• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vogelsong Signed

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I REALLY wish that your logic was the reason that Sabean signed Vogelsong to the contract extension. I wish beyond words that I could believe that Sabean actually used advanced metrics when he agreed to this deal.

Maybe he was using advance Zitometrics (compares Zito's contract and performance to all other contracts and performances) -

If Zito had a similar contract, given his pitching performance would anyone care (or care as much) about the dollar amount ($4 mil per year)?

If Vogelsong pitches as poorly as Zito has, would he be considered an acceptable 5th starter in terms of pitching record and contract?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was using advance Zitometrics (compares Zito's contract and performance to all other contracts and performances) -

If Zito had a similar contract, given his pitching performance would anyone care (or care as much) about the dollar amount ($4 mil per year)?

If Vogelsong pitches as poorly as Zito has, would he be considered an acceptable 5th starter in terms of pitching record and contract?

Vogelsong rolls the ball faster than Zeets can throw it. No way he pitches as poorly as Zeets. Uh-oh, jinx alert!

:behindsofa:

Last edited by a moderator:

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vogelsong rolls the ball faster than Zeets can throw it. No way he pitches as poorly as Zeets. Uh-oh, jinx alert!

:behindsofa:

Wouldn't it be crazy if Zito actually turned in a year worth a year of his contract? I realize that it's a pipe dream...but still...

What a rotation if Zito could turn in an ERA around 3.25 or so....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be crazy if Zito actually turned in a year worth a year of his contract? I realize that it's a pipe dream...but still...

Zito would have to pitch BETTER than '09 Timmeh in order to get even 1 years worth of contract of him.

Not gunna happen.

Of course, it is a near lock that he rebounds this year and wins AT LEAST 15. And no way Panda bounces back. He has already eaten his way out of the league.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito would have to pitch BETTER than '09 Timmeh in order to get even 1 years worth of contract of him.

Not gunna happen.

Of course, it is a near lock that he rebounds this year and wins AT LEAST 15. And no way Panda bounces back. He has already eaten his way out of the league.

Yeah, good teams just don't come back from that sort of thing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is, he doesn't have to. He's the 5th starter. 4.00 and 6 IP per game makes him the best 5th starter in baseball. And he's capable...he started both 2010 and 2011 pretty solid, then for some reason the wheels fell off.

If we get 4.25 and 6 IP per from him he's not hurting us (except the $, but that's :deadhorse: )

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this deal. Vogs wants to stay. The Giants want him to stay. The Giants hedge their bet with the buyout. The guaranteed money poses as goodwill for Vogs, and other Giant FA in the future that the organization will take care of those that produce. This deal is a good one. So far this off-season, the extension of Panda, the extension of Vogs, the extension of Timmeh shows me that Sabes, at least temporarily, has had his head out of his ass long enough to make good, shrewd, smart fiscal decisions involving the players on our roster that are producing. I would even look to see if MadBum would be willing to sign a long term extension like Cainers did a few years back that long-term would be cost-beneficial to the team, something like 5 yr/25 mil...buying up his arb years and extending him two years with escalating numbers...for a 21 yr old lefty with post season experience and an unshakable demeanor while posting crazy good numbers, I think that would be an unbelievable deal. Look at Moore from TB. He pitched in the bigs about as long as it takes me to drink a cup of coffee and he got a very team friendly (assuming he plays to his capability) long term deal. I would like to see something similar to that.