• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Having fun with numbers!

Here's a quick numbers analysis of the 21 verbals to date for the 2012 Class.

Looks like we may have 4 early arrivals out of the 2012 who may count against the 2011 head-count:

Irick
Coleman
Manning
Tookes

Thomas Smith will probably count against the 2013 Class.

That leaves 16 verbals who will report in Fall 2012, unless 1 or more need to prep or agree to a greyshirt.

That leaves a total of 9 or more additional recruits we can land for the 2012 Class.
The only early arrival question mark I have is Coleman, as I have said before, it is difficult to graduate early in VA because of the SOL rules. Not to say it cant/wont happen, its just more difficult.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Having fun with numbers!

Looks like we may have 4 early arrivals out of the 2012 who may count against the 2011 head-count:

Irick
Coleman
Manning
Tookes

That leaves 16 verbals who will report in Fall 2012, unless 1 or more need to prep or agree to a greyshirt.

That leaves a total of 9 or more additional recruits we can land for the 2012 Class.

This is great news. I was a little unsure of how all the GS, EE, and prep school numbers work. Sounds like we still have plenty of room.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone know anything about Brian Rody? Twitter announcing he is a new walk-on at VT. video - ‪Brian Rody 2010 QB‬‏ - YouTube

Kid's got excellent film.

(cough, cough....Riv...cough, cough) says he gave his verbal back in February 2011.

Just my opinion,but Rody's the kind of kid that would have earned a scholarship offer 5-10 years ago. I'd like to know more about why he chose Tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fun with numbers!

Irick
Coleman
Manning
Tookes

nice breakdown

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's an article on Rody dated February 24, 2011:

Stone Bridge's Rody Gets His Chance - Gameday Magazine

QUOTE:

"'I sent my film down to the coaching staff a few days ago,' said Rody. 'They liked what they saw, and Coach Thompson called me in today and told me they wanted me to come be a preferred walk-on. I called them back today and told them that I would accept that opportunity, and that I'm really excited about it.'

Rody has the size and arm strength that most college programs look for at the quarterback position, which makes his lack of recruitment somewhat of a mystery. Rody was one of the top quarterbacks in the Northern Region this past fall, and according to head coach Mickey Thompson, should have been in demand.

'He had a big time year, and I just really believe he is a big time quarterback prospect,' said Thompson on Wednesday. 'Virginia Tech is getting a player that could evolve into a very good quarterback for them in the future.'

For Rody, Wednesday's news came as a relief as he said he can now relax about his future.

'It was just nice to get an opportunity,' said Rody. 'My sister went to Tech for a couple of years, and one of my good friends is also walking on, so this was a great opportunity for me. I was just hoping to have a chance to play, so I'm really excited about heading to Virginia Tech.'

Rody helped lead Stone Bridge to two straight state championship game appearances in his time as the Bulldog starting quarterback. He transferred to Stone Bridge after starting as a sophomore at Heritage High School in Leesburg.

As a starter during the past two seasons, Rody was 27-3."

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two time state champion QB and no recruitment of him by anyone big? Coaches not get his film out or did he just randomly slip under the radar? I wonder if he will be in a legit competition for a spot by the time he is a junior or senior

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
HokiesnHoos Hokies'N'Hoos Daily
I asked Mario Nixon if there was any truth to him switching his commitment from Virginia to Virginia Tech. His response? "Hell naw"

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from Blacksburg and I see there is some good news regarding Smith. Not someone I may have offered but there have been a couple of those this year.

BTW Blacksburg (for fun) is still awesome for those of you who haven't been in awhile. PKs was ALWAYS my spot but I went back this weekend and an ex-fling works there. Was pretty awkward since I left in the morning without a goodbye or call or anything so I may have to switch to Rivermill.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rumors that PSU seems to be pulling off of Harris a little bit over academics...Not sure if that is true or not, read it on twitter and heard rumblings on another message board..

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Conte likes VT a lot more than I originally presumed.

Note: This is also third hand information. Kid must be a tough read.

On another note Eli Harold will most likely be committing to the French on August 2nd.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hear Conte likes VT a lot more than I originally presumed.

Note: This is also third hand information. Kid must be a tough read.

On another note Eli Harold will most likely be committing to the French on August 2nd.
Conte is hard to read, last week I though UVA all the way, now I think it is about 65% he will be a Hokie...Just a hunch though

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone know anything about Brian Rody? Twitter announcing he is a new walk-on at VT. video - ‪Brian Rody 2010 QB‬‏ - YouTube

first chance i had to watch this video and IMO this is a really interesting commit. He seems to have good accuracy and decent mechanics already and after a few years in the playbook and weight room, could turn into a solid QB for VT.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Conte visited UVA today right? He is visiting VT tomorrow? Is he supposed to announce tomorrow? I hope so and have a good feeling on this kid.
He visited UVA Monday, VT today, and is going to discuss and announce this week. I don't know if it will be today or not, but I really like that we have the last visit..

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He visited UVA Monday, VT today, and is going to discuss and announce this week. I don't know if it will be today or not, but I really like that we have the last visit..

Agree. The last visit always has an advantage. If we really impress him today there's always a chance he could commit to the coaches there. He sounds like a kid that will go back home and discuss it with his parents first though. Hope we land him.