• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok. i guess i just thought you guys were true Hokie fans. my mistake.

n37680_say_that_to_my_face2.jpg

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably going to take a few weeks off....ha ha

Dont take to long away. Last year, by the day after NSD, we had 2 verbals already. Somebody needs to be the one doing :washing:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was just messing TAE. It will be slow until Junior Day (2/18) so that should be a nice break.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point is that top talent from all over the country keeps going to fsu/miami when they havent been powers in 5 years at least. im not talking about a random top 250 player here and there like uva, im talking 5 star guys year in year out.

This is why the rankings are a semi-joke. Obviously there are some advantages to getting lots of 5* guys. But look at Florida. They went 6-6 last year and got trashed for a lack of talent. A lack of talent? 2011 Ri____ ranking #12, 2010 #3, 2009 #11, 2008 #3, 2007 #1. All those top classes and devoid of talent. :doh:

Locally, I watched Kyle Prater (#3 overall a few years back) barely make an impact at USC-W, get passed by Marquise Lee and the freak Robert Woods, get released from USC and transfer home to Northwestern.

Another cause of ratings flops (and could hurt Kirven) is there is only 1 football but multiple 4* and 5* guys. Prater wasn't bad but he's competing against other studs. Sort of like David Wilson was early one. I think DW was a 4* and 40th overall but he wasn't getting the PT behind Williams and Evans.

The Hokies got a very good class and guys who fit the system. I'm extremely pleased with how they did today.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hmmm...wonder if that "reporter" could be involved in legal trouble w that stunt

Florida | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

BEAMER:"I found it highly unusual that a newspaper guy would be tweeting a private conversation that was being had there. And then I'm interested in how the newspaper guy got onto their conversation, and us not be aware of it. It's a little bit unusual. We're checking into that right now."

Frank Beamer talks about Jawand Blue - ACC Blog - ESPN

Beamer basically described exactly what the Jerms link is talking about.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people need to relax. jeeeezzzzz!! i must have missed the strict no-sarcasm policy

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
blue

not to kick a dead horse but what is the big deal with the reporter and blue? maybe i'm being stupid...was it a shitty thing to do to have a reporter in the room listening on speaker to a private conversation?? hells yeah --- but is it illegal?

i read the quick and dirty on espn/dinich and down in the comments, someone said that was a felony in florida?? just curious if there is any truth to that or if it violates ncaa policy??

whatever the case, it was shitty ... and i'm with CFB .. he's been around long enough to know that kids flip-flop .. but to commit and then wait til the last minute .. that's shitty .. but even worse was the notion that a beat reporter was in the room tweeting the details of the conversation.

and golden is catching up to dabo as the acc's super-douche in my book .. what a dirty bastard -- he's fitting in just fine at the U -- as much as i hate WhoVA, it appears that london at least has "some" class .. it won't matter though .. the U will never be back in my opinion.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grade B-
Virginia Tech Hokies
Top prospect: ATH Joel Caleb (Midlothian, Va./Clover Hill) has the size, strength and athleticism that coach Frank Beamer covets, and he could add immediate depth on either side of the ball and be a presence on special teams.

Breakdown: It's hard to argue with Beamer's success on the recruiting trail -- not a lot of big names, but plenty of quality football players over the years. This year's deep class is no different. Donaldven Manning (Miami/Central) is a sound corner who masks his lack of measurables with great instincts and fundamentals. The Hokies also added a solid boost of speed on offense with four-star running back Drew Harris (Exton, Pa./Downingtown East) and three-star J.C. Coleman (Chesapeake, Va./Oscar Frommel). Both are rated in the top 25 at a position of need, and Harris could be the next productive featured back in Morgantown. The pass rush also got a boost with the additions of Woody Baron (Brentwood, Tenn./Brentwood Academy) and Jarontay Jones (Stone Mountain, Ga./Stephenson).

From ESPN. I am insulted they put Morgantown in association with VT.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to kick a dead horse but what is the big deal with the reporter and blue? maybe i'm being stupid...was it a shitty thing to do to have a reporter in the room listening on speaker to a private conversation?? hells yeah --- but is it illegal?

i read the quick and dirty on espn/dinich and down in the comments, someone said that was a felony in florida?? just curious if there is any truth to that or if it violates ncaa policy??

whatever the case, it was shitty ... and i'm with CFB .. he's been around long enough to know that kids flip-flop .. but to commit and then wait til the last minute .. that's shitty .. but even worse was the notion that a beat reporter was in the room tweeting the details of the conversation.

and golden is catching up to dabo as the acc's super-douche in my book .. what a dirty bastard -- he's fitting in just fine at the U -- as much as i hate WhoVA, it appears that london at least has "some" class .. it won't matter though .. the U will never be back in my opinion.

Apparently, in Florida you cannot record (and this includes transcribe) a phone conversation without consent of bit parties, and breach of that is a felony.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I believe the general rule of law in Florida has to do with recording a phone conversation without making it clear to the other person that you, or someone else, is doing so. At some point Coach Wiles should have been told that what he believed was a private one on one conversation with Blue was actually being recorded and blasted out on Twitter. The reporter's behavior was unethical at best, and possibly criminal.

I have a few basic questions:

1. Why was a reporter listening to what should have been a private conversation? Has the reporter done this before and with whom?

2. The reporter assumed Blue was talking to Coach Beamer...is that what he was told by Blue? What made the reporter believe Coach Beamer was on the other end of the line?

3. Did Blue tell Coach Wiles at any time that a reporter was listening/recording/tweeting the phone conversation between he and Blue?

4. Was this a deliberate set-up to attempt to embarrass Coach Beamer, and if so, why?

I have more questions, but those are just the basics.