• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VP Right Again - Hafner > Your Oft Injured DH

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so one is more important than the other because it was planned....gotcha

next time a plane crashes i do expect you to shrug your shoulders and say accidents will happen

where did i say one was more fucking important than the other asshole?

i didnt

not even implied

i simply said one was planned, one wasnt...the rest youre adding as filler, on your own

i will ask again for a link to me saying one is more important than the other
if you cant provide it, man up, apologize, and move on

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) is that the real Dirt?

B) are we doing fanduel tonight? I feel like there is no need to ask but just want to say that I am in forever on those. Also are we going to do 8 so some rando mother fucker is in it...?

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you happen to see morrow's last start. or johnson's last start. or dickie's last start. or buehrle's last start. get where i am going. the jays are starting to come around pitching wise. and as soon as the bats take off. look out. encarnacion is getting hot. now they have lawrie back. the jays will be just fine.

The Standings at my bird feeder this morning:
1. Crows
2. Pidgeons (They play excellent team ball)
3. Next-door neighbor's chickens (can't fly but they dominate the ground scraps below the feeder)
4. Blue Jays
5. Robins

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12527_150414328467652_1371305174_n.jpg

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about prisoner of the moment. No JA Happ talk today I assume?

happ stunk last night.. not so much the previous two starts.

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one happened in boston

one didn't

its actually quite simple

both are terribly tragic and both involve death of innocent people

one happened in boston, one didn't

its common sense

therein lies the difference...and its a rudimentary difference, the outcomes are the same

Glad rock is admitting it now

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right today as I was 48 hours ago, if the bombings took place in Boise, Idaho, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

People from Boston care that their town and their people were bombed the other day. That's just how we roll. Get over it.

:wtf2:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY post is only good for hot bikini shots of Kate Upton and kiera knigtley. I would put much weight into anything else

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already addressed this earlier in the thread

Unless the bombers have absolutely zero common sense whatsoever (entirely possible if they're bostonites), that isn't them

Photo was taken at 10:50 AM - 4 hours before the thing went off

You think someone is going to be lugging around a heavy bomb in a knapsack for 4+ hours? Particularly when they know that there's a good chance somewhere in those 4 hours a bomb sniffing dog could walk by them?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) is that the real Dirt?

B) are we doing fanduel tonight? I feel like there is no need to ask but just want to say that I am in forever on those. Also are we going to do 8 so some rando mother fucker is in it...?

That was my bad sent the invite to my boy but I think I put his name in wrong

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
where did i say one was more fucking important than the other asshole?

i didnt

not even implied

i simply said one was planned, one wasnt...the rest youre adding as filler, on your own

i will ask again for a link to me saying one is more important than the other
if you cant provide it, man up, apologize, and move on

you are implying it by separating the 2...who gives a flying fuck if one was planned or not...what fucking difference does that make?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one is a deliberate act

one isnt

its actually quite simple

both are terribly tragic and both involve death of innocent people

one was planned, one wasnt

its common sense

therein lies the difference...and its a rudimentary difference, the outcomes are the same

There is a difference...of course...but net result is identical...tragic, unnecessary loss of life.

The premeditated nature of one doesn't elevate that tragedy in regards to the victims or their families/friends.

There are of course different sentimentalities that those not involved feel about each...

But whether it's a factory blowing up, a mass pile up on a highway, a school shooting, or roadside bomb at a marathon, or an IED that takes out a convoy...I don't differentiate the effect it has on those most closely impacted.

Loss...is loss...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000: 59% for Bush
2004: 61% for Bush
2008: 55% McCain
2012: 57% Mormon

Ummm. No.

ummm yes?

Can Democrats Turn Texas and Arizona Blue by 2016? - NYTimes.com

Can Democrats Turn Texas and Arizona Blue by 2016?

By MICAH COHEN Since President Obama’s re-election in 2012, Republicans have worried about what an increasingly diverse electorate will mean for their future as a national party. Democrats, meanwhile, have started talking about turning ruby red states like Arizona and Texas blue.
How worried should Republicans be? And how realistic are those Democratic aspirations? A new study released on Thursday — based on data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey — points toward some answers: Republicans should be worried, but Democrats in Austin and Phoenix shouldn’t stock up on confetti just yet.
The study, from the left-leaning Center for American Progress, projects the growth in eligible voters in 12 states by 2014 and 2016. The projections — which broke down the eligible voter growth by race — show that fast-paced minority growth coupled with slow or negative growth among non-Hispanic whites has a substantial impact on the eligible voter makeup of the 12 states that the center examined.
According to the center’s projections, 600,000 Hispanics will be newly eligible to vote in Florida in 2016. Over the same period, fewer than 125,000 new white voters will be eligible in Florida. In Arizona, more than 175,000 Hispanics will enter the voter pool as roughly 10,000 white voters leave it. In Texas, 185,000 new white eligible voters will be overwhelmed by the roughly 900,000 Hispanics expected to enter the electorate.
The report — by Patrick Oakford, a research assistant, and Vanessa Cárdenas, the director of the the center’s Progress 2050 — chose states that were crucial electoral battleground, home to rapid nonwhite population growth, or both. In each state the center analyzed, the white share of eligible voters decreased in 2014 and again in 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/opinion/getting-texas-to-go-democratic.html?_r=0

THE 2012 presidential race in Texas might as well have been in Mexico, so little did the Democrats campaign for the state’s 38 electoral votes.
Yet during a fund-raising swing on a sweltering July day, President Obama let a political secret out of the bag for his rich donors. “You’re not considered one of the battleground states,” he said, “although that’s going to be changing soon.”
Democrats are champing at the bit to turn Texas blue. “People are now looking at Texas and saying: ‘That’s where we need to make our next investment. That’s where the next opportunity lies,’ ” one Democratic state senator told Politico. There’s even optimistic chatter of Hillary Rodham Clinton’s capturing the state in 2016 if she runs for president.
But it’s going to take more than money or a Clinton. The only constant in politics may be change, but turning Texas blue — or even purple — is going to be a lot harder than most folks imagine. It will require hard work, political infrastructure and a vision of Hispanic voters that goes beyond immigration reform.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they look so different from the white guy that was circulated yesterday holding the bag that had similar straps to the one used in the explosion

don't know

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
People from Boston care that their town and their people were bombed the other day. That's just how we roll. Get over it.

:wtf2:

yeah and when the rest of the country gives less of a shit because they arent from boston that makes us bad.....sure it sucks...yeah you never want to see it but worse shit happened last night

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw those 2 cowboy...and that guy looks like a complete creep...

But, this is the photo of the 2 guys they're most interested in now.
suspect--525x415.jpg

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference...of course...but net result is identical...tragic, unnecessary loss of life.

The premeditated nature of one doesn't elevate that tragedy in regards to the victims or their families/friends.

There are of course different sentimentalities that those not involved feel about each...

But whether it's a factory blowing up, a mass pile up on a highway, a school shooting, or roadside bomb at a marathon, or an IED that takes out a convoy...I don't differentiate the effect it has on those most closely impacted.

Loss...is loss...

exactly

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zig. Yankees. Thank you