• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what this whole thing comes down to is that if you uva people dont want to hear what some of us have to say, or you dont appreciate some of the things some of us may have done, then GET OFF THIS BOARD. This is the Virginia Tech site. go elsewhere if you dont like what we do. you are a joke at football, and honestly may never beat us again. im sure that sucks. i get why you would have to resort to whining and complaining about petty things, and thats okay. we dont want to keep you from that. just do it somewhere else.

Nah, I don't agree with this. Aside from info gathering, like the recruiting threads, I would much rather have people with differing views in the discussion threads. It's pointless to spend your time reading only things with which you agree. A lot of time I wish there were more hoos on the board to get riled up with, and it would be an excuse to post more Mike London memes.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen #UVA beat #VT? Its ok most of the USA hasnt either its been a while. Dont expect it to change RT @CRZYtharris3: Uva

@CRZYtharris3 not at all you gotta do you. Have fun at home over the bowl season with a new coach by the time your a junior.

@CRZYtharris3 Na man I'm good the record speaks for itself. I hope #UVA scores this year to keep it interesting

@CRZYtharris3 if you only knew... do you though. Real talk congrats.

Which one was so out of line.... :L

Missed all this. Hilarious. I don't see what the big fuss is (I assume these are the tweets in question??). I am sure if you look at some SEC recruits twitter pages after they commit..its probably a WHOLE LOT worse (from opposing SEC teams, and especially archrival's fans). Like borderline "go to jail" threatening kinda shit. As someone else said earlier, when you are a big time recruit committing to a big time school people (like us) are going to take notice, and some might heckle and talk a little bit of trash. These guys better have pretty thick skin to be in the business they are in...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed all this. Hilarious. I don't see what the big fuss is (I assume these are the tweets in question??). I am sure if you look at some SEC recruits twitter pages after they commit..its probably a WHOLE LOT worse (from opposing SEC teams, and especially archrival's fans). Like borderline "go to jail" threatening kinda shit. As someone else said earlier, when you are a big time recruit committing to UVA for some strange reason (like us) are going to take notice, and some might heckle and talk a little bit of trash. These guys better have pretty thick skin to be in the business they are in...

fify, ;)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a VT fan post this on Wahoos247 board. Who is he talking about?

"From the looks of it was just 2 guys one of which(who most VT fans disown) is always starting crap like this and if I recall he was banned from Rivals."

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see EvanGWatkins fell on his Twitter sword in regards to Tim Harris.

I've reread his comments to Harris at least three times and I'm still trying to figure out why he's apologizing.

But, I will say this little dust-up is why I don't follow any recruits or current players on Twitter. What you don't read can't affect you, and you're not tempted to respond to any of their comments.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see EvanGWatkins fell on his Twitter sword in regards to Tim Harris.

I've reread his comments to Harris at least three times and I'm still trying to figure out why he's apologizing.

But, I will say this little dust-up is why I don't follow any recruits or current players on Twitter. What you don't read can't affect you, and you're not tempted to respond to any of their comments.

It was a joke that got misinterpreted and taken to far. It was cool that Evan apologized.

For the life of me, i do not understand the Hokie on Hokie antagonism everywhere. People always have to get their two cents in, I guess. Going after jermadams was dumb, and uncalled for, IMO, btw.....

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Had a VT fan post this on Wahoos247 board. Who is he talking about?

"From the looks of it was just 2 guys one of which(who most VT fans disown) is always starting crap like this and if I recall he was banned from Rivals."

LOL!! How many Tech fans have been banned by HokieHaven/Rivals??

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was a joke that got misinterpreted and taken to far. It was cool that Evan apologized.

For the life of me, i do not understand the Hokie on Hokie antagonism everywhere. People always have to get their two cents in, I guess. Going after jermadams was dumb, and uncalled for, IMO, btw.....

If you have a problem with my comments, let's take it offline...PM me.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a problem with my comments, let's take it offline...PM me.

Everyone does. I get complaints about one person on this board, who seems to be at the center of every damn argument and I am getting sick of it. Let's NOT take it offline. Let's all chill the fuck out and quit infighting. I don't get paid to run this place and settle differences offline or online. Jerm made a point, which was valid. You felt the need to make a point back, which you did. After that it blew up, which it never should have.

