• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw on Rivals where Alabama has offered Kirven. This may be old news to you guys. If so, sorry about that. Do you guys still think he's a VT lean, or is too early to say? Thanks in advance.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just saw on Rivals where Alabama has offered Kirven. This may be old news to you guys. If so, sorry about that. Do you guys still think he's a VT lean, or is too early to say? Thanks in advance.

Even if he were to be an early commit, unless he completely shuts his recruiting down (which wont happen) we will be in a fight for him until NSD. The good thing is that you have to figure he has a strong connection to VT: We were on him early, he is a fan, and ZM/LT being here cant hurt either. FWIW: i'd still call him a VT lean, but look for the offers to keep rolling in for him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we changing the QB recruiting philosophy at VT or something? I see two of the QB's we are recruiting are listed as Pro-Style Qb's (Millweard and Coney) along with a big Bucky Hodges in 2013. I like this, IF we can get the OL to go with it. No sense in having these pocket passers if they are running for their lives (see Sean Glennon). I would say they likely don't quite have TT like skills. T.J. Millweard in particular interests me. Texas QB's typically are the real deal..glad we got in on him first offer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW

VTinsider is now showing..
Deontay McManus WR (MD) Rivals 250 WatchList
Larry Jefferson DE (GA)
D.J. White CB (GA)
as being offered, not sure how reliable scouts.com is (I like rivals better)
Man, Richt and PJ can't be happy about VT coming in their territory...then again screw PJ and Groh, don't like them anyway.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we changing the QB recruiting philosophy at VT or something? I see two of the QB's we are recruiting are listed as Pro-Style Qb's (Millweard and Coney) along with a big Bucky Hodges in 2013. I like this, IF we can get the OL to go with it. No sense in having these pocket passers if they are running for their lives (see Sean Glennon). I would say they likely don't quite have TT like skills. T.J. Millweard in particular interests me. Texas QB's typically are the real deal..glad we got in on him first offer.

no doubt. if glennon regularly had protection, he would have had much better numbers than he did...more often than not though, he had about 0.005 seconds to take the snap and get rid of it before he was hit...doesnt matter how good of a passer you are, with shitty protection...you're going to be hurting

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,

My issue with Glennon was his attitude more than his play. If he had gone to NC State or Miami he would be in the NFL right now, I fully believe. That being said he "never did bad" and it was "never his fault". The post game interview or the ECU loss was the worst. he threw all of his true freshman receivers and linemen under the bus. Even if they did not play their best, you are a senior and a leader, you take responsibility.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah,

My issue with Glennon was his attitude more than his play. If he had gone to NC State or Miami he would be in the NFL right now, I fully believe. That being said he "never did bad" and it was "never his fault". The post game interview or the ECU loss was the worst. he threw all of his true freshman receivers and linemen under the bus. Even if they did not play their best, you are a senior and a leader, you take responsibility.

No kidding on the attitude, the quarterback is supposed to be the leader.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is random, but does anyone know if the Basham kid from Franklin County is related to Bernard Basham from the early 90s? Dude had one of the best names of all-time for a defensive player.

Va Tech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
46 what do you think the chances are tech will get Joel Caleb?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb LOVES Virginia Tech and grew up a huge fan, Just like Curtis Grant. His family is 100% hokie as well just like Demirtious Nicholson. Tristfall means That he should end up at the University of Ohio or Virginia State.

:L

In all honesty, Caleb will be the #1 player in Virginia for the year and will have 25+ BCS offers. We are in as good of position as anyone but it will be rough. Hopefully we can get him early like Logan Thomas or even better like Zach McCray. Those guys were top in state guys that ended up doing some serious recruiting for us. He is coming to our junior day on Feb. 26. We need to make sure he bumps into McCray, Thomas, Nicky Dew and Zo Williams as those guys could talk Tom Brady into committing to tech.

(Side note: Nick Dew will join you all's list of favorite Hokies about two games or one interview into his playing time. What a cool cool guy and hilarious. Think Eddie Whitley with sarcasm. And to think, they may be sharing the same defensive backfield and calling plays together this season, oh if we could mic those two up - :L)

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Caleb would be a star DB or even a QB

From what I've gathered, he's a 5* Safety and a 4* WR. I think VT will give him a chance at WR since that's where he wants to play, but his ultimate destination may be on defense.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i have always pictured caleb as a more fluid kam chancellor, but he's a good enough athlete that he will make a difference where ever he decides to play imo.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything new on the recruiting front? Have you guys heard any buzz about Shane and Cornell yet, or have they started hitting the trail yet?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything new on the recruiting front? Have you guys heard any buzz about Shane and Cornell yet, or have they started hitting the trail yet?

Haven't heard much about what role they will be playing in recruiting yet. I'm pretty sure Beamer is going to be in the SE. I personally would like to see Brown work with Newsome in the 757 area for the next couple years. I think some young blood, with pedigree, in that area could slow down the momentum London is starting to build down there. Even though VT is starting to branch out and look more out of state (FLA and GA it looks like in particular), which I like, I think they still need to put a huge focus on the top tier VA kids, especially 757. We can't just sit back and let London get a stranglehold on the area. Maybe the staff can get creative. I know UVA for the second year in a row will be holding some practices at the VA Beach Sportsplex I think...smart recruiting IMO.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big weekend for us. It is our one and only "junior day". We may get up to three new commits.

As for Cornell, I am pretty sure that he will be working DC, MD, NOVA and Pennsylvania (yes we are going back into PA) and some spot work on guys elsewhere.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big weekend for us. It is our one and only "junior day". We may get up to three new commits.

As for Cornell, I am pretty sure that he will be working DC, MD, NOVA and Pennsylvania (yes we are going back into PA) and some spot work on guys elsewhere.

Glad to hear that, especially about Pennsylvania. If I remember correctly, we got some pretty good lineman from there back in the days. I'm thinking Kadela and maybe Lehr came from there, but I could be wrong. Regardless, glad to see us expanding our footprint a little...just as long as we keep a stanglehold on our own Commonwealth.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I heard we got the QB from tx here for an unofficial recently!!! Sounds like he really liked VT.