• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know .. Based on what I saw, Burns looked pretty good too .. as good as Hackenberg IMO. He seems to be more nimble but it's only a few minutes of tape. I'm sure the coaches have seen plenty of both of them to make a very educated decision .. and the offer may come at some point. I just don't see Bucky committing early, especially now with tOSU in the mix.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW, I don't think R_____ can stop people from commenting on information they give....you just can't plagiarize or copy and paste their website.
Looks like both he and Kendall Fuller will be making visits to Michigan and Clemson together:

March 3 - Clemson
April 14 - Michigan for their Spring Game
(hopefully) April 21 - VT for our spring game

Wonder if these guys are setting up to be a package deal?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody got a link for DJ Reid's junior film? I can't seem to find any.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Levenberry will stay somewhere in the state of Florida. O'Daniel is likely not headed to VT unless things change.

Fortunately with last year's class and sitting pretty for some good ones in this class, it's not a big deal to lose out on him.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oren Burks was offered! Most likely he'll follow in the VanDyke's footsteps..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like both he and Kendall Fuller will be making visits to Michigan and Clemson together:

March 3 - Clemson
April 14 - Michigan for their Spring Game
(hopefully) April 21 - VT for our spring game

Wonder if these guys are setting up to be a package deal?
Not a package deal

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I took our listing on the 1st page for OLs with offers from Tech and added the Rivals and 247 player rankings for comparison purposes.

NAME - STATE - Rivals/247 - # of OFFERS - VERBAL
------------------------------------------------
Delando Crooks, Georgia - NR/3 - 7
Patrick Kugler, Pennsylvania - 4/4 - 25
DJ Park, South Carolina - 4/4 - 11 - SOUTH CAROLINA VERBAL
Shamire DeVine, Georgia - 4/3 - 8
Jeremie Hall, Georgia - 4/3 - 5
Bryce King, South Carolina - NR/4 - 7
Dorian Johnson, Pennsylvania - 4/3 - 11
Parker Osterloh, Virginia - NR/3 - 3
Justin Evans, South Carolina - NR/3 - 3
Cameron Dillard, Michigan - NR/3 - 16
Braxton Pfaff, Virginia - NR/2 - 3

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hokies offer Oren Burks

Burks now has an offer from 4 and climbing. VT, UVA, NCState, and WVU. BC UMD and UNC are very interested.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigmadog, all 3 of your posts have been about Burks. Whats the relation?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sort of like the approach that Florida State took back years ago when they lost too many games over inconsistent kicking. We have 80-some scholarships. A few of those should be set aside for place-kickers .. period. Kicking wins and loses so many games. I know that we just got an AA kicker. I'm baffled that he didn't get more offers than he did. I'm baffled that more teams don't offer scholarships. Either way, I'd certainly expect Dillon Christopher to get more than one offer in the next year and it would really stink to lose him.

kickermom -- Does he punt and if so, how well? Having a good place kicker who can also punt would be huge and would probably lock up a scholarship. I don't personally see kickoffs as being a huge deal, considering the upcoming rule changes in college football. Any kicker will a good enough foot to play D-1 football should be able to get 75% + touchbacks. I'm convinced that his scholarship offers will come. Just hope that one of them comes from VT.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sort of like the approach that Florida State took back years ago when they lost too many games over inconsistent kicking. We have 80-some scholarships. A few of those should be set aside for place-kickers .. period. Kicking wins and loses so many games. I know that we just got an AA kicker. I'm baffled that he didn't get more offers than he did. I'm baffled that more teams don't offer scholarships. Either way, I'd certainly expect Dillon Christopher to get more than one offer in the next year and it would really stink to lose him.

kickermom -- Does he punt and if so, how well? Having a good place kicker who can also punt would be huge and would probably lock up a scholarship. I don't personally see kickoffs as being a huge deal, considering the upcoming rule changes in college football. Any kicker will a good enough foot to play D-1 football should be able to get 75% + touchbacks. I'm convinced that his scholarship offers will come. Just hope that one of them comes from VT.

Dillon punted for the first time last year. He had 45 punts with an average of 35.8. It is not his strength but I expect it will be a lot better this year with the off season work he has been doing. Keep in mind his team is not very good. We only had 2 wins and only scored 71 points all year and Dillon had 25 of them. Many of his punts were from the end zone and our line is not very good at blocking for him. I feel like if he were on a team that would give him more time to get a punt off he would have higher numbers. His FGs made were from 32, 36, 37, 38, 49, 50 and 60. The ones he missed were from 39, 43, 49, 50, and 68 yards. Three were from the same game in which the conditions were cold, rainy with a very stiff wind blowing. The other two he hit fat; pulled one wide right but had the distance and the other he hit the upright. His 68 yard attempt fell just short landing between the uprights in the back of the endzone. Touchbacks he was 17/22. Some of the ones that were not touchbacks were rugby type pooch kicks and an oneside kick. He was 4/4 on PATs. Hopefully this will give you some insight on what he has been doing.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of like the approach that Florida State took back years ago when they lost too many games over inconsistent kicking. We have 80-some scholarships. A few of those should be set aside for place-kickers .. period. Kicking wins and loses so many games. I know that we just got an AA kicker. I'm baffled that he didn't get more offers than he did. I'm baffled that more teams don't offer scholarships. Either way, I'd certainly expect Dillon Christopher to get more than one offer in the next year and it would really stink to lose him./QUOTE]

We could certainly improve in the kickoff department. Meyer had many good kickoffs, but he became very inconsistent with a lot of low line drives and balls kicked out of bounds. At the very least, Christopher could come in and handle kickoffs and FG's of the 45 yds+ variety.

What kickers will VT likely have on scholarship startin in 2013?