• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOW. This conversation that is being reported by this Palm Beach reporter is ridiculous. I can't believe Blue has the conversation with Beamer on speaker phone for media to listen.

Matt Porter@mattyports
Beamer: "It would be a blessing for you to go away for school. I promise. You've got homeboys here. ... We need you. We're counting on you."

3m Matt Porter@mattyports
Beamer, to Blue: "You want to go to a program that wins bowl games, a clean program, that dominates in the ACC?"

4m Matt Porter@mattyports
Blue is telling Frank Beamer, "I wanted to stay home." Beamer: "This doesn't make any sense. I've never felt more betrayed or lied to."

6m Matt Porter@mattyports
I'm listening in right now as Frank Beamer is telling Ja Wand Blue, "you lied to me." #VaTech #Canes

Matt Porter@mattyportsReply

West Boca Raton coaches tell me they are faxing Ja Wand Blue's LOI to Miami. #Canes. He is on the phone now decommitting from #VaTech.

Wow.

Most people are at least a little ashamed when they break a commitment. Broadcasting a phone call like that is a serious douchebag move.

I was giving Blue the benefit of the doubt. Now I guess we just move on and don't think about him any more.

He's clearly less that what we expect from players. Or people.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Porter @mattyports
I'm listening in right now as Frank Beamer is telling Ja Wand Blue, "you lied to me." #VaTech #Canes

Matt Porter @mattyports
Blue is telling Frank Beamer, "I wanted to stay home." Beamer: "This doesn't make any sense. I've never felt more betrayed or lied to."

Give him hell Frank!! Not that ultimately it is going to matter. This ^^^ is the reason why VT has been so hesitant to spend a ton of time on Florida kids in the past. This is not the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last. Props to Manning for honoring his commitment. As far as Blue and Lockhart goes...<insert expletive>

Blue and Lockhart both attended the same HS correct (West Boca Raton)? I believe they did, and if so, it is probably safe to say that bridge is likely been burned with Beams and Co.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol at everyone freaking out about Blue. If he signs, he signs, if he doesn't, he isnt going to break our class. He's not even the best commit we have still unsigned.

Hard to imagine anyone freaking out about Blue going to Miami since we knew he was shaky almost 2 months ago. Hey...I don't begrudge him wanting to play close to home.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, as long as we got Caleb I could deal with some decommitments on the defensive side, especially in a position we're typically good at recruiting. Good chance we can get a better fit next year for our team at the LB position.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jawand, what about your homeboys?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Give him hell Frank!! Not that ultimately it is going to matter. This ^^^ is the reason why VT has been so hesitant to spend a ton of time on Florida kids in the past. This is not the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last. Props to Manning for honoring his commitment. As far as Blue and Lockhart goes...<insert expletive>

Blue and Lockhart both attended the same HS correct (West Boca Raton)? I believe they did, and if so, it is safe toi say that bridge is likely been burned with Beams and Co.

LOL! Seriously??

You're actually believing what Porter is tweeting? He wouldn't be within miles of either end of that phone line.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha Frank Beamer is trending on twitter in the US

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note, Jones found the fax machine in Georgia. LOL

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Porter has deleted ALL of the reported conversation "tweets."

His last tweet about Blue says West Boca Raton coaches "TELL" him they are sending in the LOI. So he wasn't even present for the alleged conversation (that probably never happened, there's no way Frank Beamer uttered the words "home-boys" - dead giveaway. lmao)

EDIT: Va Tech spokesperson said it was Charley Wiles, confirms tweets were true.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Porter has deleted ALL of the reported conversation "tweets." Looks like a publicity stunt.

His last tweet about Blue says West Boca Raton coaches "TELL" him they are sending in the LOI. So he wasn't even present for the alleged conversation (that probably never happened, there's no way Frank Beamer uttered the words "home-boys" - dead giveaway.)

This whole story is douchebag territory.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Porter has deleted ALL of the reported conversation "tweets." Looks like a publicity stunt.

His last tweet about Blue says West Boca Raton coaches "TELL" him they are sending in the LOI. So he wasn't even present for the alleged conversation (that probably never happened, there's no way Frank Beamer uttered the words "home-boys" - dead giveaway. lmao)

Now he's saying it was Charlie Wiles, not Beamer

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Porter has deleted ALL of the reported conversation "tweets."

EDIT: Va Tech spokesperson said it was Charley Wiles, confirms tweets were true.

The tweets weren't "true" if it wasn't Beamer. Kind of a big difference, don'tcha think?