• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you'd be surprised at how many kids like Mike London just because he is black. Has the Obama effect on some of the recruits.

I wouldn't. It's a gigantic reason why he has success in the 757 and a huge reason why he was hired in the first place.

It's the #1 key behind them even being in the race with VT for some of these kids. They're simply a lesser football program and nothing has happened under London to prove otherwise. London lives to recruit, the VT game is something he cares less about than beating VT for Tidewater kids. Groh was practically the opposite. He was fine with letting VT get all the 757 kids they wanted and figured, rightly so, that if he could win on the field then soon it wouldn't matter what 757 kids thought of UVA.

London is all style and no substance. If VT keeps beating UVA by 30-40 points a game then by the 2015-2016 classes, the color of his skin won't even raise an eyebrow for most kids.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couldn't agree more about your comments guys ... the obama effect, the fact that London is no substance, and that in 5 years, it won't matter

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Randy Shannon, anyone?

I actually thought Shannon was a good coach, but tried too much to change the culture of Miami. Coker left the program in a world of hurt more than people realize.

Jury is still out on London. Players gravitate towards him, which can be nauseating for us, but it's beneficial to UVA's program. I think many of his tactics are lame, but it's helping win over kids. As a coach, that's still debatable how effective he really is. He won last year, but not sure he can do it consistently yet.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Shannon was a good coach, but tried too much to change the culture of Miami. Coker left the program in a world of hurt more than people realize.

I agree. Randy Shannon knows his football. The thing about Miami is that is seems to recruit itself. It almost doesn't matter who the head coach is, the Miami area just as so much to offer.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jury is still out on London. Players gravitate towards him, which can be nauseating for us, but it's beneficial to UVA's program. I think many of his tactics are lame, but it's helping win over kids. As a coach, that's still debatable how effective he really is. He won last year, but not sure he can do it consistently yet.

Shannon was a good coach, but they just didn't give him enough time.

London is a good recruiter, but he has already had his "new coach" bump. He's got charisma, but he's trying to sell UVA as a football school. Not that easy of a sell.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to go but things came up. A group of friends are going though. I might still try and sneak up

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UVA just offered Moss

I'm starting to wonder if, rather than announcing them one by one, we just assume that UVA is going to offer all of our target recruits.

That's why we publish them, isn't it? Otherwise, it just wouldn't be fair.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
minute 4:42 -- state of oregon, class of 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow

Looks small, but very powerful and fairly quick. That could change when the big OL boys dig their cleats into the grass.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Northwest Elite Index:

Sophomore Marqueese Royster (6-1 260 OL/DL), of state champion Lake Oswego, will be transferring to Central Catholic. Royster comes in ranked the #13 athlete on our Top 85 recruit list for the class of 2014.

Royster split time over the season with an extremely talented group of Lakers good enough to win the state title. He is the son of former Pitt and Portland St star Marcus Royster, but that's just part of the family tree. Evan Royster is currently with the Redskins, and Mazio Royster is his fathers twin and played at USC before stints with Tampa Bay and Jacksonville.

It doesn't stop there. Jerry Royster was a fixture in Major League Baseball for 20+ years, and his cousin is Titus Teague a cornerback at Louisville. You can't help but take a step back a appreciate how much athletic talent resides in one family. It even covers multiple sports.

Articles

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so do we have any chance with brown, blanding, and hands. ik they're all highly touted, but no way in hell uva has a better chance, and would look very bad for US as a program to lose three 5*'s in our own state. blanding i hope wants to come to DBU. brown i hope comes and if cutler can earn a scholarship i think he'd commit, notice i said earn lol(UVA), and mayb Hands will find some reason like playing for the #1 Din the nation, and a NC contender