• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vogelbach to break camp with Mariners - congrats to Danny !

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they will resign cruz..and keep vogelbach stacked at tacoma..at least until he will be out of options..then they will have to make a decision ..but i do not think they will unless they have to...cuz depoto is all about depth

that said...i think the reason they do not trade for a SP or sign one is they cant trade hernandez..with ten years in
and two to go(that includes this one)

They can't trade Felix, but that shouldn't stop them from getting a real #2 SP...but they won't.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voge knocks a 3run bomb against the Rockies. His 7th @ ST. If Scotty doesn't play him while he's hot, I guess I won't be surprised. Servais will probably just sit there with that constipated look on his face. Like my Dad used to say: "shit or get off the pot". Servais should try that sometime. :heh:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voge knocks a 3run bomb against the Rockies. His 7th @ ST. If Scotty doesn't play him while he's hot, I guess I won't be surprised. Servais will probably just sit there with that constipated look on his face. Like my Dad used to say: "shit or get off the pot". Servais should try that sometime. :heh:

Mariners don't like rewarding high performance.

He honestly could not have had a better Spring Training. He had a god damn .926 slugging percentage. That is not a typo.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners don't like rewarding high performance.

He honestly could not have had a better Spring Training. He had a god damn .926 slugging percentage. That is not a typo.
Wow, slugging .926!!! Is that a record for M's ST?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing myself. I'd imagine it has to be. I had to double and triple check I was reading that right.
I searched around some stats and could not find ST slugging stats over the seasons. I think in another thread we talked about opening day not being Oakland this year and out of division starts on opening day. Turns out, this is the 4th time since 2000 that we'll start the season with an out of division team, so I guess it doesn't happen often but is kind of unusual.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I searched around some stats and could not find ST slugging stats over the seasons. I think in another thread we talked about opening day not being Oakland this year and out of division starts on opening day. Turns out, this is the 4th time since 2000 that we'll start the season with an out of division team, so I guess it doesn't happen often but is kind of unusual.

That data is hard to find. Spring training stats aren't very well documented. Have to assume this is one of the best seasons a Mariners hitter has ever had in Spring Training.

@blstoker any chance you could do some digging and find out if this is a new Mariner spring training record? If anyone is the man for the job, it would be you.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That data is hard to find. Spring training stats aren't very well documented. Have to assume this is one of the best seasons a Mariners hitter has ever had in Spring Training.

@blstoker any chance you could do some digging and find out if this is a new Mariner spring training record? If anyone is the man for the job, it would be you.

All previous years spring training stats are readily viewable on mlb.com

click on stats on the tool bar - select spring training and then select teams and then select Mariners

You can cycle year to year at the far left of the tool bar

Once you have 1 year loaded for the Mariners easy to cycle year to year at the far left of the tool bar

You will find some very high OPS and SLG on random players due to very few at bats and getting a few doubles or 2 HR and a double in 5 at bats

Where Danny had around 50+ at bats ST 2018

1 DeCarlo, J SEA C 7 6 1 4 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 .667 .625 .667 1.292

had a higher avg this season due to limited at bats - of course SLG and OPS were lower