree about Raines, but I think at least in the early season Eddie will start at the 4. This would mean Doe Doe would have to start at the 3. I think he's the only freshman with a shot at starting at the beginning of the season. We def need CJB to step up though

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Raines would play some 5 this year anyways. I don't know if I can watch Stonehands Davilla dribble off of his forehead for another entire season

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't that a bitch

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks, but I don't think its a huge loss. I do feel bad for him though.

Where we're going to miss him most is his experience, but as far as talent goes, all indications point to CJ Barksdale being a heck of a player. I got the feeling that Barksdale wasn't going to see a lot of minutes with JT around because Greenberg has been so reluctant to give younger players meaningful minutes in the past. Now he has to play him more. I'm a big believer in the trial by fire method when it comes to basketball so we'll see if Barksdale lives up to his rating out of HS. We should be ok with a rotation of Barksdale, Raines, and Eddie.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a buzzkill, but i have heard from people who have played with and against barksdale that he is not as a great as his rating indicates. I hope this isn't true, but my guess is that the starting lineup is:

Green
Dorenzo
Do Do
Raines
Davilla

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a buzzkill, but i have heard from people who have played with and against barksdale that he is not as a great as his rating indicates. I hope this isn't true, but my guess is that the starting lineup is:

Green
Dorenzo
Do Do
Raines
Davilla

:nod:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green
Dorenzo
Do Do
Raines
Davilla
I think we limit ourselves too much offensively if we have Raines and Davilla on the floor at the same time (both are pretty much post only players.) I see we starting Eddie or Do Do at the four before we have Raines and Davilla both starting.

Btw I was checking the Hokiesports profiles and found this on Davillas
Returning two-year starter for the Hokies Enters the season with the most career starts as any active player in the ACC A legitimate low-post threat with terrific hands and footwork Has become more aggressive on the backboards and consistent in his overall game Has toughness and maturityAdded strength makes him a more effective low-post defender Hard-worker who knows he needs to continue to improve.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green
Dorenzo
Do Do
Raines
Davilla

That was my proposed lineup on TSL, but Rev Zeke (if you don't know who he his, he is a god) said that we wont play Davila and Raines together much because "depth, range and defending fours... Both Vic and Dot are better suited to play the 5... especially need a face up mid range 4 in the dribble drive... That is not a strong suit for either, nor is guarding mobile fours with some handle ability..."

By all accounts, it sounds like we will see Eddie start at the 4.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is there any possibility of him getting a 6th year of eligibility?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there any possibility of him getting a 6th year of eligibility?

I've heard that he could petition for a 6th year if he wants. But after 2 ACL tears you have to think it's time to call it quits. Greenberg said he's focused on graduating in December right now.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough, tough luck on that one. Seems like the off-season is the most injury-prone time for our team the past couple of years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my proposed lineup on TSL, but Rev Zeke (if you don't know who he his, he is a god) said that we wont play Davila and Raines together much because "depth, range and defending fours... Both Vic and Dot are better suited to play the 5... especially need a face up mid range 4 in the dribble drive... That is not a strong suit for either, nor is guarding mobile fours with some handle ability..."

By all accounts, it sounds like we will see Eddie start at the 4.

I was thinking the same thing. Raines and Davila are similar players, neither one are all that dependable on offense (although Raines has seen limited minutes so who knows what he can really do). I'd start Eddie at 4 and depending on the team we're playing, start Finney-Smith at 4 along with Davila at 5 and play 3 guards. Dorian Finney-Smith needs to stay at the 3 though if all the reports I read on him last year are true. He's more of a wing player than a traditional post up 4.