• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the general rule of law in Florida has to do with recording a phone conversation without making it clear to the other person that you, or someone else, is doing so. At some point Coach Wiles should have been told that what he believed was a private one on one conversation with Blue was actually being recorded and blasted out on Twitter. The reporter's behavior was unethical at best, and possibly criminal.

I have a few basic questions:

1. Why was a reporter listening to what should have been a private conversation? Has the reporter done this before and with whom?

2. The reporter assumed Blue was talking to Coach Beamer...is that what he was told by Blue? What made the reporter believe Coach Beamer was on the other end of the line?

3. Did Blue tell Coach Wiles at any time that a reporter was listening/recording/tweeting the phone conversation between he and Blue?

4. Was this a deliberate set-up to attempt to embarrass Coach Beamer, and if so, why?

I have more questions, but those are just the basics.

These are all very good questions, and if intentionally done, this was sinister and underhanded, and Golden is no better than anyone else down there at Miami.

This idiot "reporter" needs to come out and explain himself and make a public apology. he erased the tweets, like an idiot, and then erased the apology to Beamer as well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are all very good questions, and if intentionally done, this was sinister and underhanded, and Golden is no better than anyone else down there at Miami.

This idiot "reporter" needs to come out and explain himself and make a public apology. he erased the tweets, like an idiot, and then erased the apology to Beamer as well.

If it is a crime, can he be hit with tampering with evidence?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone wondering about Mike Tyson, he is going to Hargrave next year and is expected to sign with the Hoos afterwards. We all know how that can change though.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What he obviously didn't know until I reminded him on Twitter yesterday, is that all tweets are saved by Twitter for a period of 90 days. Additionally, I've already seen several instances where people saved the conversation verbatim.

Want to know what Porter said today? Read this article from his newspaper:

Regarding Ja Wand Blue and Virginia Tech’s coaching staff

I will tell you right now that he stopped tweeting the conversation when he was called out on Twitter, not as he describes in the article: "Given the highly compelling nature of the conversation, I began to tweet the quotes, but soon realized that I was doing so without rock-solid attribution. I hung up and called my editors to inform them. I removed the original tweets about Blue’s conversation for fairness purposes, i.e., it would have been fair to give Virginia Tech a chance to respond."

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, read the comments to that article. It looks like they managed to gather the world's largest collection of idiots in one place.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if this has already been posted, but apparently Golden is now calling our recruiting tactics into question. I mean, really? You work for the dirtiest program in the history of college football, steal two recruits from us you couldn't evaluate yourself, then call us out???

Speaking at his press conference, Miami coach Al Golden didn't mince words about the negative recruiting tactics employed by the Hokies

"At times, it entered the world of vicious," he said. "They saw a soft spot and went after it. A lot of times you give them enough rope to hang themselves."

Virginia Tech, Miami at odds after late recruiting switches

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the comments are hilarious. ThUg fans making fun of VT and saying that it was no big deal he was posting the convo.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait to kick their ass again this year

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if this has already been posted, but apparently Golden is now calling our recruiting tactics into question. I mean, really? You work for the dirtiest program in the history of college football, steal two recruits from us you couldn't evaluate yourself, then call us out???

Speaking at his press conference, Miami coach Al Golden didn't mince words about the negative recruiting tactics employed by the Hokies

"At times, it entered the world of vicious," he said. "They saw a soft spot and went after it. A lot of times you give them enough rope to hang themselves."

Virginia Tech, Miami at odds after late recruiting switches

Was the "soft-spot" a detailed and shocking expose report on the numerous and terrible recruiting violations that have gone on at Miami for the better part a decade? And maybe suggesting that serious sanctions might be coming?

Shame on us if so. We should never be using common sense or something like reality in our recruiting. It should all be about sugarplums and gumdrops in a fanciful world we've made-believe is real.

In other words, be like UNC in 2010.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New "U" spokesman

bagdad_bob_large.gif

"Nothing to see here in South Beach. No hookers, blow, or abortions here! We at the U...niversity of Miami only take the most upstanding citizens. All athletes carry a 4.0 and perfect SAT"

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously, what Wiles said to the kid wasn't bad and certainly no different than any other coach would have said. He just happened to have his conversation illegally taped. I mean what did Golden expect him to say, “Good luck Jawand. We hope you kick our a$$ the next four years and that your world is filled with rainbows and lollipops.”

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden is just sore because he has been practicing getting his ass pounded by larger and larger objects waiting for the NCAA sanctions to come.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden is just sore because he has been practicing getting his ass pounded by larger and larger objects waiting for the NCAA sanctions to come.

Me thinks he doesn't need that much practice.