• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on where Diggs ended up? I am hoping he doesn't go to one of Kendall's top-5.

I believe Diggs has said he will announce sometime in the next week (after signing day). Yeah..one of those. Most think Florida is in the lead.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have gotten to the point where we are now landing walk ons to whom we would have given scholarships not too long ago. Amazing.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is if you put a ton of stock on overall rankings....

Nearly 95% of my 401K is invested in rankings... those GD things better be right.

As smart as any invest I've made over the past 10 years.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also got good news on Blue.

Fuck that guy. We get to push his shit in for the next four/five years. This is called UVAing a recruit.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not announcing til the 10th

Not a fan of "those". You're telling me you couldn't make a decision in the 18 months you've been recruited? you need another 10 days? Really?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We have gotten to the point where we are now landing walk ons to whom we would have given scholarships not too long ago. Amazing.

This almost deserves a thread all to itself, but im with you, we have landed some monster WO the past 2 years.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any random 4+ stars out there we have a chance at still since we have a scholly or two available?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost deserves a thread all to itself, but im with you, we have landed some monster WO the past 2 years.

Agreed - I think we are taking it up a levelin recruiting. Couldn't be happier hunz!

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TAE..IMO Frank saying "homeboy" is not out of the realm of possibility, if he can "get jiggy with in" in the locker room, then homeboy could possibly be on the radar..... In fact, when landing some of these kids nothing that is said would surprise me, especially in the heat of the moment on signing day. I will admit now that I really think about it, that would be funny as hell if Frank DID in fact say that.:lol:

Hell yeah, Frank has mad street cred.

beamer-dancing-o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting a bit of criticism last year for a class that only contained 8 Virginia kids (out of 20), Beamer and Co. came back strong this year and 18 out of 28 kids came from the Commonwealth.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of "those". You're telling me you couldn't make a decision in the 18 months you've been recruited? you need another 10 days? Really?

Right, It is called wanting the spotlight ALL to yourself IMO. I seriously doubt he needed anymore time than the other thousands of recruits committing to play fball somewhere this year. While I have no doubt in Diggs' talent (he will be a beast..NFL written all over him), and I certainly would have welcomed him in B'Burg with open arms, I don't think he would have been a great fit. Don't know much about him, he may bea great stand up kid?? Everything that I have seen makes me think that he is a me, me, me kind of guy. Think one of our greatest DBs ever, Me'Angelo Hall....I may be way off, just my take from a distance.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's all about the glam .. Even JC Shurburtt said that Diggs was gonna be one of those guys that will have to be de-recruited.

I'll say two things about Blue and leave it at that:
1. I don't blame him for staying home and playing for the U .. That and being able to pump out NFL recruits are the only good things that they can sell (and point 2 is yet to be seen with Golden IMO).
2. Coach W should've told him that it's gonna be fun watching JC, LT, and Harris run down his fucking throat for the next 4-5

In other not-quite-as-exciting news, my buddy whom I work with told me that his nephew, Colton Taylor (From Salem High School in Salem, VA) was invited to walk-on for long snapper

Colton Taylor's Football Recruiting Profile