• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Virginia Tech @ Ohio St

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think Marshall is better than Okie St., LSU, Arizona St etc......

If so, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If we're all the sudden doing hypotheticals Marshall would have the same record with Okie State's schedule that they currently have.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's their best win?

I guess you're one of those people that was alright with the Bama/LSU rematch?

Whats Marshal's best win?

The Bama LSU rematch doesn't even compare at all in this argument?.

LOL, you are horrible at this.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're all the sudden doing hypotheticals Marshall would have the same record with Okie State's schedule that they currently have.

Good job dodging the question.

I expect nothing less.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats Marshal's best win?

The Bama LSU rematch doesn't even compare at all in this argument?.

LOL, you are horrible at this.

Akron, which is better than any team Okie State has beaten, am I correct?

And yes it does, you're worried about who's loss is better. Marshall has the better wins to date.

How is that scenario any different than the Bama/Okie State comparison of 2011? Bama had a better loss, Okie State had better wins. I'm guessing you thought Okie State should have gone/been ranked higher?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yes it does, you're worried about who's loss is better. Marshall has the better wins to date.

How is that scenario any different than the Bama/Okie State comparison of 2011? Bama had a better loss, Okie State had better wins. I'm guessing you thought Okie State should have gone/been ranked higher?

Akron better than Iowa St and Texas Tech??????

:lol:

You just keep getting worse.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job dodging the question.

I expect nothing less.

LOL, you brought up a hypothetical scenario, so what i did was no different. Who do I think is better? If that game were played at Okie State, I'd give Okie State the edge, if it were played at Marshall, I'd give them the edge. If they played on a neutral field it would be a toss up game IMO. I don't know who'd win? They are very similar.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron better than Iowa St??????

You just keep getting worse.

LOL, and I knew you'd laugh at that. Iowa State fucking sucks. But they are in the Big 12 so they must be better. Look at the actual results of both teams, you'd be surprised. Which I'm sure is something you haven't done.

And I noticed you threw in Texas Tech. Please look at their results. They aren't good THIS year.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you brought up a hypothetical scenario, so what i did was no different. Who do I think is better? If that game were played at Okie State, I'd give Okie State the edge, if it were played at Marshall, I'd give them the edge. If they played on a neutral field it would be a toss up game IMO. I don't know who'd win? They are very similar.

No one would agree with you.

Just so you know.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, and I knew you'd laugh at that. Iowa State fucking sucks. But they are in the Big 12 so they must be better. Look at the actual results of both teams, you'd be surprised. Which I'm sure is something you haven't done.

And I noticed you threw in Texas Tech. Please look at their results. They aren't good THIS year.

I know they aren't good but they have played decent teams unlike Marshall.

So basically this comes down to you believing that SOS matters until it doesn't fit your argument.

Got it.

Well, the bottom line is that computer polls by themselves are worthless.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because you know the opinions of every body who covers college football.

Some things are just obvious.

Regardless. Your computers carry no weight and tOSU is still considered a Dark Horse.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they aren't good but they have played decent teams unlike Marshall.

So basically this comes down to you believing that SOS matters until it doesn't fit your argument.

Got it.

Well, the bottom line is that computer polls by themselves are worthless.

Yes, ISU and TT have played good teams, and lost, so has SMU, bottom line is all 3 of those teams aren't any good.

And you just said ISU and TT aren't good, but you're going to bring them up when mentioning Okie State has wins over them and claiming them to be anything of substance?

Okay?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am still dying laughing at you trying to Argue Akron is a better win. :lol::lol:

What would happen if Marshal played FSU? How would the rankings look then ?

I love how you keep destroying your own theory.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, ISU and TT have played good teams, and lost, so has SMU, bottom line is all 3 of those teams aren't any good.

And you just said ISU and TT aren't good, but you're going to bring them up when mentioning Okie State has wins over them and claiming them to be anything of substance?

Okay?

Yes because those that follow the sport and have knowledge about it realize they are better teams than who Marshall beat.

Look at recruiting or any other tangible factor. Can upsets happen? sure but you can't rank based on potential upsets.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still dying laughing at you trying to Argue Akron is a better win. :lol::lol:

What would happen if Marshal played FSU? How would the rankings look then ?

I love how you keep destroying your own theory.

Laugh away, I guess beating UTEP and Central Arkansas is good?

Marshall would probably lose, just like Okie State did. They would both be 4-1 then, and still have similar resumes. Much like they do now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because those that follow the sport and have knowledge about it realize they are better teams than who Marshall beat.

Look at recruiting or any other tangible factor. Can upsets happen? sure but you can't rank based on potential upsets.

FWIW Akron did beat Pittsburgh this year, not a great win, but better than anything Tech has done this year. ISU beat Iowa. That's an okay win, nothing special. Probably slightly better than what Akron did though.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW Akron did beat Pittsburgh this year, not a great win, but better than anything Tech has done this year. ISU beat Iowa. That's an okay win, nothing special. Probably slightly better than what Akron did though.

So you pay no attention to talent on the field or recruiting? Just like computers.

Thanks for continuing to destroy your own argument.

Last edited by a moderator: