• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kenneth crawley just told me on twitter that VT was his dream school before he had any offers!! and that hes gonna be deciding soon!! i'd love to get him in orange and maroon!!
Well that was a given :)

You may want to tread very lightly talking to recruits on twitter, it could look very bad in some eyes, just my $.02

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jody Fuller is set to decide this morning at 9:00. I think he is USC-E bound....

Rivals doesn't show VT offering but I was positive we did

He's announcing at 9pm. His top four are VT, USC-e, Miami, and Tennessee. Most believe he's all USC-e.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that we are going to be bridesmaids on this one. As usual we will be the maid of honor though.

Still, if we can pull Caleb and Irick, I feel alright.

I agree. Close but no cigar. When I looked at Caleb on Rivals it said he had a 4.7 40. Anyone know if that is accurate? Seems kind of slow for a top prospect who is looking at a WR or maybe DB position

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a given :)

You may want to tread very lightly talking to recruits on twitter, it could look very bad in some eyes, just my $.02

Yea definitely be careful man. I am not sure if it can put our program in direct jeopardy - but why risk it? :lalala:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little heads up boys:

My friend is coming into town this weekend and I will hopefully be drinking on my porch, on a golf course or at Pirates games, so i may not be able to post very much. I know that the July camp is this weekend and a ton of new offers may be going out and we will likely get a commit or two, so keep posting as I may not be all over it.

Also, I hear that we offered Pyke finally. Can anyone confirm that. If so, he goes to the top of my "want" list.

Have a good weekend all!

Go Hokies!!

(I will still be posting some, but from my phone so, it will be sparse)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A little heads up boys:

My friend is coming into town this weekend and I will hopefully be drinking on my porch, on a golf course or at Pirates games, so i may not be able to post very much. I know that the July camp is this weekend and a ton of new offers may be going out and we will likely get a commit or two, so keep posting as I may not be all over it.

Also, I hear that we offered Pyke finally. Can anyone confirm that. If so, he goes to the top of my "want" list.

Have a good weekend all!

Go Hokies!!

I will be in and out for most of the weekend also, but anything I get I will post!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little heads up boys:

Have a good weekend all!

Go Hokies!!

You have a good weekend too! I can tell you I won't be posting at all this weekend. Will be floating in a tube down the Shenandoah river for 8 hours slamming beers :cool: and then camping. I hope to come back on Sunday seeing some good news.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just read some interesting info on K.Smith, I didn't know he was dual sport and wanted to play baseball and football. That was probably a MAJOR factor in choosing USC-E

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kenneth crawley just told me on twitter that VT was his dream school before he had any offers!! and that hes gonna be deciding soon!! i'd love to get him in orange and maroon!!

Good news about Crawley, but like the others have mentioned, you really need to limit your direct communications with recruits. Here's why...if you give any money to the Tech football program (tickets, monetary gifts to the football program, buying clothing from the Tech stores, Beamerball subscription, etc.) you fit the NCAA definition of a booster, and boosters are expressly forbidden from having any kind of contact with recruits other than a simple greeting. As we've seen in the UNC case, they now have people scanning the social media looking for violations.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Close but no cigar. When I looked at Caleb on Rivals it said he had a 4.7 40. Anyone know if that is accurate? Seems kind of slow for a top prospect who is looking at a WR or maybe DB position

I watched one of his videos and I had him at around a 4.53, but I was counting on my fingers so i am not sure how precise it was.... :p

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen rivals be pretty inaccurate on 40 times. I usually wait until we report our 40 times from workouts after a recruit has come in.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We did offer Pyke.

And Caleb ran a 4.7 at the Nike's Opening yesterday during the SPARQ day. Still a good time for his size.