• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP,

Thanks for joining man. You and fellow students were my biggest target when we started to put a lot of stuff on SportsHoopla. We wanted a free resource that came as close to insider knkedge as we could. It is really based on all of us bring what we come across (twitter, Internet, rumors etc...) to share and you brought the goods today.

Keep posting and pass along the link to your friends.

How did you find us, if you don't mind me asking.

Welcome!!

Well, when I first started getting interested in recruiting, I just googled "VT football recruiting" and just went through all of the websites that popped up and SportsHoopla was one of them. Started reading it ever since because like you said it's free information and I don't have money for subscriptions to sites like 247 and Rivals so SportsHoopla works perfect:suds:

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker: "They’re going to be in the Big Ten, so that’s a plus." ... Doesn't sound like he's high on the ACC right now. Just wait until the SEC offers start coming in.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker: "They’re going to be in the Big Ten, so that’s a plus." ... Doesn't sound like he's high on the ACC right now. Just wait until the SEC offers start coming in.

At this point, I would be surprised if Walker isn't a hokie by signing day.

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea saw the BIG shout out but think he and Holmes high on VT and very open at this point

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if I missed this in here but Dillon Bates, 4 star LB, out of Ponte Vedra, FL was offered. Plays with Kyle Chung .. Son of big Bill Bates, Cowboys legend

Dillon Bates

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I missed this in here but Dillon Bates, 4 star LB, out of Ponte Vedra, FL was offered. Plays with Kyle Chung .. Son of big Bill Bates, Cowboys legend

Dillon Bates

I read somewhere that in addition to football he helps his mother run the family business. Seems like a great kid!

batesmotel.jpg

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dillon Bates

Cool. Bill Bates was pretty bad ass... even for a Cowboy (I taste chunder in my mouth).

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably 0 percent chance that we get him, but still good that we are going into florida and offering some top prospects.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane just tweeted that he is excited to be out recruiting today with new OC, Scott Loeffler. They are headed to Charlotte and Charleston, SC. I wonder if they may get a commitment out of Park who goes to Stratford, right outside of Charleston.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man - so excited about our recruiting - Shane and Scott out workin' it. Nice!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman Thomas #55. Hudl Video.

Coleman Thomas - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

I am no film expert but he looks like he would be a pretty good center. He already plays the position and nearly every snap (in the video anyways) gets back to the QB in the shotgun on target and in a hurry. Experience being the field general is great. His blocking doesn't jump out at me but looks to run pretty well for a big guy. He is a big 'ole boy too.

Couldn't find any video on Mike Herndon. He looks like a big ole country bruiser too though. His rivals and 247 profiles are about 2 inches and 40 lbs off though. Not sure if he would play OL (prob) or MLB. I work up in the Staunton area with some guys at times. May try to see what I can find out about this Herndon hoss..

Michael Herndon

The only thing that would concern me is that these guys play small time football here in VA (D2-Single A). I work up in the Staunton area with some guys. May try to see what I can find out about this Herndon hoss..

Last edited by a moderator:

kpearl2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe with the old ass dead weight gone we can get some LBs in here. As some point though VT has to get an LB to stick in the NFL a while and contribute to have that to sell

two words JAMES ANDERSON