• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller ticketed for driving with a revoked license

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morph,

I don't think anyone is looking at dumping this guy or outright not giving him an extension but his talent is meaningless if he cannot step foot on the field. He is just making too many dumb mistakes and really needs to get his shit together.

Agreed its useless talent if its not on the field and should management trust giving this fool a long term contract? He needs to get his shit together now for that to happen.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The insinuation that he will be suspended over a ticket is pure speculation. If Goodell did not add on to the suspension for getting arrested, it's highly unlikely the league will punish him for a traffic ticket. It would be unprecedented for the league to start handing out punishment for citations.

He did not get arrested. He got a ticket.

It's just the timing of it. Sure it looks bad.

Does he need to get his act together? Yes.

Everyone should just wait until after the 6 game suspension is over and he gets back on the field. See if he stays out of trouble. I am sure the Broncos will put him on a short leash after this latest incident. The problem seems to be that he has his parents handling his personal business instead of his agent or an assistant. Someone needs to step in and make sure he gets the details looked after. Goes to court, pays hid fines, gets his license reinstated, drive him around, etc.

I would worry more about him completing the drug testing program and probationary period. He screws that up again and he is gone for a full year.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed its useless talent if its not on the field and should management trust giving this fool a long term contract? He needs to get his shit together now for that to happen.

It's simple.

He is a talented enough player to get a contract extension, period.

If he screws up and fails another piss test, he is suspended for a year anyway and the Broncos will probably release him.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think a traffic citation is grounds for an additional suspension, but with Roger's Iron Fist I wouldn't be surprised if he tried. Von seems to be a pretty crappy driver, maybe he should just hire one and buy a damn iPhone with Siri to remind him of all his damn court dates.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think a traffic citation is grounds for an additional suspension, but with Roger's Iron Fist I wouldn't be surprised if he tried. Von seems to be a pretty crappy driver, maybe he should just hire one and buy a damn iPhone with Siri to remind him of all his damn court dates.

Broncos or his agent should step in and assign someone to babysit the fool.

I'll do it for, oh, 80K a year?

:lol:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Statement to me from Von Miller's attorney Mark Schamel: "Von Miller is a wonderful young man who was stopped 18 months ago for speeding on a highway. He was ticketed for driving 10 miles per hour over the posted speed limit. There is nothing more to it than that. The speeding ticket is a simple infraction for which arrest is not authorized. This is not a criminal case and we have confirmed that there is no warrant for his arrest. This is much ado about nothing and it should be cleared up tomorrow morning."

Well there you go

On that note, I think they should investigate into whoever put out the false information. It's pretty ridiculous at this point. Just further trying to drag his name through the mud

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit though, recent events cast doubt on any story coming out of the Miller camp. It was also stated that he would likely be exonerated from a looming 4 game suspension, but instead he ended up negotiating down to a 6 game one after a clear rule violation of the abuse policy. And while unproven, I have personal doubts that the guy was clean when he gave his urine sample..... The story just seems way too familiar.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say they know better than any of these media hacks

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media has no credibility these days

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question about the media should be: what exactly constitutes a credible source these days?

About 6 years ago, I woke up on a Saturday morning....got a cup of coffee, sat in front of the computer and wrote a Syracuse hoops season preview in about 15 minutes.

It ended up "published" on Bleacher Report.

lol

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part of the story that ought to bother everyone here (Broncos fans) is the fact that he is in the position he is, and he still drove like an asshole with a suspended license.

Lets for for just a second you understand that he drove his car with out a license. OK. What sort of COMMON SENSE is it to obey all of the traffic laws IF you are fully aware that you are indeed driving with a suspended license?

Think about what I am saying. All of that is to say nothing that he is on "double secret probation" right now. He is about to lose 1.4 million dollars (what ever it is). He is a two time offender of drug policy, and he has been busted for reckless driving before.

With all of those factors, he was speeding dangerously with out a valid license?

I do not know about you, but that bothers the shit out of me. The utter lack of common sense, awareness, or what ever adjective you want to use is alarming. I have to say that right now I am pretty much counting on him fucking up badly again.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morph,

No one is saying cut ties now or do not consider a contract extension. Stop overreacting, as you put it. As for Miller and his decision making process; for me these traffic incidents are proof he struggles making a good decision and while traffic tickets are not that big I question his decision-making abilities the next time he is at a party and they are passing the blunts around.

This could work in the broncos favor if he does get his crap together because we have the bargaining chip in negotiations but as it has been stated no matter what his contract is it will be too much if his dumbass is suspended for a year.

Life is not that hard, especially for someone that has already made a few million. These traffic issues can be easily avoided which makes me worry about Von's decisions.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos or his agent should step in and assign someone to babysit the fool.

I'll do it for, oh, 80K a year?

:lol:

LOL, I'll do it for 75K as long as I can babysit on the sidelines during games !

Go Broncos!
:suds:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not suprising Fox and crew would be pissed. I mean, how much shit does Von think they're gonna put up with?

As good a football player as he is.......it's about the TEAM first. This dude needs to get his head out of his ass and get his priorities straight.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morph,

No one is saying cut ties now or do not consider a contract extension. Stop overreacting, as you put it. As for Miller and his decision making process; for me these traffic incidents are proof he struggles making a good decision and while traffic tickets are not that big I question his decision-making abilities the next time he is at a party and they are passing the blunts around.

This could work in the broncos favor if he does get his crap together because we have the bargaining chip in negotiations but as it has been stated no matter what his contract is it will be too much if his dumbass is suspended for a year.

Life is not that hard, especially for someone that has already made a few million. These traffic issues can be easily avoided which makes me worry about Von's decisions.

I was being sarcastic, a subtlety lost on message board forums. I was making fun of the few calls on here and on FB and other forums where people want to cut him or not extend him next year.

Yes, it could work in the Broncos favor. The next contract offer could have some conditions that he stay out of trouble in order to collect any bonuses. But they will not try to low-ball him on the going salary for one of the premier pass rushers in the NFL, or they will lose him to another team with a better offer. Let's not be naive about that.

In the new NFL, bad behavior will get you in trouble with the league, but we are talking about criminal and immoral activity. Doing drugs, getting DUI's, beating your wife/GF, getting into altercations at the club, these are the kinds of behaviors the NFL is cracking down on.

So far as I know, the NFL has yet to suspend or fine anyone for getting a traffic ticket, or FTA and gets arrested or where a warrant has been issued.

The warrants are still a misdemeanor and the traffic citations are not criminal offenses. The way some people are reacting, you would think the guy is PacMan Jones.

Remember, the only thing he has done this year is miss a court date on 12/31/2012 that resulted in an arrest warrant being issued and executed, and got a ticket for speeding and driving under suspension which he was cited for and sent on his way, NOT ARRESTED. His Lawyer is already clearing all these things up

These are minor offenses. People are acting like he went on a crime spree.

His positive drug test was in his rookie year, 2011, and his diluted sample and "accidentally" dropped sample were in 2012.

This latest speeding ticket, which may or not have resulted in a warrant, (there are conflicting reports on that) was in 2012.

All of it being reported the last few weeks gives a perception that the guy is constantly in trouble, but the reality is, he made a few mistakes, (smoked pot, got a few tickets, got his license suspended) he needs to grow up and accept responsibility and take care of his personal affairs better.

His suspension is for violating the league's substance abuse policy and not fully complying with the rules of the program.

Getting his license suspended and getting a speeding ticket and a FTA should not going to get him suspended again. As far as I know, the NFL has not suspended any player for traffic tickets and FTA's.

If they did there would be a whole lot of players suspended. It would seem heavy handed and the NFLPA would be raising a stink about it.