• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT^^^Man you are quick Chrishh!

Haha yeah. I also included Marquez North just because I've heard his name thrown around a few times. He does not have an offer from us, though. Also, Scout lists us as having offered Ryan Green, but Rivals does not.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikes me is how many players on that top 100 list have already committed. That's amazing.

And Alabama already has 4 of them.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Taquan Mizzell really Rivals100 good?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha yeah. I also included Marquez North just because I've heard his name thrown around a few times. He does not have an offer from us, though. Also, Scout lists us as having offered Ryan Green, but Rivals does not.

North does have an offer for us FWIW.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Taquan Mizzell really Rivals100 good?

That seems to be a touch overrated to me. Certainly a Rivals 250 prospect, and the 2nd best RB in VA behind Green. Not that you should evaluate a player based on offer sheets (even though thats what alot of these sites do) but his offer sheet doesnt scream that he is the #7 RB in the country. From what some of you have said, London and UVA already has the insde track on him and Green appears to be headed out of state. Glad we got a really nice RB haul the last couple years.

North does have an offer for us FWIW.
From Mallard Creek (like Asante) and Kalambayi is from NC powerhouse Butler I see. Would be great (but tough) to get these guys.

Anyone see any early commits coming in the next month or two (with junior days/spring game etc.)??

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would still be nice to get Green though .. The RB stable isn't too full for him .. and O'Daniel would be a nice package deal with KF .. What's with the super wood that everyone has for Burns? Is he that good?

And Farrell said his toughest call was between the top 2 VA running backs, Green and Mizzell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals100: Toughest decisions

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 45 pages behind because I've been mainly following the 2012 class. Just curious as to why the Top 5 are all considered locks to go out of state? Also, how do you guys feel about the type of class we can land in 2013? Thanks

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sherman will be Kendall's guy. He got Kyle, if you remember.

Patience is all that's needed for Kendall. :)

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know its early, but if you take hope out of it, do we REALLY think kendall will come here?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i know its early, but if you take hope out of it, do we REALLY think kendall will come here?

I can see both sides of "the argument"

On one hand: the family is obviously familiar with VT. They know exactly what they are going to get out of VT, are friendly with the coaches, etc etc etc.

On the other hand: he may want to step out of his brothers "shadow"

Honestly i think he ends up @ VT but :noidea:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of feel like because his other brothers have gone here, he could very much want to do something different. he is the most highly touted of them all, and may feel above doing the same thing his brothers all have done.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if his brothers hadnt gone here, we probably would have much less of a shot, so I wont complain about that angle too much. he would be a program changer. he would prob bring a couple friends with him, and it would show other recruits for this year, and in the future that VT is a great place for top recruits to go.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IMO unless he is dead-set against VT (for the reason i mentioned above), i think this is where he ends up. I dont think any used car pitch on the planet is going to over take the relationship we have built with his parents and siblings.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
brothers

It's not like one of his brothers went here .. One of his brothers went to VT and made it in the NFL .. Another one of his brothers plays for VT, will be a starter, and as it looks now, will probably play in the NFL .. His other brother transferred to VT as walk-on and is now a scholarship player. Regardless of how good Corey is, he'll contribute and most teams wouldn't have taken him, given the circumstances (how long had it been since he'd played football??). But VT did .. because he's a Fuller, was good enough, and Fuller's are family.

Not saying that it's a given and the coaches certainly shouldn't treat it like it's a given but if the Fuller family wants Kendall to be a Hokie, I think he will be. He may already want to be.

If we don't land him, it would be a huge recruiting failure, IMO.