• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1.

Top it off with an order of their shrimp & grits for the morning after.

You are the man Fetti! I love shrimp and grits. Although my girl is a Yankee and doesn't understand the pleasures of southern cuisine. Doesn't understand that green beans MUST be slow cooked with a ham hock too.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the man Fetti! I love shrimp and grits. Although my girl is a Yankee and doesn't understand the pleasures of southern cuisine. Doesn't understand that green beans MUST be slow cooked with a ham hock too.

tell me she's at least down with some biscuits and gravy

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTFF is exactly right .. Thank your arch-nemesis for your trip to hotlanta.

...the next weak ass rebuttal

a 38-0 beat-down
... at home
... with a berth to the ACCCG on the line
... from the in-state rival

Coach London has definitely brought the Hoos a long way

Can we UVa fans thank our arch-nemesis for losing in ATL then?

Being that the result of the rivalry game had no effect what-so-ever on this year's recruiting, it's not that big of a deal.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me she's at least down with some biscuits and gravy

No sir. Nor collards or bbq. Loves hush puppies though. Richmond is about as far north as I ever want to live because of the shitty food above the Mason Dixon line.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that the result of the rivalry game had no effect what-so-ever on this year's recruiting, it's not that big of a deal.

The new car smell of Loundon's recruiting will wear off when UVA is losing their 9th and 10th straight to Tech. The 'be part of something new' only works so long when the results are the same....or even worse.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir. Nor collards or bbq. Loves hush puppies though. Richmond is about as far north as I ever want to live because of the shitty food above the Mason Dixon line.

i cant really say to much, my gf is a vegetarian.....in the immortal words of Deadeye Dick...she dont eat meat...but she sure like the bone! :peace:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can explain to me why someone would be a vegetarian then. I mean damn, the whole meat is murder argument is a wash. When you rip a carrot out of the ground you kill that. What just because it doesn't squeal or moo? Everything you eat at one time was living. It just doesn't make sense to me.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Chris Rock once said, "If you are one of the people on this earth lucky enough to get the chance to eat a steak, bite the shit out of it!"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can explain to me why someone would be a vegetarian then. I mean damn, the whole meat is murder argument is a wash. When you rip a carrot out of the ground you kill that. What just because it doesn't squeal or moo? Everything you eat at one time was living. It just doesn't make sense to me.

she started being a vegetarian when she was like 19 i think, well before i met her...i dont think it was so much the "meat is murder" argument, but she had read a lot about the whole process and (i've read some of it to for a class i had at VT...cant remember what class now)...a lot of those producers have some VERY inhumane ways of killing the animals, i think that was what did it for her

my pops is a personal trainer and nutrition freak....so he always passes on to me books and articles that he is reading...and the more i read, the more it looks like it is actually healthier to be a vegetarian....but the evidence is not so overwhelming that ill be giving up meat any time soon, lol

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new car smell of Loundon's recruiting will wear off when UVA is losing their 9th and 10th straight to Tech. The 'be part of something new' only works so long when the results are the same....or even worse.

Oh I agree 100%, but London gets a pass til 2013, IMO, until he gets all of HIS players in the system. Only then will it be expected of him to compete with VT.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

As if I wasn't getting hungry enough already.... hush puppies??? I can dig it.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnifield is all mouth. He basically took a big dump at the combine. Only had 7 reps (?!) on the bench press, lowest of any DB. Also did not participate in 40, vertical or any on field dreams. Too bad there wasn't a cheap shot category.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh I agree 100%, but London gets a pass til 2013, IMO, until he gets all of HIS players in the system. Only then will it be expected of him to compete with VT.

With your Hoo logic, then coach Cee-lo can take no credit for Richmond's championship. They were't his players were they?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hilarious. 247 & Rivals both have quotes from Osterloh saying that his recruitment is very close, and no school is a clear cut lead. I guess Osterloh would tell his "neighbor" the truth, but would lie to the scouting services.

Wow. Seriously?? How old are you, really?

Why do you think boards highly value insider info as a counter-balance to the PUBLIC comments recruits make to recruiting services and media outlets? Some of these kids are playing a game and laugh their butts off with every new version they give out to the recruiting services.

Are you going to actually try to tell us that recruits have never lied to any of the recruiting services since the beginning of Rivals in 2001? Do you mean to tell us they have all told the truth about their favorite teams, the offers they've actually gotten, and the teams with whom they intend to sign an LOI?

I'd ask you to think carefully before you post such naive steaming bat guano, but in your case, I don't think that's even remotely possible.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osterloh.jpg

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Seriously?? How old are you, really?

Why do you think boards highly value insider info as a counter-balance to the PUBLIC comments recruits make to recruiting services and media outlets? Some of these kids are playing a game and laugh their butts off with every new version they give out to the recruiting services.

Are you going to actually try to tell us that recruits have never lied to any of the recruiting services since the beginning of Rivals in 2001? Do you mean to tell us they have all told the truth about their favorite teams, the offers they've actually gotten, and the teams with whom they intend to sign an LOI?

I'd ask you to think carefully before you post such naive steaming bat guano, but in your case, I don't think that's even remotely possible.

Yes, some recruits do play games with schools and lead them on, but they are usually big time recruits. Osterloh has offers from JMU, VT and UVa. I wouldn't call him a huge recruit. From Osterloh's comments, he is genuinely looking for the best place for him to not only play football, but to also get a quality education that will set up a great life for him after football. You never hear those words come from big time recruits.

You sure do like to throw the personal attacks at me. What gives? Is it because Im a UVa fan?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, some recruits do play games with schools and lead them on, but they are usually big time recruits. Osterloh has offers from JMU, VT and UVa. I wouldn't call him a huge recruit. From Osterloh's comments, he is genuinely looking for the best place for him to not only play football, but to also get a quality education that will set up a great life for him after football. You never hear those words come from big time recruits.

You sure do like to throw the personal attacks at me. What gives? Is it because Im a UVa fan?

You took that as a personal attack? Really?? You'll know if I get personal, believe me.

Stop whining and grow some thicker skin. Either that or go play on the whine and cheese board.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took that as a personal attack? Really?? You'll know if I get personal, believe me.

Stop whining and grow some thicker skin. Either that or go play on the whine and cheese board.

Ahh, gotta love the wine & cheese stereotype.

You are the one whining because you do not agree with what I brought to the board about Osterloh.

It's funny, you got upset with me a while back in another thread because I was using curse words, yet you have no problem hurling out personal attacks. I mean, it doesn't bother me, I just think it's a bit hypocritical for you to criticize someone for their language, and then you go and insult someone.