• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Va Tech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey I'm just wondering does anyone have any new recruiting news

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Basically all i got is what is pasted in the "ot" thread about JR day. 46 or one of the others may have something else but (other than JR day) its been kinda slow the past week or so.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to update the board. I mentioned below the new commit, and I know that Bruce Smith's kid got his offer. Other han that, not much....everyone seemed to love the junior day so we may see a commit or two soon. I will check up on other new offers soon.

BTW, how about having 4 commits from NC, TX, GA, and FL, and none from Virginia yet....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love the fact about all the OOS offers. Im guessing we will continue to hit the OOS offers pretty hard up until the start of spring ball, prob work on the instate kids some during the spring and hopefully after summer camps have a good idea of about everyone we are going to offer.

Hopefully we start to see a couple more RB and a bunch of OL offers in the near future.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: i've heard that Caleb Jones committed to TX, but there seems to be conflicting reports anyone know?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: i've heard that Caleb Jones committed to TX, but there seems to be conflicting reports anyone know?

I've snooped around and couldn't find anything on this hunz. One thing, I forgot about his brother Brandon Caleb who was the #12 prospect in VA a number of years ago played at Oklahoma from 06-10. Maybe they are familiar with the coaches and programs in the Big 12 from his brothers experiences???

BTW -- I googled "Joel Caleb to play at Texas?" and 46's recruiting thread came up on the first page!!! You've gone global 46..Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
are you guys confusing Cayleb Jones and Joel Caleb perhaps? Cayleb Jones DID in fact commit to Texas, however, Joel Caleb has not.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you guys confusing Cayleb Jones and Joel Caleb perhaps? Cayleb Jones DID in fact commit to Texas, however, Joel Caleb has not.

I am referring to cayleb Jones. Joel Caleb had a great junior day and I still think we lewd for him.

Welcome to the board, btw :)

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you :D I suppose someone else did, reading the posts, seems like someone thought Cayleb Jones' brother was Brandon Caleb haha.

Glad to be at the board :)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to update the board. I mentioned below the new commit, and I know that Bruce Smith's kid got his offer. Other han that, not much....everyone seemed to love the junior day so we may see a commit or two soon. I will check up on other new offers soon.

BTW, how about having 4 commits from NC, TX, GA, and FL, and none from Virginia yet....

According to fans of Club 216, we are offering so many out of state kids because we know UVa has taken over the state and we have moved on:L. Here is where I would post a gif of hysterical laughter if I had one.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you :D I suppose someone else did, reading the posts, seems like someone thought Cayleb Jones' brother was Brandon Caleb haha.

Glad to be at the board :)

My fault...I can't read Haha..:L

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTInsider is saying Jamel Harbison WR, Mallard Creek H.S. NC has been offered by VT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT is coming up on 60 offers by my count..60!!! That's crazy! We can only sign what, 25 in any given year? I know they can work the numbers, prep/greyshirt some of those guys and what not. I feel like Frank and Co. should get to that number easily with all of these offers. I hope all of these offers going out doesn't end up biting us in the ass in the end. Seems like many of the blue-chippers will likely hold out until late this year, and some of the under-the-radar guys might commit early to secure a scholy?? Not sure how this process works but it seems to be the approach that many of the top notch schools follow...Offer every 4 and 5 star guy in the world and thats all you end up with is 4 and 5 star guys, I know all of these guys aren't like that but hey, what the hell??....thoughts on this anyone??

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget about the potential early exits of Wilson and Hosley. It seems pretty likely for those two at least.

I agree 46, 55+ offers still seems like more than normal though. I think it is great we are putting all of them out this early.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But isnt part of the reason because of the recruiting class of '08? we signed 31 players (albeit some left/transferred) but still a large class anyway you look at it. Could be wrong though, Im not sure how many of these players are still on the team.