Everyone needs an ounce of perspective here.......:doh:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone does. I get complaints about one person on this board, who seems to be at the center of every damn argument and I am getting sick of it. Let's NOT take it offline. Let's all chill the fuck out and quit infighting. I don't get paid to run this place and settle differences offline or online. Jerm made a point, which was valid. You felt the need to make a point back, which you did. After that it blew up, which it never should have.

Everyone needs an ounce of perspective here.......:doh:

Okay...you've made your point and you chose to air it out publicly in what appears to be an obvious attempt to embarrass me. You'll have to try much harder than that, if that was indeed your intent.

Just to be very clear, I haven't started or been in the middle of the last several on-board altercations until this last dust-up with EvanGWatkins, Tim Harris, jermadams, and BossSarge. I've even posted a couple of comments noting that I wasn't involved in those arguments.

I jumped in late on this last bit of nonsense on this board, and to be perfectly honest I shouldn't have jumped in at all. My fault...my apologies to all concerned.

One last point...the issue between jermadams and myself is just that...it is between the two of us on Twitter, and does NOT involve you or SportsHoopla. Enough said.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay...you've made your point and you chose to air it out publicly in what appears to be an obvious attempt to embarrass me. You'll have to try much harder than that, if that was indeed your intent.

Just to be very clear, I haven't started or been in the middle of the last several on-board altercations until this last dust-up with EvanGWatkins, Tim Harris, jermadams, and BossSarge. I've even posted a couple of comments noting that I wasn't involved in those arguments.

I jumped in late on this last bit of nonsense on this board, and to be perfectly honest I shouldn't have jumped in at all. My fault...my apologies to all concerned.

One last point...the issue between jermadams and myself is just that...it is between the two of us on Twitter, and does NOT involve you or SportsHoopla. Enough said.
There is no more dust up from last night. Its dead.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to embarrass anyone. I have gotten very few complaints on here and all of them have been as a result of you rubbing people the wrong way. I am getting sick of it. This is a fun hobby thing, not a job. In my job, I am paid to recognize patterns. I SEE ONE HERE!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lfqpdnjSwI1qd8dch.gif

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not trying to embarrass anyone. I have gotten very few complaints on here and all of them have been as a result of you rubbing people the wrong way. I am getting sick of it. This is a fun hobby thing, not a job. In my job, I am paid to recognize patterns. I SEE ONE HERE!

I'm beginning to see a pattern, too. I was paid for more than 5 years in the military and more than 25 years in the private sector to recognize good and bad patterns among administrative and management personnel.

As you've stated, you're not paid to be this board's admin, nor do you have the time to manage it effectively. I really do understand that.

Just curious, but why do you think you continue to have flare-ups on this board, very few of which have involved me? Could it be because you're inconsistent in how you enforce the board's rules? Could it be because you let some comments go while telling others they need to "chill out"? Could it also be possible that you allow posters from other programs to take constant shots at Tech and Tech's various athletic programs, something some of us find REALLY irritating?

Or is it just possible that you're dealing with some work issues lately that have pissed you off and this recent dust-up caught you at the wrong time and you feel the need to lash out at the first available person?

Remember, you're the one that chose to air this out in public. Seriously, what's your deal lately?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howwww about we just stop right now? When you have men with a variety of ages/backgrounds who are all passionate about VT and football, things are bound to flare up here and there. I don't want things to take a huge turn for the worse on this board so let's just let this be the end of this argument?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. I seem to miss all of the major flare ups on this board.

When did Boss Sarge join the board? In his defense, I'd probably be a whiny, overly-sensitive interwebs board bitch if my team got destroyed by it's rival every year.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howwww about we just stop right now? When you have men with a variety of ages/backgrounds who are all passionate about VT and football, things are bound to flare up here and there. I don't want things to take a huge turn for the worse on this board so let's just let this be the end of this argument?

seconded.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Only could Hoos turn Hokies against each other. This is what happens when the rivalry is so one-sided, and we feel the need to beat up on each other to feel any sort of excitement.