• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im really good friends with david prince and i know he had a great time up at tech yesterday

Welcome to the board! Would love to her more on what played out yesterday and the reactions of the recruits.

jmcook

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree on the great start to the recruiting process by Beamer and his staff. Really excited to see what other verbals we receive in the coming weeks and months as everything plays out.

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he said everyone seemed like they had a great time. they met with logan macus davis fuller and a couple other players, and david and a couple of the other big recruits talked to beamer in his office. pretty sure Cameron Dillard wont be attending vt though

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The people in red I know were there for a fact....I heard one of the coaches say congrats to Shegog so I guess he has an offer?

If I were a parent of one of the recruits they were trying to get to commit that day, the academics speech and locker room visit would have sealed the deal. I am hoping Dillon will have a good camp on June 3rd and they will have money left for a kicker. It was truly an amazing experience and what things they have put in place to make sure these kids graduate was the seller for me on top of all the other wonderful things about TECH.
Yea shegog was offered

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he said everyone seemed like they had a great time. they met with logan macus davis fuller and a couple other players, and david and a couple of the other big recruits talked to beamer in his office. pretty sure Cameron Dillard wont be attending vt though

based on ?? please do share. i think that us landing an OL from big10 country is a long shot anyway

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is an article offered FREE to the public by 247Sports:

Dillard visits Blacksburg, offered

QUOTE:

Canton (Mich.) High junior offensive lineman Cameron Dillard didn’t know what the city of Blacksburg was going to be like heading into his junior day visit at Virginia Tech on Saturday.

As he heads home with a fresh Hokies offer in tow, the 6-foot-3, 280-pound Dillard is already thinking about a potential trip back.

“It’s a jewel,” Dillard stated. Virginia Tech joins the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oregon and West Virginia in extending a scholarship to the nation’s No. 12 offensive guard. “You get there on campus and it’s definitely a wow factor with the facilities. You get on campus for the first time and you’re very impressed with it.”

Virginia Tech’s tradition also stood out.

“The thing that really surprised me is the streaks they have in the ACC,” Dillard said. “They keep winning. They’ve had eight-straight 10-win seasons.”

Dillard’s visit lasted six hours, and Virginia Tech assistant Charley Wiles spent every moment with him.

“He said they liked me a lot and they’re going to be taking three guys, two tackles and one interior guy,” Dillard explained. “They hope that’s me and it’s a first come, first serve thing.”

Dillard also got to talk extensively with head coach Frank Beamer.

“I spent a bunch of time with him between going around and checking places out,” Dillard recapped. “His office is huge by the way. It’s cool and it looks out onto the practice field.”

Dillard says he’s not ready to name any favorites, and he does not have any upcoming trips on the schedule.

Dillard is the nation’s No. 12 offensive guard prospect and the No. 8 prospect in the state of Michigan according to 247Sports.

The staff seems to have made a very positive impression at the very least. But, since he's entrenched in Big Ten territory, I suspect that's where he hopes he'll end up.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeSabre is claiming that Mike London pulled Fisher's offer while simultaneously calling Caleb way overrated.

......ok......

They're still annoyed about us pulling Nixon's offer, so expect that joke for pretty much every commit we get.

Edit: That has a UVA offer that is...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LeSabre is claiming that Mike London pulled Fisher's offer while simultaneously calling Caleb way overrated.

......ok......

That's their running joke for us because we took scholarship offers away from Mario Nixon and Dominique Terrell.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I do not frequent LeSabre so I missed the sarcasm. I guess it takes a while to get over things when you have lost 8in a row and by a combined 75-7 over the past two years.

Nobody in Blacksburg is sweating Nixon or Terrell.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Assuming Kyshoen Jarrett stocks at FS, are we open to taking three corners? Not a lot of experience there right now.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Kyshoen Jarrett stocks at FS, are we open to taking three corners? Not a lot of experience there right now.

seems like either fuller or jarrett will move to FS, so either way we will have little experience at corner, even if fuller does stay at cb.

my thing is, why not let aromire and cole run free safety and exum and hopper be rovers along with ronny van dyke, that way we could keep jarrett and fuller at cb. does fuller/jarrett project to be much better at fs?

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jonathan Allen was offered by Bama and blown away by his Penn st. visit

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Allen was offered by Bama and blown away by his Penn st. visit

There was this huge event called THON at Penn State this weekend. Maybe that impressed him? He should have gone next week to partake in State Patty's Day.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
seems like either fuller or jarrett will move to FS, so either way we will have little experience at corner, even if fuller does stay at cb.

my thing is, why not let aromire and cole run free safety and exum and hopper be rovers along with ronny van dyke, that way we could keep jarrett and fuller at cb. does fuller/jarrett project to be much better at fs?
Jarrett will move to FS, he already has moved for the spring and may or may not stay there. Aromire is more suited for the Rover right now IMO. RVD could end up at whip. I think Gray is trying to get his best on the field at one time, I could see Exum, Jarrett, Fuller and Bonner/Manning starting with Farrow in the rotation as well. Also, I could see Tookes not taking a RS year...