• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys have a good shot at Smith and Jones.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smoke wants that PT badly, too. Probably be higher up for him if VT didn't hit a homer last class for backs. Will still land a 4* back in this class(probably in the next 20 days if I had to guess) and look great for 2 elite backs in the '14 class.

Agree right now with VTFF re: Pfaff and Osterloh.

Facyson is likely a DB but don't discount how many the staff is likely to take this year as we are painfully young and thin all over. I'd also be willing to bet on at least 1 and maybe 2 DB greyshirts so don't be shocked to see high DB numbers for this class.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smoke wants that PT badly, too. Probably be higher up for him if VT didn't hit a homer last class for backs. Will still land a 4* back in this class(probably in the next 20 days if I had to guess) and look great for 2 elite backs in the '14 class.

Agree right now with VTFF re: Pfaff and Osterloh.

Facyson is likely a DB but don't discount how many the staff is likely to take this year as we are painfully young and thin all over. I'd also be willing to bet on at least 1 and maybe 2 DB greyshirts so don't be shocked to see high DB numbers for this class.
Possibility that not all of the backs enroll on time..

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harris not out of the woods but I don't get the sense he's in deep trouble. We shall see.

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
matt rolin supposedly has South Carolina, Florida State and Georgia as his favorites

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang..that's not good news at all...i hope it's nothing too serious and gets worked out....i think he's gonna be a great back..hopefully it's still for us..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the FREE side of rivals.com. A video of a recap of the recent VTO event in Richmond. Notables...

Don't know much about Da'Shawn Hand from 2014 but apparantly he is going to be as highly sought after as Andrew Brown next year. They said he "Might" be the TOP recruit ITN next year. They were men among boys regrading the event as a whole and particularly the 2014 OL/DL. Wyatt Teller was also mentioned. All 3 of these guys were solid as a rock on the video, Teller and Brown bullrushing straight over guys. The kind of DL VT nneds more of. Big Boys...

Fuller was spectacular as usual, Mizzell and Green were the top RBs at the event.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/VTO-Richmond-Recap-1103857

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems that our chances with Teller are still pretty decent .. Read somewhere that we're in his top 5 (VT, UVA, ND, Michigan, USCe)

Obviously, we're out on Allen (no surprise) and appears we're on the outside looking in with Rolin (top 3 is USCe, FSU, UGA) -- though I think that he's visiting, uphill battle maybe.

Most are saying that Virginia could have THREE 5-stars in '14 with Blanding, Brown, and Hand. Brown is going to a camp for Bama this summer. Aside from that, he hasn't really started looking. Would be great if we could get him to Blacksburg this summer. He (Brown) wants to major in engineering which bodes well for us .. but once Saban gets into his f'ing ear and starts talking about the "virtual" engineering program at 'Bama, that shit will go by the wayside. But I can't imagine that our DL dynasty over the next few years is going to hurt us with these guys either. As far as Blanding goes, he's projected to be a 5* DB -- so regardless of his Bayside alma, he'll be looking at DBU or SEC, if I were a betting man. UVA lands 5* lax/baseball/soccer/squash players, not 5* FB players

As far as OL goes, no surprise that we won't get Dillard or Outlaw .. @HokiesHoopla dropped the skinny on some other OL prospects .. go follow him on twitter.

Appears we're looking really good for Brandon Facyson (out of GA). Are we recruiting him as an athlete right now? Or straight DB??

I'm still most concerned with QB and OL at this point ...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hand and Brown both look like monsters. Could you imagine having a d-line book-ended with the 2 of them?? Stupid good

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It seems that our chances with Teller are still pretty decent .. Read somewhere that we're in his top 5 (VT, UVA, ND, Michigan, USCe)

Obviously, we're out on Allen (no surprise) and appears we're on the outside looking in with Rolin (top 3 is USCe, FSU, UGA) -- though I think that he's visiting, uphill battle maybe.

Most are saying that Virginia could have THREE 5-stars in '14 with Blanding, Brown, and Hand. Brown is going to a camp for Bama this summer. Aside from that, he hasn't really started looking. Would be great if we could get him to Blacksburg this summer. He (Brown) wants to major in engineering which bodes well for us .. but once Saban gets into his f'ing ear and starts talking about the "virtual" engineering program at 'Bama, that shit will go by the wayside. But I can't imagine that our DL dynasty over the next few years is going to hurt us with these guys either. As far as Blanding goes, he's projected to be a 5* DB -- so regardless of his Bayside alma, he'll be looking at DBU or SEC, if I were a betting man. UVA lands 5* lax/baseball/soccer/squash players, not 5* FB players

As far as OL goes, no surprise that we won't get Dillard or Outlaw .. @HokiesHoopla dropped the skinny on some other OL prospects .. go follow him on twitter.

Appears we're looking really good for Brandon Facyson (out of GA). Are we recruiting him as an athlete right now? Or straight DB??

I'm still most concerned with QB and OL at this point ...
Facyson is a DB first athlete if that makes since. Don't worry about QB and the OL will come around, more offers will go out during the evaluation period and after the camps.