• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We figure to see any more commitments out of our targets before the season starts?

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Meyer/tOSU pulled Green's offer or what..backing off? DD said on the radio yesterday he thought it would come down to us and OSU.. Auburna nd Clemson are serious contenders too? Starting to think he is out of the loop though. Seems that lately that some of you guys on here know more than him..

Derrick and his mom are both HUGE Michigan fans.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick and his mom are both HUGE Michigan fans.

That seems improbable given his early infatuation with OSU. It seems most recruits are fans of what school promises/pays them the most. Growing up a fan of a program (especially if that program is VT) doesn't seem to have any impact :nonod:

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems improbable given his early infatuation with OSU. It seems most recruits are fans of what school promises/pays them the most. Growing up a fan of a program (especially if that program is VT) doesn't seem to have any impact :nonod:

Its not just me guessing that they love Michigan.

He talks often about going to Michigan games with his mom as a kid, and meeting some Michigan alum players in the stands for autographs.

I think his mom has some connections to Michigan.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIchigan told Derrick that they are changing to a power running game, which he liked.

Derrick also points out himself what a great O line OSU has recruited this year, which he likes alot. He says that will play a big part in his decision.

They also promised him early playing time.

Derrick is very close friends with Shane Morris.

He plans on seeing a game there this fall. Derrick likes the thought of playing in front of 114.000 fans.

Derrick is one of the top two or three prospects left on an already impressive Michigan 2013 class, so they are working him hard, and Hoke is personally involved in the process.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just me guessing that they love Michigan.

He talks often about going to Michigan games with his mom as a kid, and meeting some Michigan alum players in the stands for autographs.

I think his mom has some connections to Michigan.

That's cool, I don't doubt it. As a fan I don't understand how if you are a Michigan fan you could consider going to OSU, but I'm not trying to make a living playing football I guess. It wouldn't suprise me if he ended up there, seems to be looking everywhere but VT and their recruiting is rediculous.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool, I don't doubt it. As a fan I don't understand how if you are a Michigan fan you could consider going to OSU, but I'm not trying to make a living playing football I guess. It wouldn't suprise me if he ended up there, seems to be looking everywhere but VT and their recruiting is rediculous.

Don't get me wrong. I still think VT is his number 1 right now. It just seems that he is truly interested in all these schools too, and is not just letting it all play out like smoke, fuller, and some others who we all know where they are going to commit to.

Derrick is puzzling to me in that regard, as to whether or not these looks at other places is serious, or just a good way to kill the summer.

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, i dont post on here often but i follow the board everyday. There was an article on the VT rivals page with Tarean Folson but im not an inside so i cant read it, any new info on him? I dont think we were pursuing him too hard but he still has us listed as warm on 247 sports. To be honest I think his highlight film is better than Greens although Green has more potential. Folston however looks a lot more complete, is coming out of Florida and I believe fits our system better than Green would..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey guys, i dont post on here often but i follow the board everyday. There was an article on the VT rivals page with Tarean Folson but im not an inside so i cant read it, any new info on him? I dont think we were pursuing him too hard but he still has us listed as warm on 247 sports. To be honest I think his highlight film is better than Greens although Green has more potential. Folston however looks a lot more complete, is coming out of Florida and I believe fits our system better than Green would..
Unlikely he comes to VT

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quote from FREE Rivals article

"I will recruit for Virginia Tech," he said. "I'll work on some guys and tell them why I chose the Hokies, and it is for many other reasons than just my brothers going there. I chose them because I still think they are the best program in the ACC and you get the best coaching."

Wonder who he has in mind.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I will recruit for Virginia Tech," he said. "I'll work on some guys and tell them why I chose the Hokies, and it is for many other reasons than just my brothers going there. I chose them because I still think they are the best program in the ACC and you get the best coaching."

Wyatt Teller? :ss:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to start making Kendall Fuller for Hesiman t-shirts?
We should put him into return punts, and maybe some select offensive plays.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is as good a secondary class as we could ever ask for.

FS: Charles Clark
ROV: Holland Fisher
BC: Kendall Fuller
FC: Cequan Jefferson

And then Brandon Facyson and Anthony Shegog could end up factoring in either as DBs or WRs.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Kendall will be an asset for this class and next class with his recruiting, huge pickup here fellas ;)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this is as good a secondary class as we could ever ask for.

FS: Charles Clark
ROV: Holland Fisher
BC: Kendall Fuller
FC: Cequan Jefferson

And then Brandon Facyson and Anthony Shegog could end up factoring in either as DBs or WRs.
Facyson will start out as a corner I believe (but is a heck of a WR), Shegog either Safety or Rover