• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a tough one but I think Green has more potential to be a flat out stud. Saying that I do not want to lose Harris if at all possible. I think he will be a real good RB.

The problem with Green is that I don't know how much more his frame can support to be effective as a runner. He's almost too big right now that I worry what happens when he gets into a S&C program. He may have be a fullback after a while. I hope I'm wrong because he has tons of potential and is clearly a workout warrior. Harris has a great frame to build up muscle and has been instincts. But can't lose with either kid so hopefully we get both.

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Green > Harris in a heartbeat and that's no disrespect to Harris I just think Green has an incredible amount of potential

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Harris alot but I wouldnt mind if we get Green as well. Why are people comparing Green and Harris anyways. Harris in my opinion is not powerback and he even said he considered that powerbacks have limited abilities. Green in the other hand is purely power and speed. I like Green but its not like I would shoot myself if we don't get him, we still have alot of talent at runningback to work with. If we do land him then we'll have a full arsenal :whoo:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the hell kind of alphabet is that? The exclamation points next to VT clearly mean we are in the lead.

:burt:

read Bitter's tweet first .. then found Green's tweet and pasted without paying much attention .. derp

@AndyBitterVT: Rivals lists Green's final six as Auburn, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee and Virginia Tech Derrick Green - Yahoo! Sports

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harris alot but I wouldnt mind if we get Green as well. Why are people comparing Green and Harris anyways. Harris in my opinion is not powerback and he even said he considered that powerbacks have limited abilities. Green in the other hand is purely power and speed. I like Green but its not like I would shoot myself if we don't get him, we still have alot of talent at runningback to work with. If we do land him then we'll have a full arsenal :whoo:

I really wouldn't call Green a power back with the speed he has. I'd call him balanced.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Green is that I don't know how much more his frame can support to be effective as a runner. He's almost too big right now that I worry what happens when he gets into a S&C program. He may have be a fullback after a while. I hope I'm wrong because he has tons of potential and is clearly a workout warrior. Harris has a great frame to build up muscle and has been instincts. But can't lose with either kid so hopefully we get both.

Green doesn't need to gain weight (6'0 220 4.4 per rivals). He is ready to step in and play now. I am sure the S&C staff would do what they have to do to keep his weight the same (or maybe even lose a few) and for him to stay in great shape without him getting too bulky and stiff.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't get all the Green hype. He must look a lot better this year in camps than his junior film. If you want to see some impressive film go watch Rushel Shell. He is on Ryan Williams's level IMO and we will probably see him this year at Pitt since Graham is starting out the year hurt. Harris is pretty big (210) himself by the way and just as fast as Green. I saw a video of him somewhere winning a 100m race over guys much smaller than him. Can't find it now though

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know nothing about either as a player, but I'd prefer Green over Harris just because he's a VA player and losing top-flight state players to programs out of state is annoying as hell.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the Green hype. He must look a lot better this year in camps than his junior film. If you want to see some impressive film go watch Rushel Shell. He is on Ryan Williams's level IMO and we will probably see him this year at Pitt since Graham is starting out the year hurt. Harris is pretty big (210) himself by the way and just as fast as Green. I saw a video of him somewhere winning a 100m race over guys much smaller than him. Can't find it now though

I know people who have seen him in camps this summer and they said he is a man among boys

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the Green hype...Harris is pretty big (210) himself by the way and just as fast as Green. I saw a video of him somewhere winning a 100m race over guys much smaller than him. Can't find it now though

I agree. Harris is plenty big and plenty fast and looks shifty in his cuts. I'm no Green expert, but if I had to choose between someone we have and someone we don't, I'll take Harris

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shell has been here on campus for the entire summer (I work at Pitt) and he has gotten a lot bigger in a good way. He is going to be a special back.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really wouldn't call Green a power back with the speed he has. I'd call him balanced.
I really wouldnt call him balanced. On film he's just a north and south guy, he doesnt really have the agility to be called balanced. Harris is more balanced in my opinion because he can make cuts to gain more yards and have the size to run over people. I would rather take a prepped Drew Harris over a true freshman Derrick Green, but to be honest we won't truly know how Green looks on the field until his final football season starts.

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Ive seen of Harris, he does have the size and speed but I wouldnt call him a power back at all. He can run through arm tackles but I havent seen him run low behind his pads and run through defenders as Green does. Also Harris is a very long strider making him not very agile in the open field. On the other hand Harris has better vision and looks more experienced as a running back then Green, just my opinion.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Green doesn't need to gain weight (6'0 220 4.4 per rivals). He is ready to step in and play now. I am sure the S&C staff would do what they have to do to keep his weight the same (or maybe even lose a few) and for him to stay in great shape without him getting too bulky and stiff.

That's my point. He doesn't need to gain weight, but it's almost certain he will add muscle mass from being in S&C. Unless he shed's weight, it'll be hard for him to stay at the same speed at the weight he could potentially be.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. He doesn't need to gain weight, but it's almost certain he will add muscle mass from being in S&C. Unless he shed's weight, it'll be hard for him to stay at the same speed at the weight he could potentially be.

Ehhh. Maybe?? maybe not?? Being in strength and conditioning doesn't necessarily mean that he will be eating 10,000 calories/1,000 grams protein a day, and working out for 8 hours a day. He may already be "maxxed out" as to where his body will take him (outside of roiding). He is a specimen and and is much further along physically than most HS RB's. I am sure, they have different programs for each individual. Linemen probably eat, lift, and supplement more..skill players not so much.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green doesn't need to gain weight (6'0 220 4.4 per rivals). He is ready to step in and play now.

He hasn't shown that he can play 4Q at this weight in HS yet.

I don't get all the Green hype. He must look a lot better this year in camps than his junior film.

Not really. All the wows are from his physique, not his ballin abilities. This upcoming HS season is the real test.

I know people who have seen him in camps this summer and they said he is a man among boys

Thats just the eyeball test. Remember, 268 not long ago. Stone hands. Only played 2Q in HS last year. Needs to prove much besides buckness.

I really wouldnt call him balanced. On film he's just a north and south guy, he doesnt really have the agility to be called balanced. Harris is more balanced in my opinion because he can make cuts to gain more yards and have the size to run over people. I would rather take a prepped Drew Harris over a true freshman Derrick Green, but to be honest we won't truly know how Green looks on the field until his final football season starts.

We share the same brain.

I would take Green > Harris in a heartbeat and that's no disrespect to Harris I just think Green has an incredible amount of potential

Exactly, its just potential until he shows it on the field.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Ive seen of Harris, he does have the size and speed but I wouldnt call him a power back at all. He can run through arm tackles but I havent seen him run low behind his pads and run through defenders as Green does. Also Harris is a very long strider making him not very agile in the open field. On the other hand Harris has better vision and looks more experienced as a running back then Green, just my opinion.

Agreed. My one critique of Harris on film is that he seems to run high