• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller vs Robert Ayers

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with those who want to sign Von. This guy is a beast and a pivotal part of the D. Elway is going to have his hands full this season. Miller, Trevathon, Marshall, Ware...Not everyone is going to be back. And that sucks because this D is just amazing.

We've got some young studs waiting in the wings, though. Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett are going to be curse words in KC for a long time to come!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with those who want to sign Von. This guy is a beast and a pivotal part of the D. Elway is going to have his hands full this season. Miller, Trevathon, Marshall, Ware...Not everyone is going to be back. And that sucks because this D is just amazing.

We've got some young studs waiting in the wings, though. Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett are going to be curse words in KC for a long time to come!

I would say Houston and Mack will be curse words in Denver for a while though too. The AFC West is loaded with ridiculous pass rushers right now. I would say Houston, Mack, and Von Miller are the 3 best OLB/DE's in the NFL right now. All of them are just entering their prime so they are going to make life difficult for QB's for a long time.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Absolutely, CD. Though I feel the Broncos spotted Mack his banner day by refusing to help Schofield. Not to take away from Mack, but that didn't have to be a 5 sack day. A TE chipping Mack once in a while could have made a big difference.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was able to, I would sign/resign every starter and as many other D players possible and make the tough decisions on the O side of ball. DT,Sanders,rbs,tes and most linemen. That D has just got too much talent thru out to mess with. That's in a perfect world cause unless Elway is a master magician, were going to lose some quality guys on D next yr unfortunately.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Absolutely, CD. Though I feel the Broncos spotted Mack his banner day by refusing to help Schofield. Not to take away from Mack, but that didn't have to be a 5 sack day. A TE chipping Mack once in a while could have made a big difference.
Agree. Mack is an amazing talent and is just going to get better but Schofield and lack of Denver making him a priority concern as game went on contributed a lot to his " stellar " day. A player got his ass handed to him and no one tried to rectify it till Mack got 5. I think it's safe to say Schofield won't be wearing Blue and Orange next yr unless pom poms come with the uni.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was able to, I would sign/resign every starter and as many other D players possible and make the tough decisions on the O side of ball. DT,Sanders,rbs,tes and most linemen. That D has just got too much talent thru out to mess with. That's in a perfect world cause unless Elway is a master magician, were going to lose some quality guys on D next yr unfortunately.

I expect to top of the Bronco draft is going to be D talent.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ware is under contract

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've thought this same thing at times. It's not like we are due a decision on every piece of the offense. DT is locked in, for example. The key would be taking care of Oz. He's shown he can function behind this shoddy O-line and I'd like to believe with Clady and Sambraillo returning the line will improve next year anyway.

Agree. Mack is an amazing talent and is just going to get better but Schofield and lack of Denver making him a priority concern as game went on contributed a lot to his " stellar " day. A player got his ass handed to him and no one tried to rectify it till Mack got 5. I think it's safe to say Schofield won't be wearing Blue and Orange next yr unless pom poms come with the uni.

Kubiak is apparently really high on Schofield. He's had an awful season and on a weak part of the offense is the weakest link. Still, next season he'll have had a year of starts under his belt and is likely going to be a 2nd stringer. As backups go, having one who played a whole season in this system is likely going to be a good thing. I'm willing to see how he develops. In the mean time I'd like to see the coaches acknowledge he's a virtual matador over there on his side and is going to get Oz killed before we have a chance to sign him to a contract extension!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect to top of the Bronco draft is going to be D talent.
It really depends how Elway and Kubes feel about the guys on that O line and if they can fix some things via FA. If Denver has to give up some quality guys on the other side of ball then they certainly could go heavy D in draft as well.It's going to be interesting from here on out how things transpire for this team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware is under contract

