• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the second coming of Mike Vick I'd volunteer to hold one end of the banner.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question! Several factors will play into this:

1) Can Marshall put on the 30-40 pounds of muscle-weight to play DT on an every-down basis? I think he weighs about 250-260 now.

2) If Marshall moves to DE, and with the departure of Battle, Prince, Tucker and Hamlette, that leaves the Hopkins brothers, Maddy, and Harley as the only DTs with actual game experience. Will any of the incoming 2012 DTs be ready to play if Marshall moves to DE?

3) If Marshall's unable to gain weight to play DT, will he become the 5th DE to go along with Gayle, Collins, McCray, and Wilson? Will he play a DE/DT role? Will any of the 2012 DEs be ready to play in the Fall?

4) Will DE Perez-Means be moved to TE?

5) Will Wilson be moved from DE to Whip and does he have the cover skills in space?

Spring ball should give us a better idea about where Marshall will play, but I really don't think things will finalize until the first game...maybe.

Minor thing, but in #2, Harley has yet to see the field. Heard good things about him thusfar though.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Minor thing, but in #2, Harley has yet to see the field. Heard good things about him thusfar though.

You're correct...my bad. If I remember correctly now, he came in overweight and Wiles thought he needed a year to redistribute his weight and get stronger.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question! Several factors will play into this:

1) Can Marshall put on the 30-40 pounds of muscle-weight to play DT on an every-down basis? I think he weighs about 250-260 now.

2) If Marshall moves to DE, and with the departure of Battle, Prince, Tucker and Hamlette, that leaves the Hopkins brothers, Maddy, and Harley as the only DTs with actual game experience. Will any of the incoming 2012 DTs be ready to play if Marshall moves to DE?

3) If Marshall's unable to gain weight to play DT, will he become the 5th DE to go along with Gayle, Collins, McCray, and Wilson? Will he play a DE/DT role? Will any of the 2012 DEs be ready to play in the Fall?

4) Will DE Perez-Means be moved to TE?

5) Will Wilson be moved from DE to Whip and does he have the cover skills in space?

Spring ball should give us a better idea about where Marshall will play, but I really don't think things will finalize until the first game...maybe.

thanks for the info man. i had been wondering about marshall myself. he looked pretty good this year in part-time duty, but he definitely needs to add some weight if he is to stay there.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to twitter, the Hokies landed a walk-on commit from South County defensive lineman, Jeremy Haynes.

Here are some of his highlights:

Jeremy Haynes - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

This was reported on twitter by @NavDizzle.

Haynes is a teammate of current commit Devin Vandyke.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks. Solid read.

Better also cite the writer....chicagomaron (aka Chris Hatcher)

Honest question because I really don't know the answer...is a link to the source article not good enough for citing purposes or do we also have to note the author as you suggested?