• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we got the QB from tx here for an unofficial recently!!! Sounds like he really liked VT.

That is good news hunz. Interested to see how it plays out with Millweard over the course of the year. As talent rich as Texas is maybe we can steal him from out of there. If UT, A&M, TCU, oh I forgot SMU, Houston, Texas Tech, UTEP, and N. Texas don't get to him first. There are too many FBS schools in that state, it just ain't fair.Texas QB's are usually pretty good from what I've seen though, even the under the radar ones...will be hard if any of these guys get in on it though, or the rest of the SE/SW for that matter.
Also, Looks like UVA got a commitment from Mark Hall from Green Run, VA Beach. He is the #15 player in VA by rivals. I'm OK with this, maybe it pushes some of the other LB's in VA in VT's direction (Ekanem, Moore, Edmunds)

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new offer to add. VT has offered 6-3, 190 pound junior Desmond Frye from Thomas Dale High School. He is supposedly coming to Junior Day.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have like 6 new offers to add. They should be up shortly.

Thanks!

Frye is a good one and I think that we are in good shape for him. i am not sure where he fits though if we eliminate the whip position. I guess at 6'3" he could get to 230 or so with some Gentrification.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man i dont know if you guys have seen the sealand (sp?) LB outta Ga but imo he looks really impressive.

Also was pleasantly surprised by how good the Millweard film is. <-- there is room for some improvement but he's got a lot of natural things that cant be coached.

Yeah offers are flying out and i think the JR day list has gotten a little longer also.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
anyone know anything about the Frye kid?

Btw he is Sb's first offer.

edit: sorry didnt see this had already been discussed:) been a little behind in the times the past couple weeks.:o

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have like 6 new offers to add. They should be up shortly.

Thanks!

Frye is a good one and I think that we are in good shape for him. i am not sure where he fits though if we eliminate the whip position. I guess at 6'3" he could get to 230 or so with some Gentrification.

His coach said WR or Safety fwiw.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things:

Sealand is very interested. It could be between us and South Carolina. Gray is his recruiter with Shane giving the assist. We can't ask for more than that.

Cornell has his first target and he is a 5 star defensive linemen. They have already been in touch.

I have 6 more offers to add tomorrow. That is 12 new offers in like 36 hours. I would say we have a new approach. They are also in 5 different states. Meanwhile we are being stingy with offers in state. It looks like Beamer is recognizing that a VT offer has more impact out of state.

2012 is going to be an exciting recruiting year. I see like 4,000 posts in this thread by signing day.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted another update. We have offered 12 new guys from 5 different states in the last 48 hours. Two of these guys (Spence and Eligwe) are lock 5* recruits who we are going to be fighting hard to get. In addition, Spence is Cornell Brown's first target that I know of.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like Spence and Cornell made a connection, which is always good.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a final list of which juniors are visiting this weekend. Think we will get some commits this weekend? Maybe they will get to go to the basketball game tonight, get to see a rowdy crowd at Cassell, and we can kick the Dukies Azz...either way, if they attend it should be a great atmosphere.

Also, anyone have any info. on the walk-on we got from Stone Bridge, Rody?? Didn't SB win the Div. 6 State championship??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The juniors that I know were supposed to be there are as follows:

Joel Caleb
Brendan Motley
Desmond Frye
Jody Fuller
Dakota Jackson
Derek Dowery
Woody Baron
Sheldon Day
Korren Kirven
Alston Smith
Ken Ekanem
Deon Clarke
Devin Vandyke
Dahman McKinnon
Lorenzo Fields
Der'Woun Greene
Germone Hopper

Guys that I would not be shocked at all if committed:
Kirven
Greene
Smith (just got an offer)

Guys that would thrill me and may commit:
Ekanem
Caleb
Hopper

Bruce's son just got his offer as well!!!!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The juniors that I know were supposed to be there are as follows:

Joel Caleb
Brendan Motley
Desmond Frye
Jody Fuller
Dakota Jackson
Derek Dowery
Woody Baron
Sheldon Day
Korren Kirven
Alston Smith
Ken Ekanem
Deon Clarke
Devin Vandyke
Dahman McKinnon
Lorenzo Fields
Der'Woun Greene
Germone Hopper

Guys that I would not be shocked at all if committed:
Kirven
Greene
Smith (just got an offer)

Guys that would thrill me and may commit:
Ekanem
Caleb
Hopper

Bruce's son just got his offer as well!!!!!

Nice list 46. I imagine we should get at least one or two commits from someone this weekend. Maybe some good news tomorrow or Monday..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW i dont think Day made the trip, could be some others but not sure right now.:confused:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I head the same thing about Day. Grr, he was supposed to come with Harley as well. Usually a Bunch of the WC guys and the coaches come for a.weekend themselves. I am hoping for that this year as well and maybe DE will come too.

Hunz, got.your message too. No worries man. Can't PM from my damn phone anymore. Ugh.