• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Vote for the MVP

Who is the MVP

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in tha fuck is Debbie? :suspicious:

f91a2a8e-86d8-4ed1-9940-8c141e6d6060.quality_lighter.inline_yes.png

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did it have nothing to do with me when you quoted me? you dumb dildo

You keep proving how hurt and damaged you feel.
Let it all out Debbie.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I just think people need to forget about TRIPLE DOUBLES

Harden's team wasn't even projected to make the playoffs, he is also averaging gaudy numbers while simultaneously making his teammates better.

Westbrook, as someone said before, doesn't even give his teammates a chance to get better lol A PG shooting the ball 40 times? And most of those early in the shotclock without one pass in the possession, please.

Also, like someone said before, him playing hero ball has won them some games, but on the flip side, it's lost them games as well.

They have a way better record when he gets a triple double than when he doesn't.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: you feel the need to tell us how tall you are...damn you're fragile.

Most people here already know, and lol @ using those gay ass emoji's.

You haven't talked about basketball in about 8 posts, while I've been simultaneously ripping apart your shitty analysis of "Westbrooks rebounds get the team more possessions"

lmfao, stick to box scores, and sucking dick.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people here already know, and lol @ using those gay ass emoji's.

You haven't talked about basketball in about 8 posts, while I've been simultaneously ripping apart your shitty analysis of "Westbrooks rebounds get the team more possessions"

lmfao, stick to box scores, and sucking dick.

I've owned you from the post you over-reacted Deb. make this a learning experience.
Now, I'm going to own the politics section for awhile.
It's easy for me to dominate you.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting percentage has to be weighed in context to his overall touches. He creates extra possessions with his rebounding and easy high percentage scoring with his passing. His value per possession is on a singular level. No other player has such value.

Scoring/shooting typically weighs the most when evaluating a player, and that hurts his case for having the best season in the modern era...he's certainly lags in that compared to other players, and I don't think his prowess in rebounds/assists makes up for that.

I mean, if he averaged 32 ppg, 9 rpg, 9 apg but shot 52% from the field as opposed to his current 42%, I'd think that many would say that the much higher fg% season was better despite not achieving a triple double.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Westbrook. For those saying his rebound totals are fabricated, he averaged 7.8 a game last year with Durant on the team. This means he was 2.2 rebounds a game from averaging a triple double last year. The guy can jump out of the gym.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad PER doesn't equal MVP.

It sometimes does but not in every case.

Derrick Rose won it in 10-11 and his PER was almost a full 4 points lower than Lebron.
Kobe won it in 07-08 and his PER was almost a full 5 points lower than Lebron.
Steve Nash won back-to-back MVP's being 14th and 18th in PER.

It also has to do a lot with the standings and Harden has boosted his team into the 3rd seed, way above projected, he also leads the league in assists.

A couple more reasons why PER does not prove what he wants it to:

1: it over rewards low percentage, volume shooters. Players get something like .8 for a made FG, but lose only .2 something for a miss. A player would have to shoot under 30% for FG impact to be negative.

2: it rewards player for rebounds. Like @TJL pointed out, Russ gets a ton of uncontested boards.

If players earned 0 points for uncontested rebounds and were penalized a bit more for FG misses (as they should be), Westbrook and Harden would not be 1 and 2. Durant and Leonard would be at the top.