• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New guy reporting on the Hokies...

RTD_MikeBarber Mike Barber
Officially starting on the Virginia Tech beat for the Richmond Times-Dispatch. An introduction for readers
Mike Barber RTD Profile

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he "just got talked with Coach Grey #Virgina Tech" And no, nothing i spelled was misquoted. SOOO many things wrong with that tweet. but if he can play and wants to be a Hokie, it's all good!!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know it's been brought up before but curious as to why we haven't offered Marquez North? I know there's a lot of time but this kid is a stud and it seems like teams getting in early tend to get and keep the upper hand with these kinds of recruits.

Just curious if anyone had any insight

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know it's been brought up before but curious as to why we haven't offered Marquez North? I know there's a lot of time but this kid is a stud and it seems like teams getting in early tend to get and keep the upper hand with these kinds of recruits.

Just curious if anyone had any insight

He has an offer.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not according to any of the main recruiting services .. but that doesn't mean anything .. do you have a good source of him having an offer from us ??

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with the exception of Jeremi Hall, all of the vt targets on the initial rivals250 are also on the espnu150 watchlist .. and so are our targets below ..

guess the recruiting services agree with our coaches/scouts:

Tashawn Bower
Stefon Colbert
Charles Clark
Shamire Devine
Riley Ferguson
Marquez Grayson
Keyante Green
Bryce King
Micah Kiser
DJ Park
DJ Reid

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not according to any of the main recruiting services .. but that doesn't mean anything .. do you have a good source of him having an offer from us ??

If you look at his Rivals profile, you will see an article titled "Hokies issue offer to top NC target"...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok .. i see that .. wasn't paying much attention to that .. just noticed that vt wasn't even on the list, much less the offer .. good to see though ..

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok .. i see that .. wasn't paying much attention to that .. just noticed that vt wasn't even on the list, much less the offer .. good to see though ..

The offer lists are a bad indicator right now because offers are still not clear, as you'll have kids saying they have offers they really do not have or teams will offer in a flurry so recruiting services are playing catch up. It's difficult to gauge most of the time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Breakdown by state of the 41 Tech offers listed on the FREE Rivals database for 2013:

*Georgia = 8
*Maryland = 3
*New Jersey = 1
*North Carolina = 6
*Pennsylvania = 3
*South Carolina = 3
*Virginia = 17

Probably several more offers than those listed on Rivals, but like bigesse16 stated, they're playing catch-up after the madness leading up to Signing Day.