• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think when it comes to picking schools, most of the kids who are 4 and 5* players care a lot less about a National Championship than you think, and a lot more about where will get them into the Leauge.
totally agree ... and a team that is good at getting that position prepped for the NFL and who will give a decent chance at playing for the MNC is in even better shape. Once the groundwork is laid (as with Saban and Alabama, for example), the product can pretty much sell itself. Not to say that work isn't involved, but it's easier.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of VT targets in the Rivals 100-250.

112. Greg Gilmore
117. Michael Parker
127. Tramel Terry
135. Jaylen Ramsey
153. Christian Hackenberg
161. Tim Harris
168. Wyatt Teller
202. Bucky Hodges
212. Uriah Lemay
220. Jeremi Hall

Could have missed someone but thats who I saw first glance.

oh and 251. Dillon Christopher

;)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bucky visited Maryland last weekend too. Think they might need a QB just as bad as us now :rofl:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State first to pull trigger on Oren Burks South County Whip LB and safety --made first team all district LB. He had a phenominal year, with several sacks, a couple pick six TDs and numerous physical tackles. a rising star following in the footsteps of the vandyke brothers. Probably leaning VT if they offer! he and Devin Vandyke led a highly rated stallion Defense to the state championship game. 6 ft 4 195 and built very much like VT safety Ronnie vandyke. Very lean muscular kid with plenty of room to fillout his frame.. BC, Michigan State and UVA also very interested

Hmm two posts of almost the same description, is that you Oren?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't read the article but based on the comments sounds like Taquan Mizzell is visiting UVA AND VT. Highly unlikely he commits to VT but you know the Hoos have to be nervous! :)

Mizzell plans two visits

Yeah, One wahoo even said that on the 247 board. I am sure the other UVA Bayside boys (along with the coach) will be pushing Mizzell in UVA's direction, but he would definitely be a welcome addition in BBurg. Since we will get a visit, we have as good a chance as UVA or anyone else does. The biggest thing that hurts us is a deep depth chart. As we have seen the last few years (with early NFL entries at the RB position), you can never have enough good RB's in the stable. The fact that we will have a 1-3 round RB taken in the last couple years dont hurt..

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One great RB for this class is all we need IMO .. I say we go harder for Derrick Green

Shane is on it .. Get DPM and Tweedy on the train out there to see him too.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, One wahoo even said that on the 247 board. I am sure the other UVA Bayside boys (along with the coach) will be pushing Mizzell in UVA's direction, but he would definitely be a welcome addition in BBurg. Since we will get a visit, we have as good a chance as UVA or anyone else does. The biggest thing that hurts us is a deep depth chart. As we have seen the last few years (with early NFL entries at the RB position), you can never have enough good RB's in the stable. The fact that we will have a 1-3 round RB taken in the last couple years dont hurt..

As with my other post about getting into the league, while the depth chart could be a deal breaker for us, even the boys at Bayside can see that one school's last 3 starting RBs are now on NFL rosters, and the others are not.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep -- that's extremely difficult to ignore .. if they work hard enough to crawl up the depth chart, they can make it .. not to mention the fact that, other than this past season, CFB definitely isn't the "featured back" kinda coach. He likes to spread the ball around to our RBs and WRs .. I think that's huge for both of those positions. Even with DW4, Oglesby got his touches. One season, RW, DE, and DW were all getting touches. KJ/Suggs ... The list goes on. I don't think we'll have a problem recruiting great RBs for years to come.

Speaking of WRs, I just noticed Lemay's offer list. Impressive. Do we have a decent shot with this guy?? Must be a hell of a receiver.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
out of his 25 or so offers and as early as it is -- do you think we'll end up in his top 5? i would consider that a decent shot.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of his 25 or so offers and as early as it is -- do you think we'll end up in his top 5? i would consider that a decent shot.

Top 5 yeah, but I think we have some work to do.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never hurts to stock up on running backs considering our last 3 starters have all left at least a year early, ryan williams leaving 2 years early.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Uva