• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@gcfootball GC Football
2013 #GC ATH Kendall Fullers top 8 schools as of today are #Michigan #Tennesee #FSU #Alabama #Clemson #VaTech #Terps #SouthCarolina

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gcfootball GC Football
2013 #GC ATH Kendall Fullers top 8 schools as of today are #Michigan #Tennesee #FSU #Alabama #Clemson #VaTech #Terps #SouthCarolina

bama and clemson are the 2 that worry me on there, moreso than the others.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so I just tweeted @GCfootball and asked "who leads for Stefon Colbert and Dorian O'Daniel?"...his response "Colbert no longer plays football...just track...Dorian has no favs at this point".....had not heard that about Colbert, strange considering he had offers from VT and Auburn..must've been injury related (just my guess)..felt good about landing him too

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe the latest on Colbert was that he didn't have one from VT after all. I've always doubted the authenticity of the Auburn one as well.

That is weird, though. He's a VT legacy.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, that is a pretty odd situation when a D1 football athlete suddenly stops playing football before his senior year...hmm...

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn! we cant lose Kendall! and how is colbert looking for track schools? Maybe we can sign him. he's fast, and it couldnt hurt with the other GC boys. Our track team is one of the best in the nation, and certainly geographically relative to the baltimore area. i will say it again, these guys are program changers. The elite talent that will put us over the top to bring the Waterford to Merryman.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah, he said clemson stood out to him a few months back in an interview. however, if bama goes hard for a guy, as we have seen, they are always a threat.

Im just hopeful the Fuller family has been through the process enough to know how to wade through the bullshit.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His parents, especially mom, are very much in VT's corner.

He's already sold big time on VT, he's basically looking elsewhere just to make sure VT is where he wants to go. I think the reason you hear from him that the family isn't pushing him to VT is because there doesn't need to be any pushing, he already loves VT.

Think of this like Tyrod's recruitment only VT is an even bigger lean with Fuller.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good to know .. if that's the case, would be great if he "makes sure" early and goes ahead and commits early ... it would help a lot with the rest of the class ... i'll just be happy to get him

i've asked before and i'll ask again ... what the hell is SOOO special about clemson that would draw kids to play there so much? i know there's some tradition but still

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
good to know .. if that's the case, would be great if he "makes sure" early and goes ahead and commits early ... it would help a lot with the rest of the class ... i'll just be happy to get him

i've asked before and i'll ask again ... what the hell is SOOO special about clemson that would draw kids to play there so much? i know there's some tradition but still
I have been to Clemson plenty of times...

Death Valley is not the greatest stadium but it is alright. They do have some nice facilities and a pretty campus. The main thing that is attracting people to Clemson now is their previous recruiting classes. We have seen that people want to come to VT to play with Logan and then JC gets in their ear, Clemson is the same way. People want to play with Boyd and Watkins.

They will continue to have good classes for a few years but then it will go down again, very cylindrical

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
david schuman @nucfootball
#nuc-2013 OT Joey Bloomfield (Ballard HS, Ky) is attending 2 Jr day camps this weekend at Virginia and Virginia Tech

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sometimes, a big star will keep their recruitment open because he's taking trips with teammates to help them get offers. For example, I suspect that was the case with Marquise Williams and Kevin Asante. After making Tech think he was really interested, Williams ended up signing with UNC, but Asante, who had no other offers, signed with Tech.

Whether we like it or not, Clemson does have solid appeal to a recruit, but I suspect more happens behind the scenes and under the table to make sure recruits feel "wanted". Use your imagination...nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that the warm weather and a greater number of (attractive) women help Clemson bring in recruits. If a recruit will choose one school over another because of the perceived lack of Chick Fil a, I can only assume that hotter girls could sway a player as well.