He is, but I wonder if the Broncos may deem him expendable and work in the afore mentioned Ray/Barrett duo. I personally would rather Ware stick around. What's his cap number? I don't follow the business side of the league all that closely.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, but I wonder if the Broncos may deem him expendable and work in the afore mentioned Ray/Barrett duo. I personally would rather Ware stick around. What's his cap number? I don't follow the business side of the league all that closely.
DeMarcus Ware would be an $11.7 million cap hit if we kept him. Cutting him would save us $10 million on the cap. I'm torn on this one. I do question if he can stay healthy for an entire season yet at the same time I think his leadership for these young pass rushers has been invaluable to this team. I mean Barrett spent the entire off season asking Miller and Ware as many questions as possible and completely changed up his eating habits, exercise habits, and playing style. We are seeing huge payoff for that now. Shane Ray has said the same thing in both Ware and Miller have been huge in helping him develop as they both bring a little something different to the game. At the same time I would like to see Shane Ray as a full time starter and what he and Von can do with Barrett as a nice back up or Barrett as the starter if he earns it over Ray. I still think that is a top trio in the NFL that we won't see our sack numbers dip if Ware is not here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought this same thing at times. It's not like we are due a decision on every piece of the offense. DT is locked in, for example. The key would be taking care of Oz. He's shown he can function behind this shoddy O-line and I'd like to believe with Clady and Sambraillo returning the line will improve next year anyway.

Kubiak is apparently really high on Schofield. He's had an awful season and on a weak part of the offense is the weakest link. Still, next season he'll have had a year of starts under his belt and is likely going to be a 2nd stringer. As backups go, having one who played a whole season in this system is likely going to be a good thing. I'm willing to see how he develops. In the mean time I'd like to see the coaches acknowledge he's a virtual matador over there on his side and is going to get Oz killed before we have a chance to sign him to a contract extension!

I think they have been high on Schofield mostly because what other option do they have? Nobody is walking through that door this late in the season that will save our OL. They are stuck with Schofield the rest of the year and so trying to talk him up and trying to keep his confidence up seems like the best course of action right now.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus Ware would be an $11.7 million cap hit if we kept him. Cutting him would save us $10 million on the cap. I'm torn on this one. I do question if he can stay healthy for an entire season yet at the same time I think his leadership for these young pass rushers has been invaluable to this team. I mean Barrett spent the entire off season asking Miller and Ware as many questions as possible and completely changed up his eating habits, exercise habits, and playing style. We are seeing huge payoff for that now. Shane Ray has said the same thing in both Ware and Miller have been huge in helping him develop as they both bring a little something different to the game. At the same time I would like to see Shane Ray as a full time starter and what he and Von can do with Barrett as a nice back up or Barrett as the starter if he earns it over Ray. I still think that is a top trio in the NFL that we won't see our sack numbers dip if Ware is not here.
Beat me to it while I was at overthecap.com looking up the numbers. ;)

As sorry as I am to say this, I don't think we can afford to keep him next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have been high on Schofield mostly because what other option do they have? Nobody is walking through that door this late in the season that will save our OL. They are stuck with Schofield the rest of the year and so trying to talk him up and trying to keep his confidence up seems like the best course of action right now.
serious question - could Vazquez do any worse kicking out to RT and have Mathis and Garcia be the starting guards? I known it makes no sense to rearrange the deck going into the playoffs, but...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware is going to have to take a pay cut to be a Bronco next year

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the players I believe Ware earned his cash .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serious question - could Vazquez do any worse kicking out to RT and have Mathis and Garcia be the starting guards? I known it makes no sense to rearrange the deck going into the playoffs, but...

I talked with somebody about this the other day. I'm honestly surprised we haven't done it. I think they have wanted to keep continuity on the OL plus the fact that both Vasquez and Mathis have been banged up they don't want to destroy Schofield say they then have to bring him back him. I think they like that they can rotate on the inside and keep those guys semi-healthy. Now it wouldn't surprise me say we do get the bye week and Vasquez and Mathis both get back to close to 100% that maybe they do try that and just hope it works out. I would rather see it in a Regular season game but Vasquez is a pro and I think he could handle it. I mean really at this point he couldn't do worse than Schofield has.

I think it was over on the PFF website where the past 2 DE's that have gone up against Schofield have had career days and they have bragged about them up and down. My thought is look who they went against. When every week a guy has a career day against Schofield that should show that those numbers are a bit skewed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware is going to have to take a pay cut to be a Bronco next year

It honestly would not surprise me if he did. I doubt he wants to go start over with a new franchise. I think he likes where he is and likes the set up. I think he also understands the team wants to keep these young franchise guys so if he wants to stick he is going to have to help out money wise. Definitely going to be an interesting off season to see where this team is.