• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be surprised if they didn't make the cut but who knows...I'd say that michigan, auburn, and Bama will be in there...maybe OL miss too?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really heard much about Green being on campus at all this summer. Has he unofficially visited Blacksburg?? I would imagine with the proximity he has at least been there in the last year. If we make the cut, hopefully we can get an official during gametime..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haven't really heard much about Green being on campus at all this summer. Has he unofficially visited Blacksburg?? I would imagine with the proximity he has at least been there in the last year. If we make the cut, hopefully we can get an official during gametime..
Yes he has visited and that is the reason we are still in this, we were written off before the visit. We are working hard to get him back on campus for a game

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@rivalsmike
Florida RB Greg Bryant has de-committed from #Oklahoma according to his dad. Wants to play in SEC, #Auburn and #Gamecocks on top.

Maybe he'll go ahead and commit soon to Auburn and possibly take them out of the running for Green's services. Not that I think Green would shy away from competition but based on Alabama's stable of 5* running backs, I'd be a little surprised if he went there. It would be gutsy. Bama is loaded at RB....they're loaded everywhere though.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyatt Teller continues to retweet folks saying "Join Kendall, top 5 defense, blah blah blah", which is reassuring on the one hand, but also makes me realize I am analyzing a kid's mouse clicks.

The joys of following recruiting.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyatt Teller continues to retweet folks saying "Join Kendall, top 5 defense, blah blah blah", which is reassuring on the one hand, but also makes me realize I am analyzing a kid's mouse clicks.

The joys of following recruiting.

Sounds like he is getting a little testy at VT fans tweeting him? Tired of the process much? From what I am reading, sounds like much of the rest (of Virginia's best) may just commit sooner than later (Reid, Hamilton, Burks, Smoke, maybe even Teller and Green)..I can't see any of these guys (minus MAYBE Green) going to signing day..schollies are getting much more scarce later in the process these days, they better shit or get off the pot.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Getting Teller would mean this class couldn't have realistically been any better. I would be extremely pleased

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Teller is a hard read, but anyone have any updates? Seems to be pretty quiet. The longer it goes, the more I think it favors VT. Hopefully we can get him and his family up for a game.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with all the DB commits we have, you have to figure Newsome will start out on the offensive side of the ball, probably WR but possibly TB if we miss on both Reid and Green, right? It is his stated preference, and we were recruiting him as an ATH, not as a DB, which indicates the coaches' openness to using him wherever most needed.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland Fisher is up to the #28 spot in the 247 rankings....right on the cusp of being a 5*

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So with all the DB commits we have, you have to figure Newsome will start out on the offensive side of the ball, probably WR but possibly TB if we miss on both Reid and Green, right? It is his stated preference, and we were recruiting him as an ATH, not as a DB, which indicates the coaches' openness to using him wherever most needed.
He will start at WR, could transition to Safety if needed but will start as a WR

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland Fisher is up to the #28 spot in the 247 rankings....right on the cusp of being a 5*

while kendall fell 3, down to 15...

but bucky shot up from 219 to #55, has he even camped at all or anything this summer to warrant that jump?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while kendall fell 3, down to 15...

but bucky shot up from 219 to #55, has he even camped at all or anything this summer to warrant that jump?

I think you are getting Rival's and 247's rankings confused. Kendall never got that high on 247's rankings (I think he got up to #9 once.) ....and he is still #3 on Rival's rankings.