• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like VTFF and I said earlier.... you don't need to go the "pre law" major route to become a lawyer. Most law schools don't care what you major in as long as you have a good GPA and LSAT score. He is no more likely to get into a good law school from graduating from UVA with a pre law degree as opposed to VT with an engineering degree.

About Virginia Law

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's that got to do with anything? Doesn't he have to get an undergraduate degree before he gets accepted into a law program? All I'm trying to say is that I don't think a school with a good pre law program should be that big of a selling point no matter where he plans to go. He could go to any school he wanted, major in anything he wanted, and as long as his grades and LSAT score are high enough, he could get into almost any law school in the country. Including UVA's law school if that is what he prefers.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that got to do with anything? Doesn't he have to get an undergraduate degree before he gets accepted into a law program? All I'm trying to say is that I don't think a school with a good pre law program should be that big of a selling point no matter where he plans to go. He could go to any school he wanted, major in anything he wanted, and as long as his grades and LSAT score are high enough, he could get into almost any law school in the country. Including UVA's law school if that is what he prefers.

My point was that being that UVa already has a Law school, I'm sure someone would have a better chance getting in if they were already enrolled at UVa, as to being enrolled at another school.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My point was that being that UVa already has a Law school, I'm sure someone would have a better chance getting in if they were already enrolled at UVa, as to being enrolled at another school.

What I'm going to say does not pertain to law school, but being at a school for undergraduate doesn't mean it's easier to get into the graduate program. I know people who didnt' get into a graduate program at JMU, even though they were in the undergraduate program because JMU wanted to bring in candidate outside the program so they would take three years as opposed to the two years for those already meeting criteria. This was in 2011 and none of the undergraduate students in this particular program were admitted into the graduate program.

As far as what you're talking about, it's different than what others are saying. Going to UVA may help get into the law school program, but there's no real "pre-law" major to follow that says you have to go to UVA. Only guidelines as to courses that need to be met before being accepted into the graduate program. You can do that in any major. My roommate was trying to be a doctor (which did not happened) but was a Communications major, taking alot of chemistry classes to fulfill graduate requirements to med school.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA doesn't even have "Pre-Law" as a major...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
anytime jeffro wants to reply to any post in the recruiting threads he should just C&P them here, then respond. This is where its going anyway.

We really need to recruit a few whoVers for him to chat with.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to recruit a few whoVers for him to chat with.

321730900_kEezF-L.jpg

(actual picture from Google Club 216)

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not go to UVA, and thus am not going to claim that I am positive about this, but this UVA website says that the label prelaw merely means that the student plans on eventually attending law school. If anything, the author of this page mocks the notion of prelaw.

PreLaw Advising: FAQ

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it is like pre-med. You are a bio or chem major but take a course load designed to prepare you for the entrance exams. I think it is a "concentration" option but it is nothing official and doesn't show up on your transcripts and degree.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an exerpt from VT explaining it.

Law students and lawyers come from many undergraduate backgrounds, and the skills necessary to succeed in law school and as an attorney can be developed in a variety of courses across a range of disciplines. As a result, law schools do not treat any specific course or major as a prerequisite for admission. It is not a disadvantage to have majored in engineering, the physical or biological sciences, or the humanities; and it is not an advantage to double major or to accumulate minors in various fields. Similarly, law schools do not look with special favor on applicants who have graduated from a formal "pre-law" program. Accordingly, Virginia Tech does not offer a formal pre-law major. The University does offer quality education in a large number of fields, as well as counseling about law as a career, preparing for law school, and the law school admission process. Because no single major is best suited for studying law, and because law schools accept applicants with a wide variety of undergraduate majors, students thinking about going to law school should take advantage of this freedom and choose a major that interests them.

Overview of Pre-Law at Virginia Tech

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother in law did aerospace engineering undergrad at VT and now has his own law firm. Doesnt really matter what you major in.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for Evan:

That was pretty shitty how you called Tim Harris out on twitter like you did. You shouldn't be surprised that UVa fans are upset. VT fans like yourself would be just as upset if the shoe was on the other foot.

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
forty six you the only one on here that knows what he talking about. I respect that, but your boy evan attacking a kid on twitter for picking UVa over Tech is just pathetic

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for Evan:

That was pretty shitty how you called Tim Harris out on twitter like you did. You shouldn't be surprised that UVa fans are upset. VT fans like yourself would be just as upset if the shoe was on the other foot.

All 3 of them are really pissed. :flame:

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Evan gonna hide behind his new "mod" title now so it don't even matter. the bitch scared