• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting comments from the Fuller bro's on twitter:

kendall fuller‏@KENyoufeelmee

Damn i want too commit now but i just dont know when

Kyle Fuller‏@kbfuller17

@KENyoufeelmee I know the feeling

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derrick Green ... hmmmm

What's anyone with any finger on the pulse's take?

I've read quite a bit saying that we're still in it for Derrick Green. Most perceive his favorites to be tOSU and Clemson. Ezekiel Elliott has already committed to tOSU and Wayne Gallman just committed to Clemson. Wonder if we are in "any" shape with him? I know Shane's probably working hard. I know that our depth "might" be an issue but a great RB shouldn't be too worried about a little competition. He'll surely have that at most big schools. Just curious if anyone has any feel at all?? For the most part, popular opinion is that the odds of us getting him are slim.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking at Fuller's twitter and noticed that one of his teammates (Andre Levrone) just committed to UVA. Their QB (Brendan Marshall) has already committed there. I know Fuller wouldn't go to UVA, but is there any chance the DOD goes there? Or are these just desperate tactics?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking at Fuller's twitter and noticed that one of his teammates (Andre Levrone) just committed to UVA. Their QB (Brendan Marshall) has already committed there. I know Fuller wouldn't go to UVA, but is there any chance the DOD goes there? Or are these just desperate tactics?

It's the ML MO.
1) Offer anyone Tech offers
2) Offer all the 2* friends of the 4* talent you really want - which gets you 6 QBs on the roster

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Derrick Green ... hmmmm

What's anyone with any finger on the pulse's take?

I've read quite a bit saying that we're still in it for Derrick Green. Most perceive his favorites to be tOSU and Clemson. Ezekiel Elliott has already committed to tOSU and Wayne Gallman just committed to Clemson. Wonder if we are in "any" shape with him? I know Shane's probably working hard. I know that our depth "might" be an issue but a great RB shouldn't be too worried about a little competition. He'll surely have that at most big schools. Just curious if anyone has any feel at all?? For the most part, popular opinion is that the odds of us getting him are slim.
As of now its very slim

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the ML MO.
1) Offer anyone Tech offers
2) Offer all the 2* friends of the 4* talent you really want - which gets you 6 QBs on the roster

Levrone & Marshall are both 3 stars according to R---als and 247.

We only have 4 QB's on the roster: Rocco, Watford, Lambert & McCartin. Whom are the other 2 that you speak of?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 4 QB's on the roster: Rocco, Watford, Lambert & McCartin. Whom are the other 2 that you speak of?

Those, Brandon Marshall, and then I'm counting 1 as part of the remaining QBs this year you're undoubtedly going after still, will put 6 scholarship QBs on your roster next year, will it not?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levrone & Marshall are both 3 stars according to R---als and 247.

I haven't watched his film, but if Marshall's only offers are UVA and Cal, then he probably doesn't deserve to be a 3 star. And UVA's offer was probably about 50% an attempt to lure in other players and 50% real interest.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those, Brandon Marshall, and then I'm counting 1 as part of the remaining QBs this year you're undoubtedly going after still, will put 6 scholarship QBs on your roster next year, will it not?

Yes, that will put it at 6, but which of any of those QB's were offered just to get their friends on board? The only one you could say that about would be Marshall, and if he actually does become the starter then how could you say that we didn't really want him, just his buddies? Do you see where I am coming from?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched his film, but if Marshall's only offers are UVA and Cal, then he probably doesn't deserve to be a 3 star. And UVA's offer was probably about 50% an attempt to lure in other players and 50% real interest.

Stanford also offered Marshall, and that program has been no slouch the past 5 years.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford also offered Marshall, and that program has been no slouch the past 5 years.

I saw nothing about Stanford; maybe they took it back once Burns committed. The fact remains: out of the 9 players on Good Counsel that have offers (this includes one guy who has only been offered by Delaware), UVA has offered 7 of them.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osterloh will be in attendance for VT spring game. staying with a certain someone's family.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@HokiesHoopla #Hokies RT @gcfootball: #GC's Kendall Fuller names his TOP 6 they are #Clemson,#VaTech #Tennessee #Michigan #Maryland #Alabama

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but which of any of those QB's were offered just to get their friends on board?

Uhhh Marshall had how many offers? Exactly. It was a ploy to get DOD or Fuller. And you must be forgetting that Cutler and Andrew Brown are cousins. So yes, London is up to his old tricks. Again.:L

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh Marshall had how many offers? Exactly. It was a ploy to get DOD or Fuller. And you must be forgetting that Cutler and Andrew Brown are cousins. So yes, London is up to his old tricks. Again.:L

It's still early in the recruiting process. I have a feeling that Marshall will add a few offers before the NSD. How do you know it was a ploy? Because you think so? Until you have some concrete evidence, how you feel really doesn't mean anything.

Isn't VT close to offering Cutler? What's stopping me from saying that if they do, they are just trying to get an "in" with Brown?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's still early in the recruiting process. I have a feeling that Marshall will add a few offers before the NSD. How do you know it was a ploy? Because you think so? Until you have some concrete evidence, how you feel really doesn't mean anything.

Isn't VT close to offering Cutler? What's stopping me from saying that if they do, they are just trying to get an "in" with Brown?
VT already has an in with Brown...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats stopping us from offering Cutler is the fact we actually want to do an evaluation of him. Not just pull a ML.

And congrats on getting a WR commit that only had 1 catch last year. Its funny to hear the Hoos talk about how he might end up a 4star! Please. :spit:

Ironic how that WR also is teammates with Kendall and DOD. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats stopping us from offering Cutler is the fact we actually want to do an evaluation of him. Not just pull a ML.

And congrats on getting a WR commit that only had 1 catch last year. Its funny to hear the Hoos talk about how he might end up a 4star! Please. :spit:

Ironic how that WR also is teammates with Kendall and DOD. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Levrone did only have 1 catch last year, but he also had a great combine before one of the All Star games. That is where he is generating a lot of his interest. He also had Diggs in front of him last year, so it's easy to see why he didnt have more opportunities. If his coming up season is any reflection of his combine results, he may very well end up a 4 star.

If these guys never see the field, then you may be on to something that London just offered to get the better players, but, until then it's just speculation on your part.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these guys never see the field, then you may be on to something that London just offered to get the better players, but, until then it's just speculation on your part.

iStock_000002694919XSmall.jpg

Levrone did only have 1 catch last year, but he also had a great combine before one of the All Star games. That is where he is generating a lot of his interest. He also had Diggs in front of him last year, so it's easy to see why he didnt have more opportunities. If his coming up season is any reflection of his combine results, he may very well end up a 4 star.

So he will be a 4 because even though he only had 1 catch all season, he did well at a combine. Right. Gotcha. Personally I take season stats over how he performed in one combine.